urgent need to adjust the rewards turn in from counterfeit eggs

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,050
    A lot of players thought the funnest time in these events was the Pile in Destard.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,999
    Pawain said:
    A lot of players thought the funnest time in these events was the Pile in Destard.
    Wouldn't the abyss be great place !
  • ValeriaValeria Posts: 97
    Yesssssss. Just jack up all the spawns x3 in the whole abyss for drops.  There's such a wide range of fame levels from first mobs to bosses and so many different types of creatures that any template could find an optimal spot to grind drops
    Valeria said:
    Yesssssss. Just jack up all the spawns x3 in the whole abyss for drops.  There's such a wide range of fame levels from first mobs to bosses and so many different types of creatures that any template could find an optimal spot to grind drops
    Aye and two champ spawns would make pvpers happy!! 
  • FortisFortis Posts: 410
    From my understanding the spellbook will be 400 eggs
  • TXEggplantTXEggplant Posts: 161
    creampie said:

If the bunny takes less than a minute to kill, this will be easy pickins on drops. I'm used to 10 - 12 drops per hour.
    If I can get a field alone, it will be 60+ drops per hour with crazy low prices for rewards.
    There is cooldown timer on the thorns of about 3 minutes
    Maith Ceol, Chesapeake
    Governor of Moonglow

Discord: txeggplant
    maithceol@gmail.com
  • FortisFortis Posts: 410
    edited April 2023
    creampie said:

If the bunny takes less than a minute to kill, this will be easy pickins on drops. I'm used to 10 - 12 drops per hour.
    If I can get a field alone, it will be 60+ drops per hour with crazy low prices for rewards.
    There is cooldown timer on the thorns of about 3 minutes
    Not really just bring a lot of ej account to use green thorn and you will have infinite bunnies...you kill them with your high luck account and you can achieve 300 per hour easy
  • OreoglOreogl Posts: 290
    This thread makes me laugh.

no one could have possibly seen this coming.  Lol
  • WhitewolfWhitewolf Posts: 187
    ahh the joys of being a Dev, no matter what ya do someone will whine and complain, i for one like it, they tryin to make it so cheaters aka multiboxers cant get rich off of this event, getting rich isnt what this event or UO is about but so many seem to think that it is.
    Whitewolf said:
    ahh the joys of being a Dev, no matter what ya do someone will whine and complain, i for one like it, they tryin to make it so cheaters aka multiboxers cant get rich off of this event, getting rich isnt what this event or UO is about but so many seem to think that it is.
    Yep, leave the turn in points alone.  On Monday I’m walking away with a dozen of everything.

niiiice
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    Omg help @Mesanna @Kyronix @Bleak @Misk i wont be able to profit well enough this event, pls adjust the rates.
    Fortis said:
    Only the OP thought the stuff would be the example prices.  They always have different prices on TC or just give free.  Kyronix never shows his hand.
    Pawain said:
    Fortis said:
    Only the OP thought the stuff would be the example prices.  They always have different prices on TC or just give free.  Kyronix never shows his hand.
    Example prices?  These are published on the front page.  What’d I miss here?

I could see them adjusting it but it’s definitely what he thinks they are.
    Oreogl said:
    Pawain said:
    Fortis said:

When they would show Prices on Test Center, the prices going live would be different.  Then they just gave you a token to get a bunch of items so we could test them.  I think once they modified a price when it went to Origin. The Wildfire Ostard maybe.

The deco items should be low IMO.  Especially if there are no new colors of Parrots, Butterflies or Hedges.  

Also all players do not have luck suits and will be getting very few eggs from the Fields or the Spawn.  

It's going to be tough to make the prices fair, glad I just get to sit back and watch.
    Pawain said:
    Oreogl said:
    Pawain said:
    Fortis said:

When they would show Prices on Test Center, the prices going live would be different.  Then they just gave you a token to get a bunch of items so we could test them.  I think once they modified a price when it went to Origin. The Wildfire Ostard maybe.

The deco items should be low IMO.  Especially if there are no new colors of Parrots, Butterflies or Hedges.  

Also all players do not have luck suits and will be getting very few eggs from the Fields or the Spawn.  

It's going to be tough to make the prices fair, glad I just get to sit back and watch.
    Ah yeah if they were on test thats right.  This time they skipped it.  But I’m picking up what you’re throwing down.

