Notice Eggs are not respawning? Do this.

So as you may be able to tell by the name, On pacific we have been dealing with a scripter most of the day since the destard event started. Eggs are 95% of the way I get points so I’ve noticed things over the weeks. 
Well multiple times eggs have stopped spawning for hours on end. There are areas they stopped permenantly but these areas I go to every day and they only stop spawning when somone starts blocking the scripter tele spots.
yesterday my guildy pulled out his tracker and what do you know. We found 5 stealthed chars afk in the zones where eggs stopped spawning. Both fel and tram. More than 10 spots stop spawning eggs when this happens. And I have reported those 5 chars we found with a tag so maybe a gm can find them in stealth easier?

So… if eggs aren’t spawning anymore. Get your tracker and find those pesky stealth scripters that just afk for hours to stop ppl from getting eggs. 

Comments

• ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 782
    Perhaps these are people trying to stop the scripters getting eggs?  They may have tried other techniques and those failed?
  • King_GregKing_Greg Posts: 248
    Should just of made them not able to be picked up by EJ accounts. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    edited May 2022
    Perhaps these are people trying to stop the scripters getting eggs?  They may have tried other techniques and those failed?

Yes.
    Eggs have spawn spot. When the egg is picked up, another egg will not spawn in that spot until the original egg leaves the sub server. The intent is for a player to leave the area and bank or house or turn in the egg.

@Kyronix the method of respawn is causing players to harass others by collecting eggs and staying afk on the sub server. Therefor eggs in that spot will not spawn again.

If you are going to use this method again, the respawn method needs to change or a timer of a short duration needs to be put on the item. The timer would be removed when the item is turned in to an NPC. He would give the item back with no timer now. A middleman that cleanses the item for further use or deco.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Can they just let them drop on any monsters in classic dungeon? 

More powerful more drops or better chances to get a drop.

At least if we can't fight the paragons we can enjoy some nostalgia in classic.

Why should eggs be found on the floor? Monsters came out from dungeons, picked them up and went back in. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Seth said:

Why should eggs be found on the floor? Monsters came out from dungeons, picked them up and went back in. 
    Or just have artio spawn right in the middle of destard 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    McDougle said:
    Seth said:

Or just have artio spawn right in the middle of destard 
    I rarely agree with you but the eggs should only spawn in destard so no bots will survive
    edited May 2022
    If every game design objective in UO is targeted against bots and scripters at the expense of normal players, then it will never be fun.

Its so weird when every player can talk about scripters and bots but yet nothing is done to them.

Instead the dev made decisions because of this minority group of illegal players. Why should we pay money while game design is focused on keeping bad players.

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    The eggs are a way for non-fighting type players to take part in Treasures-Of events and get rewards.  Having them spawn only in Destard or on other dungeon mods defeats the purpose of having a non-fighting way to take part.
    edited May 2022
    TimSt said:
    The eggs are a way for non-fighting type players to take part in Treasures-Of events and get rewards.  Having them spawn only in Destard or on other dungeon mods defeats the purpose of having a non-fighting way to take part.
    It's for zero profession or skills, perfect for running EJ with all zero skills bots. 

Even a begger is an interactive skill.

Those with skills, paid subscribers, face the paragon.
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    edited May 2022
    Seth said:
    TimSt said:
    It's for zero profession or skills, perfect for running EJ with all zero skills bots. 

Nope.. I'm not denting my suit anymore or misusing my potions.. I gather eggs thank you very much and get about 30 drops the hour I run the circuits.. no potion, no repair, no insurance, no nuffin, just a boring way to get drops, more effectively than doing dropless paragons
    edited May 2022
    Archangel said:
    Seth said:
    TimSt said:

Nope.. I'm not denting my suit anymore or misusing my potions.. I gather eggs thank you very much and get about 30 drops the hour I run the circuits.. no potion, no repair, no insurance, no nuffin, just a boring way to get drops, more effectively than doing dropless paragons
     :D better to spend some time on eggs then wasting time on paras and insurance gold
    Seth said:
    If every game design objective in UO is targeted against bots and scripters at the expense of normal players, then it will never be fun.

Unfortunately this is UO. Very sad.
  • Estel_RandirEstel_Randir Posts: 189
    edited May 2022
    Pawain said:
    Seth said:

So many mundane activities, etc in UO are much more of a chore than 10+ yrs ago from the devs trying to trying to keep people from afk macroing, scripting etc. That pretty much also goes for everything you do online now thanks to rampant hacking, etc.
  • SarkonSarkon Posts: 61
    So instead of just singling out accounts doing that and banning them, they modify events to make it more difficult for the regular person.  Brilliant.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Pawain said:
    Seth said:

So many mundane activities, etc in UO are much more of a chore than 10+ yrs ago from the devs trying to trying to keep people from afk macroing, scripting etc. That pretty much also goes for everything you do online now thanks to rampant hacking, etc.
    The problem is, at least to my opinion, that while it is a much worse chore for players playing legit, without scripting and AT the keyboard, spending their time, for AFK players scripting, it has not changed their gameplay much....

For example, take the randomization of resources like ore or wood..... while to players not scripting it has made it a nightmare, since now it cost a whole lot more of their time to get the ore or wood that they need, to AFK scripters it has not changed much... they just fire up their AK script and go do something else in their life.... then come back after hours, or in the morning when they have slept their night, and collect the ore and wood with no effort at all...

