Has anyone noticed this? On several shards, the egg vendor quest sound is CONSTANTLY playing...

usernameusername Posts: 248
edited May 15 in General Discussions
... yet no one is coming/going? Best case scenario you could only complete the quest 12 times before you'd have to go pick up 120 more eggs. Very noticeable on Atlantic trammel where it's now a ghost town (since it's moved to fel for the weekend) and there are several of the same players hidden 24/7 that never leave yet the quests keep being completed?

Have ToT's been this much of a disaster that now people are just getting free ingots?
Between botting the dungeon 24/7 and whatever this is, anyone still thinking "Account Bound" is a bad idea yet LOL?

Guess empty house plots with a dozen vendors selling ingots is just the new normal and completely legit gameplay. Just like the vendors that had hundreds of each Shadowguard artifacts... LEGITIMATE GAMEPLAY.

Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 2 years and counting.
Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
«1

Comments

  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,180
    When all you have to do is run around and pick up an item that spawns in the same places, you can get a lot of those items.  Especially if you play many hours a day.

    You should see how many butchers I can kill when those are active. 

    An average player can get 300 eggs a day.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,180
    Why is it that whenever someone is better than you, you think they must be cheating?
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,018
    Pawain said:
    Why is it that whenever someone is better than you, you think they must be cheating?
    You have to understand that the truth is somewhere in the middle and admit there's gotta be some cheating going on..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 718
    edited May 15
    Not sure about that.  Eggs close together in two fairly close locations no longer spawn but egg in between them does.  That’s not normal.  Someone walking from one location  to the other would pick up the middle egg.  Maybe, the eggs just don’t spawn anymore or spawn somewhere else now.  All the other eggs in this area spawn normally.  It’s just those four that don’t.  Was thinking of calling an EM if this lack of spawn continues for a longer time to check for a scripter.
    To be honest a player could just hide there and wait for them to spawn.  Really?  I suppose. But really?  I am not saying I really care if a real player is hiding there, but really?  I know there are lots of repetitive really boring things you can choose to do in UO but really just standing in place for 24 hours.
  • usernameusername Posts: 248
    Pawain said:
    When all you have to do is run around and pick up an item that spawns in the same places, you can get a lot of those items.  Especially if you play many hours a day.

    You should see how many butchers I can kill when those are active. 

    An average player can get 300 eggs a day.
    Yes I agree but you completely missed the post, please re-read. These players are not leaving to pick up eggs.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 2 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • usernameusername Posts: 248
    edited May 15
    Pawain said:
    Why is it that whenever someone is better than you, you think they must be cheating?
    How are these players chain repeating the quest without leaving the area and getting more eggs? They're sitting hidden at the entrance to destard 24/7? Please, how do you explain this.

    Must just be better than me... at cheating/duping quests.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 2 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • usernameusername Posts: 248
    edited May 15
    Arnold7 said:
    Not sure about that.  Eggs close together in two fairly close locations no longer spawn but egg in between them does.  That’s not normal.  Someone walking from one location  to the other would pick up the middle egg.  Maybe, the eggs just don’t spawn anymore or spawn somewhere else now.  All the other eggs in this area spawn normally.  It’s just those four that don’t.  Was thinking of calling an EM if this lack of spawn continues for a longer time to check for a scripter.
    To be honest a player could just hide there and wait for them to spawn.  Really?  I suppose. But really?  I am not saying I really care if a real player is hiding there, but really?  I know there are lots of repetitive really boring things you can choose to do in UO but really just standing in place for 24 hours.
    Once again, I agree, but these hidden players are not leaving and are triggering the quest 24/7 at the vendor outside of Destard. Please re-read the original post, they are sitting outside of Destard chain triggering the quest AND not moving/leaving to collect more eggs.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 2 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 718
    I do this quest every night for a couple hours and I believe so are several others when I am playing so it would not surprise me that the music plays often.  I usually have ten or twenty eggs in my pack and am sure that other players with less stuff can carry a lot more.  You can do the quest over and over again standing in place until you run out of eggs.
  • usernameusername Posts: 248
    edited May 15
    Arnold7 said:
    I do this quest every night for a couple hours and I believe so are several others when I am playing so it would not surprise me that the music plays often.  I usually have ten or twenty eggs in my pack and am sure that other players with less stuff can carry a lot more.  You can do the quest over and over again standing in place until you run out of eggs.
    You are completely missing the point. WOOOOOOOOOSH right over the head.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 2 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 718
    If you had a second account, you could just plant a player there and give them eggs. Not sure why you would do that it you though.  Maybe if you played with others, you could spend more time looking if just one player turned them in.
  • usernameusername Posts: 248
    edited May 15
    Arnold7 said:
    If you had a second account, you could just plant a player there and give them eggs. Not sure why you would do that it you though.  Maybe if you played with others, you could spend more time looking if just one player turned them in.
    Again, very few are coming and going. You can see who is doing the quest because the quest NPC will turn towards you if you double click it. No one is trading eggs. These hidden cheat players are chain repeating the quest without gathering any eggs, 24/7 confirmed. @Mesanna @Kyronix go have a look please.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 2 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,180
    I think the bug is with the ding.  I have heard that on LS also.  Or someone is there clicking and unclicking an egg to make the ding just to annoy you?  It worked.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,126
    Pawain said:
    I think the bug is with the ding.  I have heard that on LS also.  Or someone is there clicking and unclicking an egg to make the ding just to annoy you?  It worked.
    I mean, if that isn't What's happening, I'm sure it will now.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

    Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 718
    You have to toggle the eggs as quest items and then turn them in to get an ingot.  How do you get around that?  Or, sounds like maybe you are saying they have found a way around that.  Anyway, hope you get an answer from UO.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,180
    Maybe it is an army of stealth egg gatherers. They are 20 toons holding of 120 eggs each. And the person turns all in at once so it seems they are there forever.
  • King_GregKing_Greg Posts: 243
    The npc vendor is also turning at a very fast rate, he faces whoever last used him so you can see whenever a hidden player is using him by facing it another direction. 

    Definitely something going on. 
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,126
    Wait Wait, I figured it out . . .



    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

    Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

  • usernameusername Posts: 248
    edited May 15
    Pawain said:
    Maybe it is an army of stealth egg gatherers. They are 20 toons holding of 120 eggs each. And the person turns all in at once so it seems they are there forever.
    It's the same character(s). There are only a couple of hidden characters. They don't move. There is no 'army'. I have had them on track for an hour and they have not moved a single tile in any direction.

    King_Greg said:
    The npc vendor is also turning at a very fast rate, he faces whoever last used him so you can see whenever a hidden player is using him by facing it another direction. 

    Definitely something going on. 
    100% something illegal going on, but, the contrarians will tell you otherwise. Makes you wonder some people's motives...
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 2 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 491
    edited May 16
    Come to Somona and see the Bots (let's call them Brigette and John the Trader as a couple of "generic" names) recall to inside a house, then recall to the other side of the house, and THEN recall outside the house WHEN THERE ARE NO EGGS THERE!!! They do it all day long. The same spots over and over, and recalling a lot faster than I can. It would be a little funny if it weren't an obvious sign of a script. Even you could figure this out Pawain. @Mesanna @Bleak @Kyronix feel free to log in to Sonoma and watch them at work! And then BAN them.

    FYI, EJ accounts have ZERO business collecting ANY rewards. It would cut down on some of this BS behavior if these people ran the risk of having their main accounts banned. Not that there is much worry any, seeing as how the devs don't even pretend to bother about cheaters/scripters/goldsellers any more! So sad what this game has become :(
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 1,178
    edited May 16
    Sounds concerning if true. I went to Tram to check and the turn in guy didn't make a sound as I stood there for 5min and as I'm typing this I made the guy face the dungeon entrance (assuming opposite direction of where bots are coming from?) and nothing yet.

    EDIT* When I tabbed back over to the UO screen I saw the vendor move. The sound went off like 5 times and then stopped. It's been about 4min since that happened,
  • usernameusername Posts: 248
    Doesn't seem to be going on right at this moment. Funny when it's been going on all week/end but all the sudden nothing. Wonder if they saw the post? Lol
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 2 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 491
    username said:
    Doesn't seem to be going on right at this moment. Funny when it's been going on all week/end but all the sudden nothing. Wonder if they saw the post? Lol
    It was going on pretty much all week until at least yesterday. Not sure about tonight. ;)
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 1,118
    KHAN said:
    Come to Somona and see the Bots (let's call them Brigette and John the Trader as a couple of "generic" names) recall to inside a house, then recall to the other side of the house, and THEN recall outside the house WHEN THERE ARE NO EGGS THERE!!! They do it all day long. The same spots over and over, and recalling a lot faster than I can. It would be a little funny if it weren't an obvious sign of a script. Even you could figure this out Pawain. @ Mesanna @ Bleak @ Kyronix feel free to log in to Sonoma and watch them at work! And then BAN them.

    FYI, EJ accounts have ZERO business collecting ANY rewards. It would cut down on some of this BS behavior if these people ran the risk of having their main accounts banned. Not that there is much worry any, seeing as how the devs don't even pretend to bother about cheaters/scripters/goldsellers any more! So sad what this game has become :(
    Page a GM using harassment so youcan target them and it also sends a copy of you log to the GM.
  • RadstRadst Posts: 63

    I have picked up less than TEN eggs because I REFUSE to be played by this lazy game design that is the work of an irresponsible dev team.


    This quest obviously is going to benefit the 24/7 scripters that will auto recall all over places and pick up all the eggs, so why would I even want to try spending hours a day trying to do this manually?


    Oh yes, we also hear the quest sound all day at the egg NPC. Good for the scripters. Zero effort. Max profit.


  • poppspopps Posts: 3,026
    Pawain said:
    When all you have to do is run around and pick up an item that spawns in the same places, you can get a lot of those items.  Especially if you play many hours a day.

