Spell Book Properties

If I have a slayer spellbook will that effect my casting damage or just my melee damage?

Comments

• SlayviteSlayvite Posts: 113
    You have to be holding the slayer book, then it effects your casting damage. Just like a slayer weapon for melee.
  • DanDan Posts: 59
    Cool, thanks
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited June 2018
    Slayer spellbooks work for all magery and mysticism spells except earthquake (and fire field)
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

why?
    edited June 2018
    Fire field, it’s difficult because the check is done at the time of casting and would really complicate things if the caster swapped spellbooks while it was active.

Earthquake also works different to other spells, it does one third the hit points in damage so 3 times one third, I’ll let you do the math and work out why it would be silly. 

they would be too overpowered to work with necro and weaving, triple damage on word of death would be savage, as would triple damage on wither. 

There is a case to say these two spells should be exempt and slayer should still work for them, but I don’t write the rules, just document them and defend upholding them.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    And unless things have changed, they wont make summons stronger
    NOt really sure how they work with Talismans either....i know the "killer" ones stack but not sure about the Slayer Talismans.
    Maybe somebody more knowledgeable could let us know?
    Talismans affect only kinetic damage (and I think hit spell effects on weaps but will need to double check) 

hit spell effects on weapons are not affected by slayer damage

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,805

I wish slayer talismans would work with mage spells.  I have a vermin slayer talisman but it is useless for my pure mage.