To my opinion, changing gameplay to try fight scripters is a futile thing.... it is scripting in the first place using third party not allowed software which should be detected and accounts banned.... and not just the EJ accounts using those unauthorized scripts.... but also their main accounts who do not AFK script but still, sometimes benefit of whatever has been obtained with the EF AFK scripting accounts...

That is at least the way I see it.
    popps said:
    Pawain said:
    Seth said:

The problem is, at least to my opinion, that while it is a much worse chore for players playing legit, without scripting and AT the keyboard, spending their time, for AFK players scripting, it has not changed their gameplay much....

For example, take the randomization of resources like ore or wood..... while to players not scripting it has made it a nightmare, since now it cost a whole lot more of their time to get the ore or wood that they need, to AFK scripters it has not changed much... they just fire up their AK script and go do something else in their life.... then come back after hours, or in the morning when they have slept their night, and collect the ore and wood with no effort at all...

To my opinion, changing gameplay to try fight scripters is a futile thing.... it is scripting in the first place using third party not allowed software which should be detected and accounts banned.... and not just the EJ accounts using those unauthorized scripts.... but also their main accounts who do not AFK script but still, sometimes benefit of whatever has been obtained with the EF AFK scripting accounts...

That is at least the way I see it.
    They fixed the resource mistake with pirating....
  • Estel_RandirEstel_Randir Posts: 189
    Sarkon said:
    So instead of just singling out accounts doing that and banning them, they modify events to make it more difficult for the regular person.  Brilliant.

Yup. Been that way for a very long time. I really do not think that the parent company will ever invest enough money to give UO the resources it needs to police the game. You can put in all the bot detection programs you want, but you need staff to be actively monitoring things and taking action.
  • Pac_ManPac_Man Posts: 5
    Nvm don’t do this cause the devs won’t do anything. It’s happened multiple times now since the first time. I’m just ganna go play a dif game when he stops spawns… gg 
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    TimSt said:

There is a much more simple solution to that problem: make the Event Armor Pieces (who care about the Rewards) ***NOT*** Shard Bounded.

But this is a common sense solution, so it will never be implemented.

I.
    Ivenor said:
    TimSt said:

There is a much more simple solution to that problem: make the Event Armor Pieces (who care about the Rewards) ***NOT*** Shard Bounded.

I.
    No no no because then the  scripters drain the lower population shards kinda like happens with PS...
    edited May 2022
    McDougle said:
    Ivenor said:
    TimSt said:

I.
    No no no because then the  scripters drain the lower population shards kinda like happens with PS...

Right: better to still have NO Event Armor Items for sale on Low Pop Shards AND a Biden-level 10x inflation of their prices on ATL... :D
    Ivenor said:
    McDougle said:
    Ivenor said:
    TimSt said:

I.

Right: better to still have NO Event Armor Items for sale on Low Pop Shards AND a Biden-level 10x inflation of their prices on ATL... :D
    See but on Origin we just give each other bone pieces or whole suits....
    Good for you, folks, but Origin is not the only Low Pop Shard around: there are some even more deserted... :'(
    Ivenor said:
    Good for you, folks, but Origin is not the only Low Pop Shard around: there are some even more deserted... :'(
    Now i resent that we're the deadest of the dead thank you  ;)
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,798
    @Larisa Have them change Origin's "Motto" to "Origin, The deadest of the Dead."  
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

@ Larisa Have them change Origin's "Motto" to "Origin, The deadest of the Dead."  

McDougle said:
    Ivenor said:
    Now i resent that we're the deadest of the dead thank you  ;)

edited May 2022
    When players on a shard are staunch supporters of shard bound, look at Atlantic. They are far from dead.

They have not seen truly dead shards who will never get to see any of the shard bound items in future.
    edited May 2022
    Seth said:
    When players on a shard are staunch supporters of shard bound, look at Atlantic. They are far from dead.

They have not seen truly dead shards who will never get to see any of the shard bound items in future.

Shard Bounding is...

&

Ivenor said:
    Seth said:

Shard Bounding is...

&

You should choose better baby names.
  • TheoTheo Posts: 167
    edited May 2022
    Pawain said:
    Seth said:

Well if they are designing against scripters they are doing a terrible job.  Making items spawn in guardzones in predictable places is a scripter heaven.  Then add in the ability for EJ accounts to pick them up and its even worse.   I got tired of dealing with them on Great lakes so I went to one of the deadest shards in UO - Legends.  I have toons there I play when things are annoying on bigger servers. Log in after midnight to collect some eggs to get some gear for my fighting toons and its literally 3 accounts playing Legands.  Me and two egg script accounts.  You can report them but nothing is done.  After 20 years of UO I know what a script account looks like.  You can easily find them - just sit by the destard turn in guy and watch them turn eggs in with 1.5 seconds between rewards.  No way a human can get the quest, turn on 'mark quest item' and mark 10 eggs and then collect a reward in 1.5 seconds.   It looks like :  Port in, Ring, Ring, Ring, ring, ring. Walk to reward guy, port out.  All in 10 seconds.  Meanwhile I'm there for 2-3 minutes turning my eggs in by hand.   

This is how the UO sellers have rewards on 'all shards'.  They are running scripts on all shards - even legends.  Its the exact same script I see on GL.  Don't lock this thread. I've reported it over and over again and nothing happens.  It is maddening.  Thats my problem. Just admit you aren't doing anything with scripters so I can join them.  I'm tired of having to play against the computer.  I don't mind playing against real humans, but when I'm playing for my rewards against the speed and precision of an automated script its not fun.  Fix it.  Do something.  You have every chance here - they are super easy to find - they are doing it all day long.  Its a constant joke on almost every shard.