    You should see how many butchers I can kill when those are active. 

    An average player can get 300 eggs a day.
    We realize that 300 eggs a DAY (several hours...) means a mere 30 points ?

    And this, for hours and hour and hours of collecting eggs per day ?

    Now, for AFK players who just script the collecting of eggs using Third Party utilities, that is not an issue since their time is not involved... but for players who actually sit at the keyboard all those hours to collect eggs ?

    That IS an issue.... to my opinion.... hours and hours and hours per day only to get 30 points ?

    To others this might sound as reasonable but, personally, I value my real time a lot and so, no thanks, I'd rather spend my time doing else but collecting eggs....
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,077
    username said:
    ... yet no one is coming/going? Best case scenario you could only complete the quest 12 times before you'd have to go pick up 120 more eggs. Very noticeable on Atlantic trammel where it's now a ghost town (since it's moved to fel for the weekend) and there are several of the same players hidden 24/7 that never leave yet the quests keep being completed?

    Have ToT's been this much of a disaster that now people are just getting free ingots?
    Between botting the dungeon 24/7 and whatever this is, anyone still thinking "Account Bound" is a bad idea yet LOL?

    Guess empty house plots with a dozen vendors selling ingots is just the new normal and completely legit gameplay. Just like the vendors that had hundreds of each Shadowguard artifacts... LEGITIMATE GAMEPLAY.

    Just out of curiosity, how did you get that image of a bag full of ingots? You can't snoop in trammel.
    Incidentally, I collect eggs now and then as a break from the dungeon. I get them just fine on two shards. Perhaps on the shards I play the scripters don't know everywhere I look?
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,018
    username said:
    ... yet no one is coming/going? Best case scenario you could only complete the quest 12 times before you'd have to go pick up 120 more eggs. Very noticeable on Atlantic trammel where it's now a ghost town (since it's moved to fel for the weekend) and there are several of the same players hidden 24/7 that never leave yet the quests keep being completed?

    Have ToT's been this much of a disaster that now people are just getting free ingots?
    Between botting the dungeon 24/7 and whatever this is, anyone still thinking "Account Bound" is a bad idea yet LOL?

    Guess empty house plots with a dozen vendors selling ingots is just the new normal and completely legit gameplay. Just like the vendors that had hundreds of each Shadowguard artifacts... LEGITIMATE GAMEPLAY.

    Just out of curiosity, how did you get that image of a bag full of ingots? You can't snoop in trammel.
    Incidentally, I collect eggs now and then as a break from the dungeon. I get them just fine on two shards. Perhaps on the shards I play the scripters don't know everywhere I look?
    Probably a vendor bag
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • vortexvortex Posts: 135
    popps said:
    Pawain said:
    When all you have to do is run around and pick up an item that spawns in the same places, you can get a lot of those items.  Especially if you play many hours a day.

    You should see how many butchers I can kill when those are active. 

    An average player can get 300 eggs a day.
    We realize that 300 eggs a DAY (several hours...) means a mere 30 points ?

    And this, for hours and hour and hours of collecting eggs per day ?

    Now, for AFK players who just script the collecting of eggs using Third Party utilities, that is not an issue since their time is not involved... but for players who actually sit at the keyboard all those hours to collect eggs ?

    That IS an issue.... to my opinion.... hours and hours and hours per day only to get 30 points ?

    To others this might sound as reasonable but, personally, I value my real time a lot and so, no thanks, I'd rather spend my time doing else but collecting eggs....
    You've complained about other ways to get rewards beside being a "swinger" and got one and now... On great lakes I still get plenty of eggs over the 2 that script.
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 407
    vortex said:
    popps said:
    Pawain said:
    When all you have to do is run around and pick up an item that spawns in the same places, you can get a lot of those items.  Especially if you play many hours a day.

    You should see how many butchers I can kill when those are active. 

    An average player can get 300 eggs a day.
    We realize that 300 eggs a DAY (several hours...) means a mere 30 points ?

    And this, for hours and hour and hours of collecting eggs per day ?

    Now, for AFK players who just script the collecting of eggs using Third Party utilities, that is not an issue since their time is not involved... but for players who actually sit at the keyboard all those hours to collect eggs ?

    That IS an issue.... to my opinion.... hours and hours and hours per day only to get 30 points ?

    To others this might sound as reasonable but, personally, I value my real time a lot and so, no thanks, I'd rather spend my time doing else but collecting eggs....
    You've complained about other ways to get rewards beside being a "swinger" and got one and now... On great lakes I still get plenty of eggs over the 2 that script.
    Maybe those 2 think you are the scripter?
  • KazKaz Posts: 72
    The sound is from hidden people turning in.  Ive noticed a few scripters on my shard, brief glimpses of a name as they recall in/out and hide right away.  

    I farmed for eggs on Napa for a couple days.  Didnt take long to acquire the amount of eggs needed for a quiver.  
Sign In or Register to comment.