Might as well leave the turn in points low.   There’s just going to be a lot of these items floating around.  
  • firecfirec Posts: 16
    So... I'm a returning player, and I would like to do this event. I just don't understand how people are getting 200 eggs an hour. I did the Ilsh spawn for about 2 hours (I usually only get about 45 minutes to an hour to play a day) and ended up with a single egg.

Is there something I am missing? Or a better location I should be doing this?
    firec said:
    So... I'm a returning player, and I would like to do this event. I just don't understand how people are getting 200 eggs an hour. I did the Ilsh spawn for about 2 hours (I usually only get about 45 minutes to an hour to play a day) and ended up with a single egg.

Use green Thorns in a field to spawn special vorpal bunnies that drop eggs you need luck lots of luck 
    firec said:

Yup I did the spawn from 11am to Midnight yesterday, we finished the spawn and Boss was dead in 8 min or less.  Got a lot of boots but not many eggs.  That's why I moved to Thorns today.

Follow this advice tomorrow in your 45 mins with Luck from statue and suit. You will be happy.

https://forum.uo.com/discussion/12219/plant-thorns-with-friends-get-more-eggs
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 896

Pawain said:
       I'd say destard would be 2nd best (becoming just as bad as the rest after the 'pile' was nerfed), right after the wildfire event, because the wildfire event was active in fel and I spent nearly 100% of my playtime there, as did most pvpers and even some pvmers.

Though, wildfire did indeed induce some 'burn-out' so that is also adding to the negativity towards the other events since they were essentially the same damn thing but in no-fun-only zones.

Destard was good because it was not active in fel and getting max point turn-ins in just a matter of minutes was warranted for such a boring event.

I'd agree with the OP regarding this event, except everything we're able to get is something most of us already have... if nothing new is added to the list before it goes live, I'm for the eggs drop-rate remaining the same, maybe even increasing the eggs drop-rate from the champ spawn... 10 eggs/spawn with (i assume) a chance at an additional one from the boss.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • RockoRocko Posts: 174
    I put a green thorn in the ground.  Sometimes I get an egg, sometimes I don't. Seems ok to me.
  • creampie said:

My Bard/Tamer running Inspire with 5 Wolf Spiders can drop the Vorpal Rabbit within 5-10 secs solo...

• Ive done like a whole MONTH non stop and have fifteen eggs, so drop rates not that good.

Are there new colored rabbits?

Wheres the egg turn in guy?

Is it just the new ilshenar spawn and Green thorns for already existing rewards?

it is like stale hot cross buns, Happy Birthday Jebus

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,974Moderator
    edited April 2023
    Ive done like a whole MONTH non stop and have fifteen eggs, so drop rates not that good.

Is it just the new ilshenar spawn and Green thorns for already existing rewards?

How have you done a whole month when the event is only just into its second day?
    The turn in NPC, as mentioned in the announcement on the uo.com front page, will appear on Monday, 3rd April.
    @ other posters
    As to the prices, we may be jumping to conclussions here. In the last event the exchange item wasn't the eggs, but the ingots that we used the eggs to purchase. Perhaps wait for the full facts before getting in a lather about your potential profit margin?
  • RockoRocko Posts: 174
    Ive done like a whole MONTH non stop and have fifteen eggs, so drop rates not that good.

Oh yeah?  1 month?
  • usernameusername Posts: 696
    edited April 2023
    creampie said:
    tthe drogueni spellbook you had to fight in ice dungeon for like 100 or more drops to get the spellbook. it was very hard at that time no store potion was available no champ spawn to help. so it was needed devotion to get it. now you can get it for like 30-40 green thorn at 10k each...will be done in like 30 minutes.....and the eggs aren t shardbound so you can transfer from everywhere... @ Kyronix
    @Kyronix please consider this regarding the rewards, specifically the Drogeni Spellbook. It was the top tier reward from the 'Tears of the Ice Dragon' and took a very long time to obtain @ 100 points as this player has stated. While I have no problem with the high end rewards (spellbooks in this instance) being repeated, they should be available only from a ToT style point system.

