This is ridicolous... Greater Dragons dispelling WAY too easily and often Summons...

2»

Comments

  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 1,163
    DISCORD
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,201
    Greater dragon's were I've always felt were the start of the downfall of bards even with slayer instruments....
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • MerlinMerlin Posts: 124

    Greater Dragons are fine as is.  


    No changes are necessary. 

  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,201
    edited May 19
    Merlin said:

    Greater Dragons are fine as is.  


    No changes are necessary. 


    Then how about super bard skill boost 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 1,576
    "have you tried one of the other 63 spells in the spellbook?"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,090
    Yoshi said:
    "have you tried one of the other 63 spells in the spellbook?"
    Meh, hard to do, at least with Magery, when one has 0 Evaluate intelligence....

    I am running a Mage, Spellweaver, Necromancer....
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 420
    popps said:
    Yoshi said:
    "have you tried one of the other 63 spells in the spellbook?"
    Meh, hard to do, at least with Magery, when one has 0 Evaluate intelligence....

    I am running a Mage, Spellweaver, Necromancer....
    but... even without jewels, and acounting for 120 in those 3 you got space for Spiritspeak, Evaluate Inteligence and Resisting spells all at 120... You wouldn't need Meditation considering you can wraith leech mana...  I dunno man, you can adjust those templates a bit, even if its a bit of a learning curve...
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,153
    edited May 19
    popps said:
    Yoshi said:
    "have you tried one of the other 63 spells in the spellbook?"
    Meh, hard to do, at least with Magery, when one has 0 Evaluate intelligence....

    I am running a Mage, Spellweaver, Necromancer....



    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

    Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

  • MerusMerus Posts: 518
    edited May 19
    popps said:
    Yoshi said:
    "have you tried one of the other 63 spells in the spellbook?"
    Meh, hard to do, at least with Magery, when one has 0 Evaluate intelligence....

    I am running a Mage, Spellweaver, Necromancer....
    If you don’t have Eval you aren’t running a mage, you just have magery on your build.

    My tamer has magery, my bard has magery, my Thunter has magery, hell my crafter has magery…. without eval calling them mages is ridiculous.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,337
    Exactly. My crafter has magery. Maybe I should go make meat pies in Destard.
     :D 
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,201
    Pawain said:
    Exactly. My crafter has magery. Maybe I should go make meat pies in Destard.
     :D 
    You'll need eggs for that 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,337
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    Exactly. My crafter has magery. Maybe I should go make meat pies in Destard.
     :D 
    You'll need eggs for that 
    My chicken from the farm expansion lays those.
     :) 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 787
    Without eval. intel what’s the point?  All you have are area damage spells.  Mine has 110 Magery, eval intel, and spellweaving.  100 meditation, spirit speak, and resist spells and 90 necro.  Magery and eval intel are at 120 with a wizards curio and a crystaline ring.  He has a level three magery, necro and spellweaving masteries but mostly uses death ray in Destard.  He can’t do much alone against the bigger paras but can do a lot of damage working with others and can handle everything else himself or with others.  If everything is working he does not get killed that much unless the dungeon is just filled with bigger paras like it is some nights.
    If are not a bard, tamer or something else what is the point of not having eval intel.  Without direct damage spells you really can’t expect to kill much beyond the small stuff.  Not trying to be overly critical just would like to know why you don’t have eval intel in your template.

  • SethSeth Posts: 2,402
    edited May 19
    popps said:
    Yoshi said:
    "have you tried one of the other 63 spells in the spellbook?"
    Meh, hard to do, at least with Magery, when one has 0 Evaluate intelligence....

