What is wrong with Twisted Weald ?

poppspopps Posts: 3,903
edited March 2022 in General Discussions

This is the second time it happens to be, the first time I had no clue, the second, since it happened after quite a long time, I simply had forgotten about it.

What is it that I am talking about ?

Cursed items, but, mind you, not weapons or armor or jewellery that are cursed, but stuff Like Mastery Books or Alacrity scrolls, if one dies in the Twistead Weald, do not stay with the players' corpse and get recovered like everything else, but, for who knows what reasons and following what odd logic, fall to the ground and if the player does not notice them, they stay there to rot and decay, unless someone notices them....

And no, I am positive that they were not on my corpse because, after double clicking it to recover all my stuff, I DID click on "open corpse" and opened it and saw nothing inside left.... yet, the Mastery 3s and the Alacrity scrolls were neither on my alive backpack nor in my dead body corpse... and I did not see them on the ground either or, at least, they were not clearly visible...as I said, I was in a rush to have to log off....

This is the second time that I lost a few millions in Mastery Books and Alacrity scrolls that I had on myself because I died accidentally due to getting discorded by a Satyr there.

After getting ressed at the Anhk, I went back to my corpse, double clicked it, did not think about those items which I had going straight to the ground rather then into my corpse and, thus, being retrievable with all of the other items which I had on me, and since I was in a rush as I had to log off, I did not think nor pay attention to the ground and.... voila'.... mastery books (3) and Alacrity scrolls (about 6 or 7 of quite a cost) gone.... unless anyone was there, saw them, and picked them up which I hope for them, but I seriously doubt....

Only this 2nd time, I lost a good 15M worth of stuff...

This is wrong, so wrong that I cannot even start thinking how much wrong.

They should stay with the corpse, like everything else, and the player, upon double clicking their corpse after ressing, should recover them instantly just like the rest of their uninsured stuff.

This thing that they fall to the ground, instead, is dead wrong, to my opinion.

Comments

• JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 883
    The scrolls were most probably looted by an NPC. Did you notice the rummages through a corpse and takes an item message?  Unless you are in a guild with looting rights players cannot take your items.   Mastery books are incurable or blessed are they not.   If you can, if it ever happens again remember to take a screenshot to help with any bug report 

you only need to carry one mastery book aswell. I assume you are.  
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    The scrolls were most probably looted by an NPC. Did you notice the rummages through a corpse and takes an item message?  Unless you are in a guild with looting rights players cannot take your items.   Mastery books are incurable or blessed are they not.   If you can, if it ever happens again remember to take a screenshot to help with any bug report 

you only need to carry one mastery book aswell. I assume you are.  
    Well, the 1st time this happened to me Ilost like 4 or 5 Mastery 3 books because I forgot to drop them in bank and had them with me when I died in Twistead Weald and they were NOT with my corpse when I double clicked it after ressing.... I had no idea that they could fall to the ground rather then staying with my corps, so, I did not even pay attention to the ground, I quickly double clicked my corpse, and then moved away.... then, after a while, I looked for them, and could not find them in my backpack, no, I was not stolen by a Guild member because that character was not in a Guild...  when I went back to where my character died, trying to find them, unfortunately, the corpse had already decayed....

This 2nd time, I had forgotten of what happened the 1st time and had 1 Mastery 3 book only but, like 5 or 6 Alacrity scrolls on me...

After ressing, I double clicked the corpse, then "opened up" the corpse, saw nothing in it, and thought that I had recovered all of my stuff.... instead, this was not the case for that Mastery 3 book and for those 5 or 6 Alacrity scrolls.... all in all, about a 15M loss because, when I rushed back to where I died in Twisted Weald, my corpse, once again, had already decayed... again, not possible that I was stolen by a Guild Member, the character is not in a Guild....

I find this stupid to loose stuff this way, stuff should stay with one's own corpse and get retrieved when double clicking it... EVEN if one was to get overloaded...

Now, after I get ressed and go to my corpse to retrieve stuff, I ALWAYS open up the corpse because it has happened to me that, if I am overloaded, double clicking my corpse leaves some stuff on the corpse, which should not be, to my opinion.... ALL that is in the corpse should be retrieved, regardless whether one gets overloaded or not.... THEN, after retrieving the stuff, one should deal with that status and decide what to discard, if any, or eat some Trinsic Petals to increase strength of cast the strength spell and what not.... but definitely, NOTHING should remain inside one's own corpse to rot and decay, inadvertedly....

