IDEA: New crafter pet

So we have the portable forge with the fire beetle.  What about a pet termite that acts like a pack animal and then you feed it logs and it converts and stores them as boards?  Board are heavier than ingots and this could be helpful and save lumberjacks a step.

-H

Comments

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    So we have the portable forge with the fire beetle.  What about a pet termite that acts like a pack animal and then you feed it logs and it converts and stores them as boards?  Board are heavier than ingots and this could be helpful and save lumberjacks a step.

-H
    Cut trees, axe logs, place boards in BLUE beetle/pack horse/lama and you can have 5 of them with you as you gather wood.  You can even use the new harvester axe that make boards automatically so you do not have to unload as often and they have a new satchel for lumberjacks that cuts the weight in half.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,098
    Ya with an axe the Satchel and a blue beetle, you do not need a termite.

You even said it just saves 1 step.

But, I am for new pets!
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • I'm still waiting for New Legacy's streamlined harvesting features. Hit a single button, and char will automatically gather a nearby resource node until it's depleted. No need to hold down "Last Object - Last Target" macro then.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,023
    Lucky pet please 
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210

-H

Logs are easily made into boards. Store a giant stack at home and place on floor. Target with axe. Pick up and "hold" in air while using a last object last target macro and this turns all logs into boards. Weight does not matter using this. 

This was fixed long ago with hides but logs slipped thru the cracks. 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    edited April 2023
    ok, that's enough taking advantage of a mod who doesn't always know slang references. Many posts have been removed.
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 786
    I missed whatever drama landed in this thread, so I'm not sure where the topic drifted to. But I'm going a bit off-topic (sorry Hera) with my wish for a new ridable pack animal. I am so sick of those blue beetles being the only ridable creature that offers a roomy hatchback. 

They take up too much space. They're not particularly attractive. They make your avatar look unattractive and ridiculously bow-legged while riding.

Why can't we have something cuter and more compact? If not something with altogether new artwork, then why not a ridable pack-llama? That's what I've always wanted, really. I love my llamas. 
  • Mariah said:
    ok, that's enough taking advantage of a mod who doesn't always know slang references. Many posts have been removed.

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,169
    LilyGrace said:
    That's what I've always wanted, really. I love my llamas. 

It was a rabbit hole that Victim started down about another type of rodent that builds dams... Victim was saying he loved those as well...but I digress.
    keven2002 said:
    LilyGrace said:

It was a rabbit hole that Victim started down about another type of rodent that builds dams... Victim was saying he loved those as well...but I digress.
    I’m so confused  :s
    edited April 2023
    Mariah said:

Yes PLEASE.  We did get a little carried away
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    I'll forgive you.
    @LilyGrace If you really want to know what these naughty 'children' were up to, send me a DM.
  • LilyGrace said:
    keven2002 said:
    LilyGrace said:

I’m so confused  :s
    Let's just say it was mostly "Boys being Boys" 

I’m all set. A little beaver, I mean birdie, told me. 
    So we agree the lucky pet should be  a rideable beaver that eats trees 
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,122Dev
    I've played other games that are resource collection heavy, one in particular allowed you to utilize animals to harvest wood from trees faster, in that instance it was a beaver.  I wasn't leet enough to get my own beaver, so I bought it from someone else for some metal resources.  His name was Justin Beaver.
    So my beaver being aquatic would of course allow me to ride it in shallow water ;)
  • Meme Creator - NOPE Not touching this one Not even with a

Yup I was able to show restraint there also.

Not touching it with my 16ft pool pole. Pool guys have longer poles.
    I’d be ok with a ridable beaver as a pack animal if it wasn’t a big giant thing like a blue beetle. But I’d still rather have a llama. 

That said, and off topic again, I can’t help myself, because I really do love beaver. 

I’ve posted a link to this documentary many times on various boards and sites when the topic of water conservation and solving problems with drought etc, have come up. It’s not always easy to find the whole documentary. It seems to come and go on YouTube.

You could find worse ways to spend an hour than watching this documentary. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eKVSkdB1cJg&pp=ygUgbGVhdmUgaXQgdG8gYmVhdmVycyBkb2N1bWVudGFyeSA%3D

There are a lot of good articles out there too, on how much beavers could help the planet if they were treated less like pests and instead their skills were employed where needed. 

All those terrible fires out west? Beavers are often responsible for the first greenery to return. 

• How about a Woodchuck then.  *wonders how much wood it could chuck*

• Ive always thought a thief should be able to tame a Grubber and use it to steal for players (maybe once a day).
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,169
    Ive always thought a thief should be able to tame a Grubber and use it to steal for players (maybe once a day).
    I thought the same thing except instead of Grubbers it would be orphan kids you take under your wing... Artful Dodger style. Depending on their strength to lift things from people they would be 1 slot or 2 slots. When you give the command they surround the target asking them for candy while taking something else more valuable. :D
    A beaver or woodchuck would fit the bill even if they were not ridable and used the players skills in order to get the different woods.  As I do not want to put any Taming on my Lumberjack then I would hope that the would be 1 slot pets with pack instincts and can be bounded.  When they are full they auto stop eating/processing lumber.  Portable Lumber Mills  Or they could be like the Fire Bug that does not hold anything, the Portable Mill would just go to a tree and process it and deposit the lumber on the ground and you place it in the 4 packies you have following you
    I can see it now. They make a beaver and it works like an iron beetle.
    Pawain said:
    I can see it now. They make a beaver and it works like an iron beetle.
    But it's gotta have a big tail 
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 527
    edited April 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    So we agree the lucky pet should be  a rideable beaver that eats trees 
    Kyronix said:
    I've played other games that are resource collection heavy, one in particular allowed you to utilize animals to harvest wood from trees faster, in that instance it was a beaver.  I wasn't leet enough to get my own beaver, so I bought it from someone else for some metal resources.  His name was Justin Beaver.
    Castoroides in Ark: Survival Evolved.

I loved how Ark had creatures that specialized in gathering specific resources. The Mammoth was actually better at harvesting Wood than the Castoroides (Beaver), but wouldn't harvest it autonomously like the Castoroides would. The Ankylosaurus was the king of gathering Metal. The Doedicurus was good at gathering Stone, and would do so autonomously. The Therizinosaurus was nuts at gathering Fiber, and could be specialized even further into specific resources, but the Gigantopithecus (Sasquatch) would gather Fiber autonomously.
    I played the hell out of that game (3,773 hours), but got sick and tired of having to constantly babysit my dinos (literally) and base against raiders (nothing quite like being raided/griefed by people undermeshing under the map to destroy your base with impunity from your turrets).