    I am running a Mage, Spellweaver, Necromancer....
    Magery 120
    Eval 120
    Sw 120
    Necro 120
    SS 120
    Med 120

    This guy should be good enough for a legacy GD. In fact only need 3 skills to kill a GD in maybe less than 10 secs with a dragon slayer spellbook.  
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,337
    he needs 100 hiding because he thinks protection casts too slow and he wants to play hidden.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,402
    Pawain said:
    he needs 100 hiding because he thinks protection casts too slow and he wants to play hidden.
     :D 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 787
    Seth have been fighting greater dragons for a couple years now they are quite good at casting and fighting, and pretty tough to damage. How would you drop one in 10 seconds?  Have tried a number of different ways to kill them but bottom line they have good resists and lots of hit points. Hit and run works for me but don’t see any way I could do enough damage to drop one that quickly.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,201
    Arnold7 said:
    Seth have been fighting greater dragons for a couple years now they are quite good at casting and fighting, and pretty tough to damage. How would you drop one in 10 seconds?  Have tried a number of different ways to kill them but bottom line they have good resists and lots of hit points. Hit and run works for me but don’t see any way I could do enough damage to drop one that quickly.
    My sdi mage close to max and even with a 27% dragon slayer it takes more than 3 hits 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,402
    Arnold7 said:
    Seth have been fighting greater dragons for a couple years now they are quite good at casting and fighting, and pretty tough to damage. How would you drop one in 10 seconds?  Have tried a number of different ways to kill them but bottom line they have good resists and lots of hit points. Hit and run works for me but don’t see any way I could do enough damage to drop one that quickly.
    hrm, I did kill Hiryus with mystic mage and dragon slayer, cold attack spells, high sdi with huge damage. I didn't try that on the GD with a mage though, and I thought it's the same since my sampire can kill them fine. Let me try out and in the meantime I take back the 10 seconds claim.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,337
    Arnold7 said:
    Seth have been fighting greater dragons for a couple years now they are quite good at casting and fighting, and pretty tough to damage. How would you drop one in 10 seconds?  Have tried a number of different ways to kill them but bottom line they have good resists and lots of hit points. Hit and run works for me but don’t see any way I could do enough damage to drop one that quickly.
    Ya did the julia quest with a lot of new toons to get the tiles.  Put them at GM melee skills. They took longer than 10 seconds and no way they killed paragon ones.  I did that part in Ilsh in Kirin passage where paragons could spawn. I can not remember how long my mage took while getting leather years ago. I'm sure it was not easy tho.  But we are better now, maybe he could kill them quicker now with SDI gear and weaving.  I also would have to test it.  Im sure not doing a super paragon with just a mage.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,090
    edited May 20
    Archangel said:
    popps said:
    Yoshi said:
    "have you tried one of the other 63 spells in the spellbook?"
    Meh, hard to do, at least with Magery, when one has 0 Evaluate intelligence....

    I am running a Mage, Spellweaver, Necromancer....
    but... even without jewels, and acounting for 120 in those 3 you got space for Spiritspeak, Evaluate Inteligence and Resisting spells all at 120... You wouldn't need Meditation considering you can wraith leech mana...  I dunno man, you can adjust those templates a bit, even if its a bit of a learning curve...
    I do have 120 Spirit Speak and 120 Resisting Spells.

    No room for Evaluate Intelligence, though..... I do have 120 Meditation....
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,090
    edited May 20
    Arnold7 said:
    Without eval. intel what’s the point?  All you have are area damage spells.  Mine has 110 Magery, eval intel, and spellweaving.  100 meditation, spirit speak, and resist spells and 90 necro.  Magery and eval intel are at 120 with a wizards curio and a crystaline ring.  He has a level three magery, necro and spellweaving masteries but mostly uses death ray in Destard.  He can’t do much alone against the bigger paras but can do a lot of damage working with others and can handle everything else himself or with others.  If everything is working he does not get killed that much unless the dungeon is just filled with bigger paras like it is some nights.
    If are not a bard, tamer or something else what is the point of not having eval intel.  Without direct damage spells you really can’t expect to kill much beyond the small stuff.  Not trying to be overly critical just would like to know why you don’t have eval intel in your template.

    The point is to be able to cast Invisibility reliably to break aggro and also of course, be able to use the Greater Heals and Arch Cure spells besides being able to res others when needed......

    Sure, I "could" get by with 92 Magery and still cast Invisibility 100% of the times, reliably, but I would have not much to do with the saved up 28 points so I just stayed with the 120 Magery...

    An option could be using 50 Ninitsu and smoke bombs to hide, rather then use Magery, which would free up 70 skill points but I would have to carry lots of smoke bombs and would no longer be able to cast healing and curing spells or resurrecting others...

    I prefer to use 120 Spirit Speak rather then 100 because I spam Wither a lot...

