Reapers are going to cast again !

13»

Comments

• McDougle said:
    Does everyone shop naked? Even my crafter wears all 70s and i ran up to a reaper and it didn't instantly attack me at all 
    I do, but that's just cause i'm a freak . . .

We are not talking about real here.

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    McDougle said:
     At a meet and greet someone asked why they had stopped casting mesanne wasn't aware they had which some people thought was not ok much smack talk and hurt feelings  later hotfix....
    Ah ha! the m&g is the best place to report bugs. This forum is only for cookies.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    Superfrog said:
    Merus said:
    Superfrog said:
    Players: Fix Bugs!!
    Devs: *fixes a bug*
    Players: Not that bug!!!!
    Except… what if it’s not a bug.  What if it was a deliberate change made to address a specific player complaint that our Producer didn’t know about/remember?  Now she’s undone it and the same player complaint is being discussed.
    If it was done to address a specific player complaint, post a link to the documentation of it. If was an intentional thing then there must be several places it was stated, discussed and a publish note saying it was done.

This web page has barely the minimum info, and you want it to have logs of a time before this page existed.. seriously?  :#
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,406
    Just redo the hot fix problems solved and people are happy again 

• SuperfrogSuperfrog Posts: 96
    edited April 2022
    Archangel said:
    Superfrog said:
    Merus said:
    Superfrog said:
    Except… what if it’s not a bug.  What if it was a deliberate change made to address a specific player complaint that our Producer didn’t know about/remember?  Now she’s undone it and the same player complaint is being discussed.
    If it was done to address a specific player complaint, post a link to the documentation of it. If was an intentional thing then there must be several places it was stated, discussed and a publish note saying it was done.

This web page has barely the minimum info, and you want it to have logs of a time before this page existed.. seriously?  :#
    There is the "Unofficial, Official" Forums from that Time period and then there are the Patch/Publish notes archives on UO.com. So if it was done officially for a reason, there will be documentation somewhere. the only thing I could find on Stratics was this thread where someone noticed it.  Here
    Can you even find documentation of it ever being stopped? 
    edited April 2022
    66 comments for such a small issue, might as well turn it back off. No one was complaining about Reapers and getting locked threads because reapers aren't casting spells.

Please solve those bugs where there are more complains, esp. those where moderators keep shutting us out. The more they lock, the worse is the issue.
    Seth said:
    66 comments for such a small issue, might as well turn it back off. No one was complaining about Reapers and getting locked threads because reapers aren't casting spells.

Please solve those bugs where there are more complains, esp. those where moderators keep shutting us out. The more they lock, the worse is the issue.
    Now you're talking!   B)
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Seth said:

100%
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

• Nah, it's pure awesome-sauce. let's crank their Magery and Eval to 120 and make Meteor swarm  their go to spell. oh, and 10/10 casting

Nah, it's pure awesome-sauce. let's crank their Magery and Eval to 120 and make Meteor swarm  their go to spell. oh, and 10/10 casting

If it's ok for saliva it's ok for reapers. 
     :D 
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Threads usually get locked when they go off the rails like this one seems to be.  
    edited April 2022
    dvvid said:
    Threads usually get locked when they go off the rails like this one seems to be.  
    I believe only one good post is required to explain one issue.

The other posts are mostly to add comments, show support, or add more points.

But when there is Zero response from the team, what is customer expected to do?

We login, play the game as usual, and we see the same old problem, come back to the forum, and see no response.

What do you expect us to post next? If we vent our anger, we get locked which is same as "shut up we hear you".

Then we start to joke to make our day better and we also get locked which says, "shut up, find your consolation elsewhere."

edit: No its "shut up, if you have nothing more to add". 

Well, we are wondering what to write when a problem is not solved.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,257
    Seth said:
    dvvid said:
    I believe only one good post is required to explain one issue.

The other posts are mostly to add comments, show support, or add more points.

But when there is Zero response from the team, what is customer expected to do?

