Crafting gargoyle amulet

Is mage armor possible with reforging? 

Comments

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,800
    edited April 2023
    I just checked and the answer it yes. I used a dull copper hammer to do the reforging.

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    Crafting for luck with copper hammer what setting did you use?
    edited April 2023

This is what I used to get 150 luck using a copper hammer

• ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 802
    edited April 2023
    You can add mage armor at the mage guildmaster.

watch out for this limitation:
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/11294/enhancing-gargish-stone-amulets-is-a-no-op

edited April 2023
    Enhancing with gold doesn't add 40 luck to amulet? 
    edited April 2023
    Grimbeard said:

It does add 40 luck.  I did not have a forged metal of artifacts available to add it this time around
    Note the post I linked to is the gargish stone amulet.
    The blacksmith amulet I didn't test.  possible explanations:
    1. The limitation was fixed.
    2. The limitation is specific to the stone amulet, and not the metal amulet.  That's more justification to fix the stone amulet, of course...

Explanation #3,
    TimSt didn't test using a forged tool.

I suspect it also doesn't get 40 luck added, as crafting an gargish amulet with gold ingots yields the below, which lacks 40 luck.

Grimbeard, feel free to burn a forged metal tool charge to confirm though...

am.jpg 24.5K
    Explanation #3,
    TimSt didn't test using a forged tool.

I suspect it also doesn't get 40 luck added, as crafting an gargish amulet with gold ingots yields the below, which lacks 40 luck.

Grimbeard, feel free to burn a forged metal tool charge to confirm though...

I did use one for sure it's not added also mage armor seems impossible to add. i remember now the discrimination gargoyles face mempo or collar if fortune nope earrings only if you like not having resistance and if i recall the first quivers were blessed but wings not SMH
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited April 2023
    “Like foreverfun said it’s a already reported bug.
    but they are no longer fixing any bugs sorry
    new content only, no bug fix”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    I bought a forged metal artifact and tried it out again.  Turns out you were right.  It does not add 40 luck.  I went back and looked at what I saw the 40 added to.  It was a different piece of armor. Sorry for giving hope.
    Grimbeard said:

also mage armor seems impossible to add.
    So you tried handing the amulet to a mage guildmaster after selecting it to add mage armor? 

It counts as a mod, so you need to have an imbue slot free.  You can test it just by paying the 250k to mage guildmaster, with a standard crafted amulet.
    Grimbeard said:

also mage armor seems impossible to add.
    So you tried handing the amulet to a mage guildmaster after selecting it to add mage armor? 

It counts as a mod, so you need to have an imbue slot free.  You can test it just by paying the 250k to mage guildmaster, with a standard crafted amulet.
    Yes he couldn't 
    “It’s not already medable?”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Yoshi said:
    Correct the amulet is not i didn't check the tinker created necklace (not that gargoyles would need a runic tinker tool )
    "oh yes non med, that is interesting because it doesn't count towards stealthing weight, very strange item indeed"
  • NecronomNecronom Posts: 28
    edited April 2023
    Well, even though you've figured it out, it is mentioned in the Wiki for Material Bonuses...
    Right below the Weapon (ingot) chart:
    "Gargish necklaces and earrings do not benefit from material bonuses via standard crafting or via enhancement"

@TimSt You could also use Powerful instead of Fundamental so that you don't get the Cannot Be Repaired property...

You can not hand a reforged amulet to the mage guild master but can hand him either an imbued or not-imbued amulet to have it made medable.

This was imbued after the mage guild master made it medable.

I have tried to reforge the following medable piece but got the error that it was not reforgable.

So it look like you are limited to 100 luck on crafted medable gargish amulet.

TimSt said:
    You can not hand a reforged amulet to the mage guild master but can hand him either an imbued or not-imbued amulet to have it made medable.

This was imbued after the mage guild master made it medable.

I have tried to reforge the following medable piece but got the error that it was not reforgable.

So it look like you are limited to 100 luck on crafted medable gargish amulet.

