Multi box farming at dead servers

Why people stil able to run multibox farming at dead servers ? Why Em's doing nothing to stop exploiting this game. It breaking main server (Atlantic) economy at all. Why some sneaky persons scripting total afk spawn farming at feluca coz dead server and noone comes to raid ? Why some persons running 30-50 EJ accounts to afk farm fan-dancers at Dodjo ? Its total illegal and breaking all the rules. Why nobody cares about that ? 
Just make all items "shard bound" or make a limits for transfering items. Powerscrolls is cursed items, why it could be transfered to another servers ????

Comments

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Why people stil able to run multibox farming at dead servers ? Why Em's doing nothing to stop exploiting this game. It breaking main server (Atlantic) economy at all. Why some sneaky persons scripting total afk spawn farming at feluca coz dead server and noone comes to raid ? Why some persons running 30-50 EJ accounts to afk farm fan-dancers at Dodjo ? Its total illegal and breaking all the rules. Why nobody cares about that ? 
    Just make all items "shard bound" or make a limits for transfering items. Powerscrolls is cursed items, why it could be transfered to another servers ????

Why ?

To my opinion, the source for all of these problems, are real money trades....

The ability to sell UO items and gold for real money, and the existance of players willing to spend their real money to purchase UO items and gold, can  be a hell of a good reason to some players to multibox, AFK script a go-go, and then sell those items for real money or, sell them for in-game gold and then sell the in-game gold for real money....

If Real Money trades were not possible, I think that much of this problem would magically dissolve...

At least, that is the way I see it.
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    edited September 2022
    popps said:

Why ?

The ability to sell UO items and gold for real money, and the existance of players willing to spend their real money to purchase UO items and gold, can  be a hell of a good reason to some players to multibox, AFK script a go-go, and then sell those items for real money or, sell them for in-game gold and then sell the in-game gold for real money....

If Real Money trades were not possible, I think that much of this problem would magically dissolve...

Broadsword only has one actual way to combat RMT. That way is to limit the amount of coverage RMTers have to attain their wares, which means shard consolidation. The reason people run unchecked for the most part is because they can get away with AFK farming gear, scrolls, artifacts and even gold without being found during GM hours as they're doing it on dead servers with at best double digit actual populations.

Imagine going from 26 servers, to 6. All these hot spots would be contested, players would be able to more effectively police their own servers again and page on people bot farming areas in the same way the game relied on players to do so in the past. Yet another perk for shard consolidation. Other than that, and making every.single.item. "no drop no trade" or "shard bound" broadsword has no actual method to prevent RMT. If I have a thing, and you have cash instead of gold to trade, it's up to me to decide if I will accept that, and the transactional means to do so are outside of the scope of broadsword to verify or even prevent.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    gay said:
    popps said:

Why ?

Broadsword only has one actual way to combat RMT. That way is to limit the amount of coverage RMTers have to attain their wares, which means shard consolidation. The reason people run unchecked for the most part is because they can get away with AFK farming gear, scrolls, artifacts and even gold without being found during GM hours as they're doing it on dead servers with at best double digit actual populations.

Imagine going from 26 servers, to 6. All these hot spots would be contested, players would be able to more effectively police their own servers again and page on people bot farming areas in the same way the game relied on players to do so in the past. Yet another perk for shard consolidation. Other than that, and making every.single.item. "no drop no trade" or "shard bound" broadsword has no actual method to prevent RMT. If I have a thing, and you have cash instead of gold to trade, it's up to me to decide if I will accept that, and the transactional means to do so are outside of the scope of broadsword to verify or even prevent.
     they could sell everything in the uo store for less...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Another thread about this? 

IBTL
  • Shard consolidation would be perfect solution to resolve multi-box farming. Game should be fair for everyone. Whats the point keep alive 20 dead servers with farming bots only population without EMs.
    I understand, its a part of 25years history and innactive players stil renew subscription just to keep houses. Okay. Broadsword should forbid cross server transfering. Otherwise there is no point to play Atlantic and OSI at all.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "I think a valid point has been made, shard transfers should only transfer players, gold, and pets, no items, should be naked. This would resolve many issues" 
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited September 2022
    gay said:
    popps said:

Why ?

