Average wait for an in game GM.

Anyone know the average wait for an in game GM? Going over an hour right now and trying to figure out when I should give up.

Thanks!

Comments

• RockRock Posts: 567
    The one time I put in a request, I didn't get a reply until a couple days later.  I was on a different character.  But he did solve the problem.
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)
  • DoytchDoytch Posts: 16
    Rock said:
    The one time I put in a request, I didn't get a reply until a couple days later.  I was on a different character.  But he did solve the problem.
    That's disappointing. A month back and already I'm feeling like I made the wrong decision. Thanks for sharing your experience, much appreciated. 
  • North_LSNorth_LS Posts: 99
    sometimes several days, other times a few minutes. seems very hit or miss. whats going on that you need a gm?
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    Doytch said:
    Anyone know the average wait for an in game GM? Going over an hour right now and trying to figure out when I should give up.

Thanks!
    Depends whether its a low hanging fruit or not.

Sometimes they appear within an hour, sometimes not even in days. Just flip a coin..
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    What is your problem, maybe some one here can help.
  • GandalfGandalf Posts: 115
    GM answer is worst than RNG, nothing serious, the queue delay is just a joke. 
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204

They have been known to just send an email and not let you know in game.

It was in regards to not being bale to redeem sovereigns for 5 days. I sent an additional email after waiting for some hours and they just put the item I was trying to purchase in my pack. While I appreciate that, I shouldn't have to do this. The game GM request says a few minutes, not a few hours and it doesn't really indicate appropriately that your ticket is still in queue.  I understand things happen but realistically, this game has how many subscribers? It should not take that long to get to folks IMO. Thanks for the comments guys!
  • HonkwompHonkwomp Posts: 44
    Okay I know this one!  Happened to me!  If you pay with a credit card, it can take several days as they have to some stuff in the background.   But, if you pay with pay pal, the transfer is instantaneous and you will be able to redeem them immediately.    I am well aware of the difference in timing as I have experienced this myself  check this post I made when I first came back
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/814/upgrade-and-token-delivery-time#latest

Honkwomp said:
    Okay I know this one!  Happened to me!  If you pay with a credit card, it can take several days as they have to some stuff in the background.   But, if you pay with pay pal, the transfer is instantaneous and you will be able to redeem them immediately.    I am well aware of the difference in timing as I have experienced this myself  check this post I made when I first came back

It was with paypal and its the third time I purchased sovereigns this month so that wasn't it. They couldn't tell me what the problem was. They just took the sovereigns and placed the token in my pack as a fix.
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    Doytch said:
    It was in regards to not being bale to redeem sovereigns for 5 days. I sent an additional email after waiting for some hours and they just put the item I was trying to purchase in my pack. While I appreciate that, I shouldn't have to do this. The game GM request says a few minutes, not a few hours and it doesn't really indicate appropriately that your ticket is still in queue.  I understand things happen but realistically, this game has how many subscribers? It should not take that long to get to folks IMO. Thanks for the comments guys!
    There is the official way.. and there is the Mesanna way.

Everything meaningful these days goes over private channels as email, discord, etc.

The official channels (forum, meet and greet, GM request) are rather pointless except for some warm feelings or a dyed item.

For anything more professional, you got to find another game ;)

Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
    Honkwomp said:

Do you maybe think that it could have something to do with the upgrade EA was doing with account management and all the problems people were having last week?
    Bilbo said:
    Honkwomp said:

Do you maybe think that it could have something to do with the upgrade EA was doing with account management and all the problems people were having last week?
    I was wondering that myself but figured I would see other posts with issues. Nothing came up here or on stratics or with any guildies so not sure. I just feel like they should be super responsive to the remaining subscribers. I came back last month and have already been charged twice for regular fees and have spent now $60 on transfer tokens. So I have spent about $100 bucks almost in a month. Make me want to stay, make me feel like I matter. It was not until I emailed them and mentioned I am starting to feel like I was robbed did I get an appropriate and timely response. It should not be that way.
    People were screaming about trying to just get into the game here and on stratics while EA got ready for the new and improved account system.
  • SlayviteSlayvite Posts: 113
    My experiance is all the GM's work on US time also, so no point asking for a GM on like Europa at 9am GMT....it's middle of night for them and they are all tucked up in bed.
    Slayvite said:
    My experiance is all the GM's work on US time also, so no point asking for a GM on like Europa at 9am GMT....it's middle of night for them and they are all tucked up in bed.
    Yeah I agree but this time I paged at 10am on a weekday EST. Apparently that's a bad time for them also. lol
  • North_LSNorth_LS Posts: 99
    i saw quite a few complaints about the in game store not working properly during the account system updates / migration, so it probably was related to that. I'd imagine the influx of pages from people experiencing the same probably contributed to your extra-long wait time.