need help: UO store unavailable?

Hello everyone,

I want to migrate my characters to another shard. I did some reading and found that I need to purchase souvereigns from EA store (which I did) and use these to purchase a character transfer token from the Ultima store. However, when I try to access the Ultima store, I get the following message: "the promo code redemption system is currently unavailable".
I tried to access the store several times since last weekend or so. Am I missing something? Any advice?

Thnx for your help!

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,097
    You need to be in a safe logout area to use the store.

Your home, an INN.

Says it at the top.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,022
    I just bought token that said sometimes characters a & b can't open store but c can 
    A talking token, Interesting.

Punctuation is your friend.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,022
    Pawain said:
    A talking token, Interesting.

Punctuation is your friend.
    You just need mushrooms 
  • JalikJalik Posts: 6
    Pawain said:
    You need to be in a safe logout area to use the store.

Your home, an INN.

Says it at the top.

I am in an inn. Tried several actually. 
    edited April 2023
    Try other toons like Grimm attempted to write?

The tokens are not bound in any form.

If this were a game wide Issue we would hear from @Tyrath
     :D 
    The thing is, that I want a specific char to migrate  :#
  • OreoglOreogl Posts: 293
    Jalik said:
    The thing is, that I want a specific char to migrate  :#
    Redeem the code from the EA store under your account on the account website. Then you can buy your token.
    I managed to buy a token with another char. I found out, however, that a char with volunteer powers cannot be tranferred. The char in question used to be a Companion 20 years ago...
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    Pawain said:
    Try other toons like Grimm attempted to write?

The tokens are not bound in any form.

If this were a game wide Issue we would hear from @ Tyrath
     :D 

It actually is a game wide issue, LOL I have characters that have never been able to buy anything from the store because they have perpetually recently been in combat, even though they have never left the inn in New Haven after they were created.   Log out and in, go through a gate, suicide the character and rez and wait the time and still can't access the store. Unless it is acct bound purchase like Stable slots or a EJ cheater pack, I just use a different acct. If I have a wild hair to develop a trash house holder acct I just create a new character on the acct and pass whatever off to the character in that can't access the store. 

A long time ago I paged a GM and he/she fixed the malfunction on one character but generally I see that as a waste of a GMs time since the work around is easy.  I would imagine a GM could remove the volunteer problem from 20 years ago as well or pass the ticket up the line........ but then again my T Hunter on Siege is still semi in Minax Faction and immune to Ogre Lords even if Kryonix says it was fixed........... I can still stroll around Despise like I am the God of the Ogre Lords..... so the 20 year old volunteer problem might not be so easy to remove.