Forget about Shards' consolidation, because of houses, it is flat out impossible.

Lots and lots of players want their houses where they are at, and would never accept a forced relocation. Sure, the Developers could impose a House relocation when consolidating Shards but, it would risk even further shrinking the players' base as a good number of players could refuse it and quit UO for good over it.

Not to mention, grandfathered houses, players' Towns, players' Memorials, different Shards' histories, etc. etc. which could not survive a Shards' consolidation.

To my opinion, it is even pointless to talk about Shards' Consolidation as it is plainly impossible to do at this point.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited September 2022
    Ya those tactics, resist, and other pet scrolls are so cheap on Atlantic now because of this.  :D  

100k gold will buy anything now. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Problem is legitimate players sell stuff on their vendors and selling the same stuff in the UO store would have UO competing with legitimate paid subscribers for the same sales. Also, UO would risk losing the paid accounts of those that multibox.  I think when UO used shard shields and other long term player rewards to create two classes of players UO created much of this problem.

Think UO really should consider getting some professional help to objectivity review decisions it has made over the years, how these decisions affected the game, and come up with workable solutions to the problems these decisions caused.

Hard for me to believe players make real money off of this game but have to believe it anyway given the number of third party retailers selling everything imaginable.  If real money sales could be eliminated, wonder how many paid UO subscribers operating these sites UO would lose.  
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Shard consolidation would be perfect solution to resolve multi-box farming. Game should be fair for everyone. Whats the point keep alive 20 dead servers with farming bots only population without EMs.
    I understand, its a part of 25years history and innactive players stil renew subscription just to keep houses. Okay. Broadsword should forbid cross server transfering. Otherwise there is no point to play Atlantic and OSI at all.
    Please show me ONE "DEAD" server, you can't
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited September 2022
    Lake Austin  :D

When EA merges servers the game quits being supported soon after.  Ask The Sims Online.  
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • OreoglOreogl Posts: 285
    Consolidating servers never really goes the way people imagine it to go.  Especially since transfer tokens have been around forever.

The RMT argument always interests me because I see the current UO population and always wonder how much of an impact this really has.  

I’m not advocating for scripting etc or RMT but hardly expect it to be as detrimental as people believe it to be.

I was debating on trying Elden Ring, since I’ve caught up on a lot of activities in UO since being back early this year.  

A screenshot of NL or an upcoming event or any sort of teaser would be nice though.

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    How is someone else farming on a dead shard hurting you personally? Are they driving the price of items down below what you want to sell them for on Atlantic?
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited September 2022
    Did you see a crime, and not report using the ingame system? Or you came straight to forum to complain?

In real life, when you see a thief do you call the police or go to public forum to complain that police doesn't do their job? Does the presence of police in all cities guarantee zero crime rate?

And yeah, why must this issue be related to a dead shard. I reported to the GM about the issue in another dead shard and they responded via email even when they didn't appear instantly.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • psychopsycho Posts: 284
    Seth said:
    Did you see a crime, and not report using the ingame system? Or you came straight to forum to complain?

Often the crime has been reported multiple times yet Devs/GMs/whatever never show up to punish the involved persons. This is the problem, not the afk macroing itself.

I mean I have to scroll back to March 2022 to find the last "monthly" newsletter from Mesanna the producer of UO.  Theres a reason she stopped sending out newsletter with information about how many banned. There were supposed to be two newsletters, one with Production shards and one for the New Legacy, the end result were none.

The new legacy will be fantastic, awesome, and according to earlier info it will run itself totally without GMs because they will work on the already existing production shards.

what a fantastic idea, what could possible go wrong
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408

just say the shard you see this and post where i would gladly go there...i never seen any unnatended spawn farming i only see desesperate scripts seller for money...and btw i watched the video the scripts seller was advertising and it was on a freeshard...but yeah for unnatended farming some spot in tram you are right but in fel you are wrong
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    You know that people literally sell scripts for doing unattended champs right?
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    McDougle said:
    You know that people literally sell scripts for doing unattended champs right?

:|
This discussion has been closed.