Unable to stay logged in to forum

13»

Comments

  • Kyronix said:
    The problem is being worked on.  We are told there are several moving parts that need to be addressed and our back end team is taking care of it as priorities allow. Using Firefox is the best work around at the moment.
    It's getting better, I only have to do the Locomotion, instead of the Nekkid Hokey-Pokey to satay logged in.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

    Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,652
    Last night's maintenance on the broadsword account page seems to have fixed the issue for me of not being able to log in to the forum using Edge.  

    Has it been fixed for other people as well?
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 1,793
    I still do not know what the deal is I am running Windows 10 and Chrome and I have never had a problem logging in that is if the forums are up and running LOL
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 1,920
    Nope still isn't working for me on Chrome.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,134
    keven2002 said:
    Nope still isn't working for me on Chrome.

    Chrome. I have to log in, go to inbox then back to out to stay logged in. Welcome to UO
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,099
    My phone works correctly now.  It was the only device I had trouble with. I use Chrome and Silk.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,035
    I am now using Chrome again to log in to the forums and so far it looks good.

    Vendor search is working again, sovereigns is back, everything is good! :)

  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,134
    Larisa said:

    Vendor search is working again

    Meanwhile, i get the seesaw. Either Vs works and forums are down or vice versa.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 1,920
    @Kyronix - Can we get an update on this? It's been several months and I'm still unable to stay logged in (along with many others) unless I'm using FireFox. It was a fine work around for a month while things were resolved but 3 months later people shouldn't be forced to use a different browser simply to interact on the forums. This is literally the only webpage I use it for; I have no issues with any other website I use.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,055Dev
    It's still in the queue to be addressed.  I have no update on the timetable.
  • RockoRocko Posts: 174
    Thanks @Kyronix ;, just to add, I get logged out every 24 hours and I use Chrome.  When I log in, I have to relog multiple times.  If I refresh the page I get logged out.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 1,920
    edited July 6
    @Kyronix - Any update on this since the last update a month ago? People are still having issues (as well as myself) staying logged in to this site. It's been almost 6 months now, surely there is some sort of diagnosis at this point?

    Until the issue is fixed, can the settings be changed to stop automatically logging people out after 24 hours? I'm able to stay logged in to several other websites (including Stratics) for weeks/months without needing to use credentials so I know it's possible to do.

    In the meantime, perhaps to help whoever is looking at the issue (and those who cannot stay logged in): 

    I have more success staying logged in when I "Sign in" from whatever page. I have found more success clicking the Sign In URL at the bottom of a thread rather than the blue button on the left. Then click the little silver circle under my profile name (almost looks like a grey chaos shield) which is for "account options". From there I click on preferences which will keep you logged into the site 100% of the time. From there I click one of the options like Signature settings (which again keeps you logged in) and then click my profile name. If you don't see the blue sign in box to the left then it worked and you have stayed logged in (this combo has worked for me the past 4 days first try after it fails to keep me logged in from Chrome). 
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,055Dev
    edited July 6
    @keven2002 - The fix is going to require an upgrade to the underlying forum software.  It has to do with how Chrome is handling a specific secure cookie.  Other browsers allow it, while Chrome does not.  This is not a critical issue as there is a work-around (use Firefox or Safari if you are on an iOS device). I have no update on the timetable for the upgrade, this is something that gets addressed outside the UO Team.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 1,920
    Kyronix said:
    @ keven2002 - The fix is going to require an upgrade to the underlying forum software.  It has to do with how Chrome is handling a specific secure cookie.  Other browsers allow it, while Chrome does not.  This is not a critical issue as there is a work-around (use Firefox or Safari if you are on an iOS device). I have no update on the timetable for the upgrade, this is something that gets addressed outside the UO Team.
    Thank you for the update
  • SaulGoodman1SaulGoodman1 Posts: 285
    I am sure Kyronix will take a deep dive into the issue.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 1,920
    Just an FYI to anyone that doesn't want to be forced to use FireFox on their Windows machine.

