Account Management

I just purchased a code from the store only to find out Acct Mgmnt is down for maintenance ? For how long ? @Kyronix
You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.

Comments

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,247
    Account Management is owned by EA so who knows
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,990
    The fact that these issues happen frequently is frustrating we can't blame spaghetti code on this stuff someone somewhere is not doing their job correctly 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,038
    Grimbeard said:
    The fact that these issues happen frequently is frustrating we can't blame spaghetti code on this stuff someone somewhere is not doing their job correctly 
    Find out who that person is and page on them!!!!
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,990
    edited May 2023
    Pawain said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Find out who that person is and page on them!!!!
    Now say you used acid instead of chlorine in one of your customers pools how many times would it happen before you lost account? 
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,385
    dont pool guys use both chlorine for pool and acid for self to help with the job boredom 

:s
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I gave my money over, over 2 hrs ago. I'm sorry but this along with many other things is beyond acceptable.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    edited May 2023
    Hate to tell you all this but I just logged into Account Management @Garth_Grey
    https://accounts.eamythic.com/
    That link tells me it's down for maintenance.

Clear you computer because that link shows me it is up and working.
  • SableSable Posts: 239
    If you are still getting the maintenance page, then clear your browser cache and reload account management.
    Clear my cache ? wtf,  I only downloaded Firefox for this websight, I've been no where else on it, why should I have to now clear it to access that ? holy crap

Sable said:
    If you are still getting the maintenance page, then clear your browser cache and reload account management.

Thank you, that worked, but seriously ??

edited May 2023
    Sable said:

Thank you, that worked, but seriously ??
    You just had to go to the page with the down message and refresh the page.

It was down and had a message.  But it was fixed and no posters will acknowledge the devs keeping the game running on a daily basis.  They are too busy saying they do nothing.

Yes your computer stores web pages in cache so they load faster.  Especially a low bit page like that one. Refreshing or reloading gives a new version of the page. 

You can tell your computer not to cache pages if you prefer all pages reload every time.
    I had to do this to get the forums to work here never had to do that before... user error I should have known to reload page / clear cache  :D
    edited May 2023
    Skett said:
    I had to do this to get the forums to work here never had to do that before... user error I should have known to reload page / clear cache  :D
    I think it a new thing, this caching of web pages for faster viewing.... Was not around when I was 12. Pong did not use it.

https://ahrefs.com/seo/glossary/cached-page

This one has a cartoon: https://www.cloudflare.com/learning/cdn/what-is-caching/

Around the same time that the UO forums had trouble, my bank website made me upgrade Chrome and clear cache before I could log into my account.  So I never had any problems accessing the UO Forums on my PC.  Still have to log in a few times on my phone.  I'm too lazy to update and clear it on my phone.

is a new thing i use firefox never had problems with the forums but to day i couldnt get past login screen closed re opened firefox worked fine
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,144
    I laughed when I read this thread. It's the epitome of a UO forum thread.
    1. User comes here saying something is broken.
    2. Someone else chimes in about the Devs (when it's probably not a dev issue).
    3. Someone gives a solution.
    4. Pom Pom waiver comes out and says "Duh. Technology" and gives kudos to the Dev team (which probably wasn't their issue and they didn't fix).
    5. Original poster says "yea it's working....but still..."
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,825
    keven2002 said:
    4. Pom Pom waiver comes out and says "Duh. Technology" and gives kudos to the Dev team (which probably wasn't their issue and they didn't fix).
    You forgot:

6. @Pawain and @Grimbeard argue and pretend they don’t secretly have a crush on each other. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

:D 
    You forgot that as well.  
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,144
    keven2002 said:
    You forgot:

6. @ Pawain and @ Grimbeard argue and pretend they don’t secretly have a crush on each other. 

Lol I was actually going to say #6 was Pawain & McDougle argue back and forth to eventually have the thread locked
    Account management is back up.  Problem solved, thank you EA  @Mariah time to close as this has been fixed
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,969Moderator
    Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.