It really looks stupid to me, to loose stuff this way.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited March 2022
    "perhaps rather than being overloaded (weight) you were somehow overloaded with items, i think backpack can take 125 items, not sure if you somehow picked up some additional items first before retrieving your corpse and that maybe brought you over the 125 item cap, 
    just guessing at this stage

Did you press your dress macro before retrieving your corpse? "
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    Sounds like a monsters looted some of your stuff to me. But don't worry because the Devs finally gave you one of your request! Feel free to use the monster loot chalice to prevent this for 2 hours each day. 

Pro tip: If you touch  the chalice and then log off... wait until the next day around same time (up to 2 hours prior to touching it); you can have FOUR HOURS of unlootable God mode in Tram  B)

On your second item, mastery books are blessed so they won't drop on your corpse (unless you are messing with some max item thing like Yoshi said) but regardless these are like 10k gp because they don't actually hold any of your masteries. If you pick up another book all of your masteries are still there.
  • KhyroKhyro Posts: 227
    Are you using Help Stuck when you die by chance? Twisted Weald has a champ spawn (Twaulo of the Glade), and scrolls/primers drop to the ground if you help stuck out of a champ spawn area.
    https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

The more you asks questions, the more vague he gets, once you crow bar the truth out of him, and he learns HE. has made another mistake he decides to go quiet and no longer add comments to avoid even more embarrassment.......

100% popps has made a mistake due to not knowing the game mechanics, and will be hell bent on getting something changed to suit him. looks to me he does not spend enough time on a particular char as he is jumping form topic to topic on here, it was fishing last week?

the fact he doe snot know alacrities will stay on corpse or be looted convinces me this is his mistake or lack of knowledge rather than a game bug
    edited March 2022
    Khyro said:
    Are you using Help Stuck when you die by chance? Twisted Weald has a champ spawn (Twaulo of the Glade), and scrolls/primers drop to the ground if you help stuck out of a champ spawn area.
    "This is a better answer than mine, i forgot there is a champ altar there, 
    because in my scenario of having too many items, the remainder would be left on the corpse

I think also if you just hide and log out in a champ area they drop on the ground, well, when you log back in and get teleported under champ spawn/stealthing rules"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    As for the 2nd time. I bet he looted the first body seeing as it was empty 
    And true to form. Realised he ballsed up and disappears off to think of the next catastrophe that will need fixing immediately, well after a good old debating session anyway 
    Yoshi said:
    "perhaps rather than being overloaded (weight) you were somehow overloaded with items, i think backpack can take 125 items, not sure if you somehow picked up some additional items first before retrieving your corpse and that maybe brought you over the 125 item cap, 
    just guessing at this stage

Did you press your dress macro before retrieving your corpse? "
    No, usually, when I die, I double click my corpse and that dresses me up instantly, I find it faster as compared to using my dress macro....

Unless, I died in a dangerous place and I need my suit on before reaching my corpse..... but Twisted Weald is a safe place, usually, unless one has negative Karma....
    keven2002 said:
    Sounds like a monsters looted some of your stuff to me. But don't worry because the Devs finally gave you one of your request! Feel free to use the monster loot chalice to prevent this for 2 hours each day. 

Pro tip: If you touch  the chalice and then log off... wait until the next day around same time (up to 2 hours prior to touching it); you can have FOUR HOURS of unlootable God mode in Tram  B)

On your second item, mastery books are blessed so they won't drop on your corpse (unless you are messing with some max item thing like Yoshi said) but regardless these are like 10k gp because they don't actually hold any of your masteries. If you pick up another book all of your masteries are still there.
    It was not the Book that "holds" the Masteries that was not on my corpse, but the Mastery Primer, the one which one uses to "learn" a Mastery...

The 1st time this happened to me, I had several Primers 3 which I forgot to store at a safe place. When I died, they did not get back to my main backpack and neither where on my corpse but, I suppose, they fell onto the ground, I did not notice them, and then they decayed...

