Road map for 1st quarter of next year?

Something anything? 

Comments

  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,262
    Working on NL. If not complete in 3 or so months, a dynamic spawn and dungeon event. Kinda like it has been for 5 years.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,452
    High seas event with new sea creatures and pirate loot 

    or add the new died fish art to the skeletons  :D
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,240
    Do they need a Q1 road map when nothing is planned to be released?

    I honestly can't remember the last time there was an event of any kind Jan/Feb or first half of March. I think the black market arc (5ish years ago?) might have been the last time we had anything before the last week of March. Q1 will probably be full focus on NL but even then, based on the frequency of their NL updates up to this point, I wouldn't get my hopes up on an update.  
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,122
    keven2002 said:
    Do they need a Q1 road map when nothing is planned to be released?

    I honestly can't remember the last time there was an event of any kind Jan/Feb or first half of March. I think the black market arc (5ish years ago?) might have been the last time we had anything before the last week of March. Q1 will probably be full focus on NL but even then, based on the frequency of their NL updates up to this point, I wouldn't get my hopes up on an update.  

    People really still believe in NL?
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    I recall several years ago they gave us a full year roadmap (a lot of it had to do with pirating and such) and it was great. They made images to go with it too. It gave me a really positive feeling about the game for a whole year. 

    It really goes a long way when people aren’t kept in the dark with what is going on. We barely ever hear from the team about what the future holds now which results in a lot of speculation (which often leads to negative bickering amongst players) and even turns into a negative view of the team and the game in general. It doesn’t have to be this way. I mean, bringing back the monthly newsletters would be a step in the right direction, in my opinion. 


  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,240
    dvvid said:
    I recall several years ago they gave us a full year roadmap (a lot of it had to do with pirating and such) and it was great. They made images to go with it too. It gave me a really positive feeling about the game for a whole year. 

    It really goes a long way when people aren’t kept in the dark with what is going on. We barely ever hear from the team about what the future holds now which results in a lot of speculation (which often leads to negative bickering amongst players) and even turns into a negative view of the team and the game in general. It doesn’t have to be this way. I mean, bringing back the monthly newsletters would be a step in the right direction, in my opinion. 


    Yea I really enjoyed that road map of the pirating stuff so we kinda knew when new stuff was coming out. We've gone the total opposite direction since then with less and less details on what to expect...and to your point we don't even get a monthly newsletter anymore. Very unfortunate. 
  • dvvid said:
    I recall several years ago they gave us a full year roadmap (a lot of it had to do with pirating and such) and it was great. They made images to go with it too. It gave me a really positive feeling about the game for a whole year. 

    It really goes a long way when people aren’t kept in the dark with what is going on. We barely ever hear from the team about what the future holds now which results in a lot of speculation (which often leads to negative bickering amongst players) and even turns into a negative view of the team and the game in general. It doesn’t have to be this way. I mean, bringing back the monthly newsletters would be a step in the right direction, in my opinion. 


    This  is spot on.
  • I just want them to finish New Legacy. It looks very promising and could breathe some fresh air into the community. Excited to see what they do with it, but skeptic at the same time.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    We are in need of an update of NLS status and events for 2023. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited December 2022
    I really really hope they will announce that they have decided at last to stop wasting BS limited resources on New Lunacy.
  • DragoDrago Posts: 297
    Grimbeard said:
    Something anything? 

    lol.  game on autopilot.  if servers take a dump, they're down permanently
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “January: no bugs fixed
    February: no bugs fixed
    March: more bugs introduced”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,332
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited December 2022
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,122
    It just takes so little effort for any of the developers to drop a comment..
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited December 2022
    Yup, it takes zero effort, they already implied "nothing" is planned at this time  :D
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,705
    *wonders if maybe the website being down... means that they might be adding to the wiki*
  • *wonders if maybe the website being down... means that they might be adding to the wiki*

    You don't have to take down a website to add to make changes.
  • psychopsycho Posts: 297
    Just incase devs forgot how a map could look like.

    Deeper in, its not just about a heads up of what i comming, but its also about having faith in the game and the future. On the marketing side its a great display to attract players.
    Now, we dont need that many events, espesially of the temporarily sort like dynamic events/champ spawn, but also permanent stuff can be added to the roadmap ahead. On a sidenote, why dont we see the EM events listed like this? Its a great display and adds story to it (might be a problem due to each shard has its own unique event-arch though)

    Long story short: We need a roadmap, and more interaction/marketting. (I mean, is New Legacy comming in early 2023? its a shame if it is, cause theres no marketting at all, what happend to the youtube sessions? other types of marketing such as social media for NL.

    Give us faith, and lets all play UO for the next 20 years.






  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,122
    psycho said:
    Just incase devs forgot how a map could look like.