We login, play the game as usual, and we see the same old problem, come back to the forum, and see no response.

What do you expect us to post next? If we vent our anger, we get locked which is same as "shut up we hear you".

Then we start to joke to make our day better and we also get locked which says, "shut up, find your consolation elsewhere."

edit: No its "shut up, if you have nothing more to add". 

Well, we are wondering what to write when a problem is not solved.
    Or it is shut up we do not want to hear it or we are tired of hearing it.  Either way a simple post from UO would go al long long way.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,112
    Superfrog said:
    Merus said:
    Superfrog said:
    Demon Cheek Sandwiches were mis spelled, now they are not.  There are many other times when things change in UO and are not documented.  You must not have been around the first few weeks of Publish 97. Pets were changing often till they got them where they wanted them.  Reptalon Paralyze was a major nerf.  Not documented. 2 reptalons could keep a target paralyzed indefinately.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    Superfrog said:
    Merus said:
    Superfrog said:
    Demon Cheek Sandwiches were mis spelled, now they are not.  There are many other times when things change in UO and are not documented.  You must not have been around the first few weeks of Publish 97. Pets were changing often till they got them where they wanted them.  Reptalon Paralyze was a major nerf.  Not documented. 2 reptalons could keep a target paralyzed indefinately.
    Just because things were done incorrectly before doesn't mean it must continue..
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited April 2022
    “I think it’s very sad that this bug went so long before it was reported as people self gained from it like the person who had a castle in the reaper Forrest from the Stratics forum.
    if I knew about it I’d have reported it, but like I say I didn’t notice as all of my chars - even my crafter does not shop naked.

i think it also goes to show a problem with bugs taking a long time to fix, people get used to playing the game in easy mode and complain when the game is returned to its (better) intended style. 

A bit like how people now think nothing of logging out with their pet for various nefarious reasons and think it’s part of the game - and don’t even bother carrying a pet ball of summoning - of which some developer evidently wasted their time designing (beautifully I might add) and went through an absolute ton of testing and tweaking. It’s a really complex piece of engineering”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    You mean those balls that do not work in dungeons?  The place where your pet AI will not follow you around corners so they get lost.  Pets get hung on the Paladins in Luna  Banksit and watch how dumb pet AI is.
    Yoshi said:
    “I think it’s very sad that this bug went so long before it was reported as people self gained from it like the person who had a castle in the reaper Forrest from the Stratics forum.
    if I knew about it I’d have reported it, but like I say I didn’t notice as all of my chars - even my crafter does not shop naked.

i think it also goes to show a problem with bugs taking a long time to fix, people get used to playing the game in easy mode and complain when the game is returned to its (better) intended style. 

A bit like how people now think nothing of logging out with their pet for various nefarious reasons and think it’s part of the game - and don’t even bother carrying a pet ball of summoning - of which some developer evidently wasted their time designing (beautifully I might add) and went through an absolute ton of testing and tweaking. It’s a really complex piece of engineering”
    We can agree there are a lot of things to fix, but your constant focus on specific issues which the Dev has openly allowed is your own opinion.

Most of us have no issue with this pet logout method.

Appreciate that you stop steering the Dev to fix things according to your agenda. 
    We have a poster that does not know how to use his thrower that brings up the same complaint ad nausem.
    Now now my thrower does just fine but that doesn't change the fact that gargoyles get short changed with no armor reduction its an advantage they have zero way of achieving 
  • McDougle said:
    Now now my thrower does just fine but that doesn't change the fact that gargoyles get short changed with no armor reduction its an advantage they have zero way of achieving 
    Well, they could use a race change and get an armored swampy. Ohhhhh, you mean achieving it as a Gargoyle.   >:)

McDougle said:
    Well, they could use a race change and get an armored swampy. Ohhhhh, you mean achieving it as a Gargoyle.   >:)

See I'm willing to sacrifice say weapon range,flying speed etc UO always about choice in this area gargoyles have none..