"Wow that is nuts, as you can add mage armor to other reforged items"
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,115
    You can only add mage armor if there is room. Take it off a legendary item you find and try to put it back on.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    If you're  trying to get to max luck for the rabbit/egg collecting, consider these options instead:
    1. Use the "Lucky Necklace" (200 luck).
    2. Buy a race change token and switch to human/elf, use human/elf gear.
    3. Create a new throw-away character, that's human/elf.
    The resistances on the armor you wear don't matter much for the bunny.  Likewise, the skills aren't too important either.  You can probably get away with using a swamp dragon pet for attacking the bunny, if you're working in a group.  Other 1 slot pets (boura) are also options.

There are plenty of suggested ideas in the bugs forum for fixing the gargoyle luck problem.  Just two examples:

1. Allow a mempo/collar of fortune to be converted to a necklace.  Vrulkrax could do this in Ter Mur.
    2. Add a new item that allows for a gargish earring slot item to be "combined" with a human earring slot item.  (that would allow combinations like luck 190 head peace to work with yukio earring, scholar halo to be worn with yukio by gargoyle, etc).

If you're  trying to get to max luck for the rabbit/egg collecting, consider these options instead:
    1. Use the "Lucky Necklace" (200 luck).
    2. Buy a race change token and switch to human/elf, use human/elf gear.
    3. Create a new throw-away character, that's human/elf.
    The resistances on the armor you wear don't matter much for the bunny.  Likewise, the skills aren't too important either.  You can probably get away with using a swamp dragon pet for attacking the bunny, if you're working in a group.  Other 1 slot pets (boura) are also options.

There are plenty of suggested ideas in the bugs forum for fixing the gargoyle luck problem.  Just two examples:

1. Allow a mempo/collar of fortune to be converted to a necklace.  Vrulkrax could do this in Ter Mur.
    2. Add a new item that allows for a gargish earring slot item to be "combined" with a human earring slot item.  (that would allow combinations like luck 190 head peace to work with yukio earring, scholar halo to be worn with yukio by gargoyle, etc).

How did all these flaws make it out of beta testing..
    Ya why didn't they know when they made Samauri Empire and the original ToT that they would make gargoyles in Stygian Abyss 5 years later. Such idiots.
    edited April 2023
    A good number of posts/responses in these forums pose questions/remarks that are unlikely to be answered, or the answer doesn't even matter.  So why pollute the threads and reduce the chance of the issue being noticed / forward progress being made?

I'll point back to my reply above ultimately, that for bunnies, you are better off with the other options above.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 904
    Grimbeard said:
    I don't believe gargish amulets benefit at all from special material bonuses either when initially crafting Or enhancing.  - probably one of numerous bugs reported that have gone unaddressed.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    What if your favorite race got shafted would you just move on or say ok it's fine
    edited April 2023
    Nothing has changed, you choose based on what the race can do. Mine makes an excellent thrower and imbuer. I could make enough luck to get eggs on him if I chose to. They can rub a Luck Statue.  Is that the only slot you can't get over 100 luck on?

It has always been difficult to get a nice necklace for them.  Nothing changed.

Make great artisan festival users, no horse needed, they log off instantly.
    See it's ok for you to be happy  just like it's ok for me to feel gargoyles deserve better now that you've shared your thoughts you can just ignore the thread so we can continue the discussion 
  • GwenGwen Posts: 210
    edited April 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    Yoshi said:
    Correct the amulet is not i didn't check the tinker created necklace (not that gargoyles would need a runic tinker tool )
    Don't need tinker runics. All work with normal blacksmith ones.   
    150 is max from reforging. 
    But you can wear Lucky necklace , which is All-Race with 200 Luck. 
    https://www.uoguide.com/Lucky_Necklace

For weapon - you'd better reforge a pickaxe: this way all your characrers will be able to use it , no matter human or gargish.     Shield- use pirate shield for reforging : it is all-race too . Or orb (blacksmith, recipe from Krampush)  
    Gwen said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Yoshi said:
    Don't need tinker runics. All work with normal blacksmith ones.   
    150 is max from reforging. 
    But you can wear Lucky necklace , which is All-Race with 200 Luck. 
    https://www.uoguide.com/Lucky_Necklace

For weapon - you'd better reforge a pickaxe: this way all your characrers will be able to use it , no matter human or gargish.     Shield- use pirate shield for reforging : it is all-race too . Or orb (blacksmith, recipe from Krampush)  
    Yes lets use the zero resistance necklace to go with our zero resistance earrings