I suggest removing these rewards:
    1. Spellbook
    2. Quiver/Wing
    3. Talisman
    And adding these rewards:
    1. Artio's Vine Wrap (shard bound)
    2. Mark of the Destroyer (shard bound)
    3. First Aid Belt (shard bound)
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
    username said:
    creampie said:
    tthe drogueni spellbook you had to fight in ice dungeon for like 100 or more drops to get the spellbook. it was very hard at that time no store potion was available no champ spawn to help. so it was needed devotion to get it. now you can get it for like 30-40 green thorn at 10k each...will be done in like 30 minutes.....and the eggs aren t shardbound so you can transfer from everywhere... @ Kyronix
    @ Kyronix please consider this regarding the rewards, specifically the Drogeni Spellbook. It was the top tier reward from the 'Tears of the Ice Dragon' and took a very long time to obtain @ 100 points as this player has stated. While I have no problem with the high end rewards (spellbooks in this instance) being repeated, they should be available only from a ToT style point system.

I suggest removing these rewards:
    1. Spellbook
    2. Quiver/Wing
    3. Talisman
    And adding these rewards:
    1. Artio's Vine Wrap (shard bound)
    2. Mark of the Destroyer (shard bound)
    3. First Aid Belt (shard bound)

Ah no, we’ve crossed that bridge.  We are on this ride together.  Lol

Leave everything as is.  
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 773
    edited April 2023
    creampie said:
    the eggs are popping like popcorn, it s super easy to get hundreds per hour. the fun gact is the reward cost way less than previous turn in dungeon. exemple for the drogueni spellbook you had to fight in ice dungeon for like 100 or more drops to get the spellbook. it was very hard at that time no store potion was available no champ spawn to help. so it was needed devotion to get it. now you can get it for like 30-40 green thorn at 10k each...will be done in like 30 minutes.....and the eggs aren t shardbound so you can transfer from everywhere... @ Kyronix
    Can you please not eggsagerate with the "easy to get hundreds per hour" then start asking for nurfs that will affect players who only run one character at a time? If you're sour grapes over players who are set up with multiple monitors and are proficient at running multiple characters then become one of them.

I run one character, using a bow and it took me an hour to get 13 eggs. I would have gotten more if the eggs on bunny bodies hadn't dried up. Not a single egg on the corpse in the whole hour+. Either the RNG hates me this morning compared to all day yesterday. Or it's been toned down.
  • ValeriaValeria Posts: 97
    Well I hope you leave them as they are, and priced in eggs at rates implied, and shard bound... The Vesper Beach Collective will have pairs of lucky earrings or quivers, as much as I can possibly hoard, for as many new players on Legends who still need a pair after this event ends.  There's plenty of loot still exclusive to the uber-rich and those who grinded out old events.  All the gear from events should eventually be made more readily available after its period of exclusivity.  If you want things that only a few can have, collect your rares and event items to display in your home or save to sell later for plats and plats to count in your bank.

Sorry, not sorry  :p

(hahaha, bring on the rage!!!)
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,151
    CovenantX said:

Pawain said:
       I'd say destard would be 2nd best (becoming just as bad as the rest after the 'pile' was nerfed), right after the wildfire event, because the wildfire event was active in fel and I spent nearly 100% of my playtime there, as did most pvpers and even some pvmers.

Though, wildfire did indeed induce some 'burn-out' so that is also adding to the negativity towards the other events since they were essentially the same damn thing but in no-fun-only zones.

Destard was good because it was not active in fel and getting max point turn-ins in just a matter of minutes was warranted for such a boring event.

I'd agree with the OP regarding this event, except everything we're able to get is something most of us already have... if nothing new is added to the list before it goes live, I'm for the eggs drop-rate remaining the same, maybe even increasing the eggs drop-rate from the champ spawn... 10 eggs/spawn with (i assume) a chance at an additional one from the boss.
    I agree with all of this. I like their idea of switching it up to thorns to make it a little different (although the rest of it is just the same as last year) so it's something I might do a couple times a week but since there isn't anything new (at least that is shown), I have no desire to grind for this event. I think the prices should be left alone and let people who missed the previous events catch up... but I also think that the luck mask should have been added to the rewards list (100-150 eggs seems right).
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited April 2023
    Dear OP,

The drop rate is fine because the rewards are shard-bound, which means it must be easier to get so that the shard has sufficient stocks to maintain for its population. So that the items doesn't become "rare" and overpriced. 

If you want to reduce the drop rate, then the rewards MUST be NON-Shard bound. 

Period.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
This discussion has been closed.