Suggestion: Stackable Blank Runes

If I could ask for one thing in this game... it's this - I'm certain it can't be that difficult to add, but if only blank runes could be stackable, it would save me so much time and patience, as I make and copy marked runebooks and atlases on a very regular basis.
  1. Would you give your left foot for stackable blank runes?14 votes
    1. Take both feet!!
      92.86%
    2. No
        7.14%

Comments

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    edited May 2018
    If you'll change the poll question to a simple "Would you like to see blank runes stackable?" then I'll vote. You won't get as many No votes that way.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • Dot_WarnerDot_Warner Posts: 233
    According to Kyronix, blank runes cannot be made stackable because they come pre-loaded with hidden location data: the shop from which they were bought.

While I have no reason to disbelieve him, I find this an odd choice by the original dev team, especially considering server space (apparently needed to store gigs of useless data!) was at a premium in '97. Why would these items store the location where they were purchased? What conceivable use is there for such a seemingly pointless metric?

This reminds me of the crazy reason why refinements cannot stack: they each have a "hidden script" that varies even between refinements of the (outwardly) exact same type. :s
  • SlissSliss Posts: 283
    According to Kyronix, blank runes cannot be made stackable because they come pre-loaded with hidden location data: the shop from which they were bought.

While I have no reason to disbelieve him, I find this an odd choice by the original dev team, especially considering server space (apparently needed to store gigs of useless data!) was at a premium in '97. Why would these items store the location where they were purchased? What conceivable use is there for such a seemingly pointless metric?

This reminds me of the crazy reason why refinements cannot stack: they each have a "hidden script" that varies even between refinements of the (outwardly) exact same type. :s
    I am guessing it's just programmatic laziness. Marked and unmarked runes have exactly the same code, down to a variable for location data.
  • InLorInLor Posts: 411

Nothing about this makes it impossible to make them stackable. It's just a bit of extra work for the programmer.
    A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.
  • SlayviteSlayvite Posts: 113
    Make a new item, a Rune Block (20 charge),
    like the foods and such, you double click it and a blank rune appears in your pack. Then atleaste you're not carring loads around untill you want them. ;)
  • FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
    It would be nice for them to be stackable. My current way of dealing with it is that I just mark a whole bunch in my house and throw them in an empty runebook. Remove and remark as needed. 
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    I voted yes (tho I really would not sacrifice one let alone two feet!), but I would like to reluctantly point out that even simple changes to old OLD code has a tendency to be... problematic. I think it would be easier (and less risky) to create a new kind of rune, with a new code, and heck even a new runebook to put them in if needed. It would be redundant, but probably a lot more likely to make this wish a reality.
  • DizzyDizzy Posts: 78
    Or if your runic atlas has available charges, add a "create rune" button.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,800
    Dizzy said:

Would you charge it mark scrolls instead of recall scrolls or charge it with blank rune stones?

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,115
    Dizzy said:

Ok, along those lines. Have the runes scattered in your pack.  The book has a new option for blank spots that is called Mark Rune.  The rune is marked and goes into the book if you have one in your pack.  I would like and mark more if that were an option.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.