«1

Comments

  • dvviddvvid Posts: 781
    Unfortunate NL got pushed into next year, but nice to know they are still working on it.  I hope whatever personal issues were going on are resolved.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,741
     <3 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • SkettSkett Posts: 574
    Sneak peek of NL would be cool 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,956
    I like all the new art. I guess the Llama, buck, and bear are the holiday gifts. Those will fit well in my house in the snow. @McDougle the ship you want is on a pumpkin. 

    The 2 new huntsmaster trophies are nice.

    Thanks
  • KazKaz Posts: 105
    Its good to hear from them.   Hopefully all the team is okay, sounds like someone(s) hit a rough patch.  I wish them all the better days ahead!

    would have love to hear of a new event arc, but given the messaging in the newsletter, the devs obviously cant commit resources to new.  
    Maybe consider turning on something old?
    ToT or Invasions would be awesome!
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 626
    Yay! I'm excited to receive the latest newsletter and see NL is still in the works! 

    I hope all the devs are well and the rough seas have calmed.

    Thanks for the news!
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 1,566
    edited September 20
    Glad we finally got something but I'm in camp disappointment over here. 

    The first newsletter in about 6 months and the result is some very vague details about the holiday events (Halloween/Xmas) & a Huntsman reward (looks like a polar bear deco) and 2 pics of banners from NL. The only real details are on the 2 hour event THIS Saturday (which I cannot attend). 

    There was nothing about actual new content for the rest of the year which really is the biggest disappointment. In fact, it's really hard to even know what exactly they've been working on since May (when they made their final "fix" on Destard) and there was nothing really in the newsletter to help me understand that. 
  • gaygay Posts: 212
    I can honestly say that after such a long time waiting, I've never felt more uninformed about something after reading what is supposed to be an informative community update letter.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 1,338
    Those personal matters were prob. family matters that take priority over everything.  The DEVs are not your personal robots.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 574
    I hope this year we get the holiday gifts as tokens that give new boxes with a new rare 
  • I am thankful for the update and I hope the suffering with personal issues eases. <3
  • I didn't see anything about another treasure event. Was hoping maybe they would squeeze another in yet!
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 400Moderator
    Some posts that fail to conform to the terms of service have been removed. Please post with courtesy and respect in mind. Thank you.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 924
    Rorschach said:
    Please post with courtesy and respect in mind.
    That's a foreign concept to a lot of people...

    Back on topic, this is a major milestone UOs 25th and they've got personal stuff going on to deal with us.

    What better way to celebrate 25 than turn on every event ever at the same time? That'll surely keep the antsy pants busy and keep everyone calm until NL is ready. 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 1,566
    gay said:
    I can honestly say that after such a long time waiting, I've never felt more uninformed about something after reading what is supposed to be an informative community update letter.
    100% agree.

    I didn't see anything about another treasure event. Was hoping maybe they would squeeze another in yet!

    Noticeably missing was any word on if there will be another dynamic event this year (I doubt there will be a 25th event arc at this point) which I think is needed. We got 2 events last year and this year should be no different given that we aren't getting NL, right (they did create a tool to make this easier didn't they?)?

    This time last year, we were 2 weeks away from our second dynamic event of the year.  :'(
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,741
    Throw us some town invasions but instead of spellbook books any mob has chance to drop random past TOT drop..heck invade all the towns at once  ;)
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 931
    edited September 20
    Yes, do the invasion event again but randomize the spellbook drops so they don’t all go in the first five to ten minutes of the event.  And, let mages use their summons spells in town this time.
  • HippoHippo Posts: 192
    Wonder if there will be a "rare" in the Christmas gifts - my guess would be a different hued reindeer...
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,956
    edited September 20
    Please no more recycled stuff!

    Asking for ToT is why we have dynamic dungeons that yall complain about once they begin.

    Making Shame the Dungeon and putting a spawn in Santuary would be challenging.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,746
    edited September 21
    I would rank Deceit and Hythloth as the two best tot in the past years. Won't mind if they reactivate it with all the rewards for choosing including Yukio. 

    I need to get some shard bound items on other shards that I may play.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,741
    Seth said:
    I would rank Deceit and Hythloth as the two best tot in the past years. Won't mind if they reactivate it with all the rewards for choosing including Yukio. 

    I need to get some shard bound items on other shards that I may play.
    One dungeon for each missing month seems fair 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Thank you for posting the link, despite being signed up, I never receive them.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 574
    Thank you for posting the link, despite being signed up, I never receive them.
     ;) 
  • gaygay Posts: 212
    edited September 21
    Urge said:
    Rorschach said:
    Please post with courtesy and respect in mind.
    That's a foreign concept to a lot of people...

    Back on topic, this is a major milestone UOs 25th and they've got personal stuff going on to deal with us.

    What better way to celebrate 25 than turn on every event ever at the same time? That'll surely keep the antsy pants busy and keep everyone calm until NL is ready. 

    It'd be a fun I'm sure for all the events to be turned on at once. Except for a couple "minor" issues.