    Deeper in, its not just about a heads up of what i comming, but its also about having faith in the game and the future. On the marketing side its a great display to attract players.
    Now, we dont need that many events, espesially of the temporarily sort like dynamic events/champ spawn, but also permanent stuff can be added to the roadmap ahead. On a sidenote, why dont we see the EM events listed like this? Its a great display and adds story to it (might be a problem due to each shard has its own unique event-arch though)

    Long story short: We need a roadmap, and more interaction/marketting. (I mean, is New Legacy comming in early 2023? its a shame if it is, cause theres no marketting at all, what happend to the youtube sessions? other types of marketing such as social media for NL.

    Give us faith, and lets all play UO for the next 20 years.






    This so much this...
  • usernameusername Posts: 741
    You all know exactly what the roadmap for the entirety of 2023 is:
    ToT Easter->End of Summer
    ToT Oct-> End of Year
    Boring, lazy, status quo.
    Devs ignore UO in favor of full time New Game development which is an inevitable flop.
    No new content (again).
    More players quit.
    This discussion has been closed.

    I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • OreoglOreogl Posts: 310
    username said:
    You all know exactly what the roadmap for the entirety of 2023 is:
    ToT Easter->End of Summer
    ToT Oct-> End of Year
    Boring, lazy, status quo.
    Devs ignore UO in favor of full time New Game development which is an inevitable flop.
    No new content (again).
    More players quit.
    What is the new game?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,262
    edited January 2023
    Oreogl said:
    username said:
    You all know exactly what the roadmap for the entirety of 2023 is:
    ToT Easter->End of Summer
    ToT Oct-> End of Year
    Boring, lazy, status quo.
    Devs ignore UO in favor of full time New Game development which is an inevitable flop.
    No new content (again).
    More players quit.
    What is the new game?
    New legacy.  Like I stated in the first reply to this thread.

    Dates may not be accurate but this is what we will have until NL is out.  AKA the Biggest and Boldest, introduced 6 years ago.

    The reason we got the Last extensive road map that was shown above (Rising Tide) is because that part of UO was already created and they told us at the 20th Anniversary that they will work on New Legacy until it is complete.

    It is not complete so there is no reason to tell us it is not complete because we all know that.

    They also created the Dynamic Dungeons, Spawns, and Quests to have easy to add things until NL is complete. They can also pass pictures of those off as roadmaps for the simpleminded as they also did above. (Black Gate)

    The Devs have chosen to work on NL without internet distractions or coming here to waste their time telling us it is not complete yet.

    You can get all the info given about NL here:

    https://www.uo-cah.com/new-legacy/everything-we-know
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    Road map for the 1st quarter of next year? That's funny! This group of stooges can't even figure out what they are going to do next WEEK, much less 3-4 months from now. They are more concerned keeping the RMT people in the game than doing their jobs! 
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,240
    The likely reason we won't see any road map is because the Dev team has had a hard time hitting delivery dates the last couple years (most notably for NL). I think it goes without saying that when delivery dates are published and those dates are missed it makes them look bad so their solution to that is withholding the information and release stuff as they finish it. IIRC those published event dates for Black Gate / Forest of Dark / etc were even a little messy with the events starting like 2 or 3 weeks into the month and there was one event I remember had a start of like "April" that was started on like the second to last day of the month.

    I do think that until NL is finished we will just get the same cookie cutter dynamic events which would be acceptable to me if we could get at least 3 chains a year (would include all 3 dynamic quest/champ spawn/treasures). I'd even settle for 2 dynamic chains a year with some older town invasion type events sprinkled in (it was a shame that we only got 1 dynamic champ spawn in 2022). Unfortunately it seems like we started seeing less "new" content with just super extended timelines of planned content (ie "Spring" Fever went into the first week of July and Halloween ToT went until a couple days ago) because it's less road mapping needed.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited January 2023
    “Well they definitely aren’t playing the game.

    Or I would love to know how they are dealing with being nerve striked 50 times a day without a debuff playing against players who do not suffer such bugs. They must just all be brilliant at gaming to play with all the bug handicaps that only apply to broadsword clients.

    they should post some vids so we can learn how to tell when we’re nerve striked and not stam blocked”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,262
    Yoshi said:
    “Well they definitely aren’t playing the game.

    Or I would love to know how they are dealing with being nerve striked 50 times a day without a debuff playing against players who do not suffer such bugs. They must just all be brilliant at gaming to play with all the bug handicaps that only apply to broadsword clients.

    they should post some vids so we can learn how to tell when we’re nerve striked and not stam blocked”
    99% of UO players have no idea about what you are talking about.  So not a priority.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited January 2023
    "lol i don't think 99% of players are using third party client, that is over estimation

    unless bokutos are not available on the shard you play on...

    i mean that's funny considering go to luna at any given time and see any 3 or more people holding boks, but nah 99% of people never use nerve strike,,,


    "
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,262
    edited January 2023
    No, 99% of UO players do not play at Yew gate in fel...

    No I stand there often looking at pets. Not a common sight.  2 are there afk now still.  I doubt they are nerve striking anyone atm.  10 more there with other things in hand, should we speculate on them also?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
Sign In or Register to comment.