    I think I have figured out a series of steps that will keep you logged in without random clicking of "Sign in". I have successfully followed these steps the past 5 days to remain logged in when I'm auto signed out. 
    1. I've been using the blue sign in button on the left to sign in first and then clicking on a thread (which logs me out). I'm not sure if this step is needed, I'll try skipping this step tomorrow.
    2. Click on any thread and scroll to the bottom where you will see the URL "Sign in". Click that.
    3. You are now logged in (but will likely sign out if you click another link). Click the little silver circle up at the top left under your profile name which is your "Account Options".
    4. Select "Preferences" from this list.
    5. This brings you into your account preferences screen where you will be still logged in. Anything under preferences keeps you signed in. Click on the "Signature Settings".
    6. Don't need to change anything - just click the "Back to profile" link at the top right corner.
    7. This will bring you back to your profile page where you should be still logged in, if it worked. If it didn't work you would see the blue sign in box on the left side (following the steps above I haven't had an issue though).
    8. Click the "Home" link above your profile name and you should be signed in for the next 24 hours.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,553
    keven2002 said:
    Just an FYI to anyone that doesn't want to be forced to use FireFox on their Windows machine.

    I think I have figured out a series of steps that will keep you logged in without random clicking of "Sign in". I have successfully followed these steps the past 5 days to remain logged in when I'm auto signed out. 
    1. I've been using the blue sign in button on the left to sign in first and then clicking on a thread (which logs me out). I'm not sure if this step is needed, I'll try skipping this step tomorrow.
    2. Click on any thread and scroll to the bottom where you will see the URL "Sign in". Click that.
    3. You are now logged in (but will likely sign out if you click another link). Click the little silver circle up at the top left under your profile name which is your "Account Options".
    4. Select "Preferences" from this list.
    5. This brings you into your account preferences screen where you will be still logged in. Anything under preferences keeps you signed in. Click on the "Signature Settings".
    6. Don't need to change anything - just click the "Back to profile" link at the top right corner.
    7. This will bring you back to your profile page where you should be still logged in, if it worked. If it didn't work you would see the blue sign in box on the left side (following the steps above I haven't had an issue though).
    8. Click the "Home" link above your profile name and you should be signed in for the next 24 hours.

    ♫ you put your left foot in, you put your left foot out . . . ♬


    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

    Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 1,793
     :D 
  • SaulGoodman1SaulGoodman1 Posts: 285
    Why would you stay logged into a forum? weird
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited July 12
    “It’s a feature.

    you log out of the game every hour to save your pet from dying and log back in.

    same with forum

    Please first fix so that people can stay logged into game before forum”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,229
    Not sure how relevant this is, but I just logged in with Chrome, navigated to Europa forum, opened the thread I wanted to post on and submitted my post without having to re-log. My pc has windows 11.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 1,920
    Just an FYI that my step by step "fix" worked for me for about a week but stopped working the other day. So I guess it's back to the random clicking when using Chrome if you're having trouble. 
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,553
    keven2002 said:
    Just an FYI that my step by step "fix" worked for me for about a week but stopped working the other day. So I guess it's back to the random clicking when using Chrome if you're having trouble. 
    You forgot to shake it all about.

    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

    Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 1,920
    Just an FYI on this that I've been able to log in with Chrome the last couple days and stay logged without needing to do anything else. Not sure if something was fixed or if it's just the RNG of staying logged in.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,553
    keven2002 said:
    Just an FYI on this that I've been able to log in with Chrome the last couple days and stay logged without needing to do anything else. Not sure if something was fixed or if it's just the RNG of staying logged in.
    RNG, I had to do the Hokey Pokey twice just now to be able to reply to you (forgot to shake it all about the first tiume)
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

    Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 349
    still bad here.
  • VagabondVagabond Posts: 84
    jelinidas said:
    still bad here.
    Still good here.

    Since I got here first in 2018, I might add. *sigh*
    You need help with simple stuff? https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/ -- Otherwise - can I has your stuff?
Sign In or Register to comment.