This 2nd time, I lost one Primer 3 plus like 5 or 6 Alacrity scrolls... both times this happened in Twisted Weald, where the Champ Altar is.
    Khyro said:
    No, both times this happened near the Champ Altar but, after dyeing, I went to the Anhk where the Sacrifice Moongate is, got ressed, and then went back to my corpse, recovered my stuff (or I thought I recovered all my stuff...), and then rushed back to the Moongate to go elsewhere and log off....

The 1st time I lost like 4 or 5 Primers 3 which I had on me, they did not go to my corpse since when I double clicked my corpse they did not get into my main backpack, this 2nd time, I lost again one Primer 3 which I had on me that I was planning to use, and about 5 or 6 Alacrities which I also wanted to use.... when I double clicked my corpse to retrieve my stuff, they never appeared on my main backpack so, again, they must have fallen onto the ground and I did not pay attention to it.

Then, when I went back to the area as I realized that I was missing them, they were nowhere to be seen, likely decayed, because too much time had lapsed when I realized that they were missing....
    edited March 2022
    The more you asks questions, the more vague he gets, once you crow bar the truth out of him, and he learns HE. has made another mistake he decides to go quiet and no longer add comments to avoid even more embarrassment.......

100% popps has made a mistake due to not knowing the game mechanics, and will be hell bent on getting something changed to suit him. looks to me he does not spend enough time on a particular char as he is jumping form topic to topic on here, it was fishing last week?

the fact he doe snot know alacrities will stay on corpse or be looted convinces me this is his mistake or lack of knowledge rather than a game bug
    I am sorry, but I was not logged.... that is why I was "quiet", because I had stuff to do in real life.... sometimes that happens.....

The primer 3 and the alacrities were NOT on my corpse because : 

1) - When I double clicked my corpse they got not retrieved to my main backpack ;

2) - After I double clicked my corpse, to make sure that nothing was left on the corpse, I did open the corpse and I saw nothing in it.

So, my only guess can be that they did not get on my corpse but fall onto the ground, and then probably decayed, unless someone passed by, saw them, and picked them up....
    Yoshi said:
    Khyro said:
    "This is a better answer than mine, i forgot there is a champ altar there, 
    because in my scenario of having too many items, the remainder would be left on the corpse

I think also if you just hide and log out in a champ area they drop on the ground, well, when you log back in and get teleported under champ spawn/stealthing rules"
    Oddily enough, both times that this happened to me, I died relatively close to that Altar.... yet, I did not use the help stuck... so, it must be something that works like help stuck when one dies and drops stuff onto the ground....

Not sure what it could be, though....
    edited March 2022

were you stealthing? And logged out and in? - perhaps to retrieve a pet

because stealthing/hiding and logging out near a champ will drop them on the floor. It’s a pvp rule about champs”
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    FYI
    Don't drop stuff on the ground at spawns or encounters.  They will go poof in some areas.

We have had players drop a Luck statue before roof begins for others to use and it went poof.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited March 2022
    “Pawain that issue is unique to the roof encounter AFAIK,
    actually, might have happened to me in underwater too, not sure now”
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    Pesky quick sand.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Why would you have several level 3 primers randomly in your pack then decide to do a champ spawn? 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • McDougle said:
    Why would you have several level 3 primers randomly in your pack then decide to do a champ spawn? 
    He was Botting and his script glitched out and his Character died? just spit-balling ideas here . . .
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

edited March 2022
    “There are legit reasons for carrying mastery volumes for training certain skills without immediately eating vol III, also being in twisted Weald sounds like he was training on satys doing a satyr trick
    also if he was carrying alacrity scrolls sounds like training too
    all seems legit to me”
    Yoshi said:
    “There are legit reasons for carrying mastery volumes for training certain skills without immediately eating vol III, also being in twisted Weald sounds like he was training on satys doing a satyr trick
    also if he was carrying alacrity scrolls sounds like training too
    all seems legit to me”

He specifically said several 3s..
    Yoshi said:

were you stealthing? And logged out and in? - perhaps to retrieve a pet

because stealthing/hiding and logging out near a champ will drop them on the floor. It’s a pvp rule about champs”
    No, I was visible, hit wrong macro, Satyr killed me and had no pet so, no logging out and back in to retrieve a pet....
    McDougle said:
    I had them, because I forgot to store them away in a safe container.... had bought them off a Vendor, then got distracted and forgot that I had them on my character....