    I can kill all of the regulars, saved from Greater Dragons and the Ancient Wyrm which take me too much time to be worth it... and of the Paragons, the ones which I cannot kill are the Paragon Weald Protector, the Paragon Winged Monster, Paragon Dragon, Paragon Greater Dragon, Paragon Shadow Wyrm, Paragon  Ancient Wyrm.

    I have a hard time killing the Paragon Fey Dragon Whelpling but with some time and a few deaths I manage to.

    The other Paragons I can kill.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,090
    Seth said:
    popps said:
    Yoshi said:
    "have you tried one of the other 63 spells in the spellbook?"
    Meh, hard to do, at least with Magery, when one has 0 Evaluate intelligence....

    I am running a Mage, Spellweaver, Necromancer....
    Magery 120
    Eval 120
    Sw 120
    Necro 120
    SS 120
    Med 120

    This guy should be good enough for a legacy GD. In fact only need 3 skills to kill a GD in maybe less than 10 secs with a dragon slayer spellbook.  
    I traded 120 Resisting Spells for Evaluate Intelligence....
  • JenniferMarieJenniferMarie Posts: 198
    FWIW ... if you cast two EVs back-to-back, a GD usually can't dispel them and you'll have until the GD kills one to then cast Energy Bolts or Chain Lightning or whatever. Magery Mastery for Death Ray would be ideal.

    My NecroMage handles GD just fine.
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

    "Insanity is a naturally occurring mutation; humanity has just managed to perfect it." -- JMK [[me]]
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,090
    Pawain said:
    he needs 100 hiding because he thinks protection casts too slow and he wants to play hidden.
    Actually, I need invisibility to break aggro....

    I hold spellbook and shield so, no chance for potions... I could use smoke bombs, instead, but I would need to make room for 50 ninjitsu and then, with paragons revealing all the time, have to carry a ton load of smoke bombs...
  • MerusMerus Posts: 518
    popps said:
    Seth said:
    popps said:
    Yoshi said:
    "have you tried one of the other 63 spells in the spellbook?"
    Meh, hard to do, at least with Magery, when one has 0 Evaluate intelligence....

    I am running a Mage, Spellweaver, Necromancer....
    Magery 120
    Eval 120
    Sw 120
    Necro 120
    SS 120
    Med 120

    This guy should be good enough for a legacy GD. In fact only need 3 skills to kill a GD in maybe less than 10 secs with a dragon slayer spellbook.  
    I traded 120 Resisting Spells for Evaluate Intelligence....
    You’ve built a template with very little offensive capabilities.  No wonder your so set on needing summons.  The problem isn’t with the greater dragons, they are doing exactly what they were designed to do.  My 4x bard with 120 magery has more offense that your template.  It’s you that needs to adjust here.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 1,277
    Merus said:
    popps said:
    Seth said:
    popps said:
    Yoshi said:
    "have you tried one of the other 63 spells in the spellbook?"
    Meh, hard to do, at least with Magery, when one has 0 Evaluate intelligence....

    I am running a Mage, Spellweaver, Necromancer....
    Magery 120
    Eval 120
    Sw 120
    Necro 120
    SS 120
    Med 120

    This guy should be good enough for a legacy GD. In fact only need 3 skills to kill a GD in maybe less than 10 secs with a dragon slayer spellbook.  
    I traded 120 Resisting Spells for Evaluate Intelligence....
    You’ve built a template with very little offensive capabilities.  No wonder your so set on needing summons.  The problem isn’t with the greater dragons, they are doing exactly what they were designed to do.  My 4x bard with 120 magery has more offense that your template.  It’s you that needs to adjust here.
    Which is the case 90% of the time.... yet here we are  :D
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 787
    Popps thanks for the answer on your template’s goals.  I like wither too.  Like especially wraith form with death ray.  That combo is very effective on anything being held in place by pets or other players.  Appropriate slayer book increases the damage it does.  Wraith can’t move that fast so you need to be aware of your surroundings when you use it and heal right away when damaged.  It’s a great combo for bosses.  Little afraid to use it in Destard because paras can switch targets but use death ray on occasion.  Thanks.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 1,163
     :D 
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,153
    I was wondering how long it would take, now I know.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

    Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Sign In or Register to comment.