    1. Mesanna has to manually setup the npc and deco for each and every dungeon event. You'd think that by now they would have dedicated a weekend night to hashing out a server season toggle to simply turn on/off these events. Event on: NPC accessible. Event off: NPC inaccessible.
    2. The subservers that the events take place on completely s#!t themselves... Every. Single. Time. All felucca and trammel dungeons are on the same subserver for their respective facet.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,741
    Ok compromise is good. restore either despise or blackthorns and open on both facets with all past rewards including pumpkin cannon and rowboat...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 931
    Long as we are talking about fighting events let’s even out the drop rate.  Get so tired about hearing about some players getting 130 drops an hour while others are getting around 5.  Have to wonder really how many posters really exaggerate.  But events should not just be about how many drops you get.  A drop should provide a feeling of accomplishment.  Get so tired of reading so many posts consisting of complaints about the drop rate.  And, maybe give some hints on whatever it is that counts towards a drop.  Sometimes enjoy reading the speculation about what it takes to get one but not one post after another.  Honestly think a max of 20 or so an hour is more than enough for the enjoyment of the game.
    l
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,523
    Hippo said:
    Wonder if there will be a "rare" in the Christmas gifts - my guess would be a different hued reindeer...
    i was thinking the ribbon would be diffferent hues.
    I can't wait to decorate with them.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,277
    Arnold7 said:
    Long as we are talking about fighting events let’s even out the drop rate.  Get so tired about hearing about some players getting 130 drops an hour while others are getting around 5.  Have to wonder really how many posters really exaggerate.  But events should not just be about how many drops you get.  A drop should provide a feeling of accomplishment.  Get so tired of reading so many posts consisting of complaints about the drop rate.  And, maybe give some hints on whatever it is that counts towards a drop.  Sometimes enjoy reading the speculation about what it takes to get one but not one post after another.  Honestly think a max of 20 or so an hour is more than enough for the enjoyment of the game.
    l
    Get so tired about hearing about some players getting 130 drops an hour while others are getting around 5.  Have to wonder really how many posters really exaggerate.

     Considering that, as we know, the drops fall in a character's backpack, I imagine that the Developers can very well "see as an actual fact, not just a rumor", how many drops a character gets in a given time, and the why (they can see the skills of that character as well as all the gears and weapons they are using), then, they could also introduce adjustments so that the drops' rate would be more evenly split among players using different templates for their hunt....

    I think it would be worth spending some resources on because, as you said, I am also tired of hearing such a disparity among players whereas some get 130, and others get only 5 per hour....
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 601
    edited September 21
    popps said:
    Arnold7 said:
    Long as we are talking about fighting events let’s even out the drop rate.  Get so tired about hearing about some players getting 130 drops an hour while others are getting around 5.  Have to wonder really how many posters really exaggerate.  But events should not just be about how many drops you get.  A drop should provide a feeling of accomplishment.  Get so tired of reading so many posts consisting of complaints about the drop rate.  And, maybe give some hints on whatever it is that counts towards a drop.  Sometimes enjoy reading the speculation about what it takes to get one but not one post after another.  Honestly think a max of 20 or so an hour is more than enough for the enjoyment of the game.
    l
    Get so tired about hearing about some players getting 130 drops an hour while others are getting around 5.  Have to wonder really how many posters really exaggerate.

     Considering that, as we know, the drops fall in a character's backpack, I imagine that the Developers can very well "see as an actual fact, not just a rumor", how many drops a character gets in a given time, and the why (they can see the skills of that character as well as all the gears and weapons they are using), then, they could also introduce adjustments so that the drops' rate would be more evenly split among players using different templates for their hunt....

    I think it would be worth spending some resources on because, as you said, I am also tired of hearing such a disparity among players whereas some get 130, and others get only 5 per hour....
    So, a Samp that can cut through spawn at a seriously high rate should be nerfed so a thief can get more drops from chests? or a tamer that just cannot kills as much.  

    Samp are Sam's for a reason and thats high kill rates. Not that anyone listens to you, but IF Sam's were nerved to please people like you that you would see even MORE player leaving this game 

    bravo, great idea

    want more drops. KILL MORE THINGS.  

    By your logic you would expect a drop per chest for your thief? how many chests an hour would you have to loot to get drops rates of about 20/30 which is the norm for Samps?

    its not rocket science 

    not that they do, but just how many things do you think a player would have to kill to get over 100 drops an hour, oh you forget the potion which you refuse to buy in the store of course.

    How many things do YOU kill in an hour roughly?  THIS is where your problem is Popps, NOT what others are getting

    so how about YOU up YOUR game and improve YOUR chances of drops and not worry about what others might be getting

    Once again you want to destroy other players game enjoyment to satisfy YOUR selfish inadequacies

    And NO, you cannot use a thief in a treasures of dungeon. 


  • UrgeUrge Posts: 924
    JackFlashUk said:

    so how about YOU up YOUR game and improve YOUR chances of drops and not worry about what others might be getting

    Once again you want to destroy other players game enjoyment to satisfy YOUR selfish inadequacies


    You both have valid points.

    If you peeked at Destard on ATL you would have seen archers gone wild using auto attack to slay everything on screen before legal clients could target. 

    For Destard, inadequate meant trying to play legal. 

Sign In or Register to comment.