But that is not the point....

I dyed, by the Twisted Weald Champ Altar, when to the Sacrifice Moongate Anhk to get ressed, rushed back to corpse, double clicked corpse to retrieve ALL my stuff, included those Primers, yet, they did not come back to my alive main backpack, did not stay with my corpse because it was empty, and, therefore, I assume for some odd reasons they dropped to the ground, rather then going to my corpse...

Yes, because I was in a hurry to log off, I did not carefully check the ground but : 

1) - I was not expecting them to go to the ground ;

2) - They should have never gone to the ground, but, rather, into my corpse, and me, double clicking my corpse should have retrieved them all.... as I said, I did open up my corpse after double clicking it to retrieve all of my uninsured stuff, to make sure that nothing was left in it and, it was empty...
    popps said:
    McDougle said:
    I had them, because I forgot to store them away in a safe container.... had bought them off a Vendor, then got distracted and forgot that I had them on my character....

I dyed, by the Twisted Weald Champ Altar, when to the Sacrifice Moongate Anhk to get ressed, rushed back to corpse, double clicked corpse to retrieve ALL my stuff, included those Primers, yet, they did not come back to my alive main backpack, did not stay with my corpse because it was empty, and, therefore, I assume for some odd reasons they dropped to the ground, rather then going to my corpse...

Yes, because I was in a hurry to log off, I did not carefully check the ground but : 

2) - They should have never gone to the ground, but, rather, into my corpse, and me, double clicking my corpse should have retrieved them all.... as I said, I did open up my corpse after double clicking it to retrieve all of my uninsured stuff, to make sure that nothing was left in it and, it was empty...
    Had you died multiple times? Often in say hythloth i would die repeatedly and it would be difficult to find correct corpse? If your karma went negative perhaps from killing Cu's leaving the area can be deadly?
    McDougle said:
    popps said:
    McDougle said:

Had you died multiple times? Often in say hythloth i would die repeatedly and it would be difficult to find correct corpse? If your karma went negative perhaps from killing Cu's leaving the area can be deadly?
    To answer your questions, I died only once, once the 1st time that I lost several Primers 3, and died only once the 2nd time when I lost 1 Primer 3 and 5 or 6 Alacrity scrolls.
    No, I did not go negative karma as I was not killing positive Karma MoBs.
  • 1st world problems . . .
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Why do u carry so many mastery books and scrolls for a champ spawn. We usually clear our bags after each round.

Forget it they are gone. They didn't even bother to return my traceable, lost pet bought from UO store using $$$ Cash.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Seth said:
    Why do u carry so many mastery books and scrolls for a champ spawn. We usually clear our bags after each round.

Forget it they are gone. They didn't even bother to return my traceable, lost pet bought from UO store using $$$ Cash.
    Not once but twice he had millions of stuff in his pack...
    edited March 2022
    Seth said:

I mentioned it but, apparently, it was overlooked so I will once again explain it...

The 1st time this happened to me, in Twisted Weald and by the Altar, I had like 5 or 6 Primers 3, no scrolls, which I had recently purchased off a Vendor then, because I had to do else, I got distracted and totally forgot about having them in my backpack. I got unfortunately killed at Twisted Weald, by the Altar, and the Primers went to the ground, not stayed with my corpse, I overlooked them (did not know), and they decayed....

The 2nd time, I only had 1 Primer and like 5 or 6 Alacrity Scrolls which I needed for training reasons, and this was why I had them with me. Due to hitting a wrong marco by mistake, I got targeted by a bunch of MoBs there, and died.
    This 2nd time, I should have remembered of my 1st incident but, as it happens sometimes with one's own memory, I had forgotten about it, did not think that, once again, the Primer would have fallen to the ground, along with the scrolls, and not gone to my corpse, so, overlooked them, also I was in a hurry to log off, so got ressed at the Anhk, run back to corpse, double clicked it, and then run back to Moongate to a place where I could safely log off.

Both times, due to this falling to the ground and overlooking about them, I lost several Primers 3 and Alacrity scrolls.... I would say like in the 30M total in between the 2 incidents, possibly, and this, only because those items where coded to fall to the ground, rather then going into my corpse as I think they should have had to.