Took a break.. Broken stuff that has gotten worse.

CodyCody Posts: 30
edited January 2022 in PvP / VvV
So, Just posting to get a little feedback. I took a break for about a year, came back after seeing not many changes to PVP(I know shocker.)
After a mere few days back and some fights.. Things that definitely need to be addressed.
Mutiple people running around throwing constant poison stars. (I thought this was fixed but apparently its not...) If you switch between belts, there is a simple global action timer instead of the intended timer between throws. (So obviously just running a 3rd party client to swap between and throw, making it so u can throw star after star after star like a shotgun.)
Need to adjust timer regardless of if u swap belts or not.

Target Relative wall of stone(obviously been mentioned well before.. pretty impossible to stop with third party programs not being frowned upon.) 

Mutiple people running around yew on wrestle mages that are running a disarm nearest..(So if youre in a big group fight and someone comes in wrestle range of you it will automatically toggle disarm and attack.) In big group fights youll have enemy mages and be running near or past them bump into them and somehow get disarmed when they are completely on another target. Been admitted by many that it is chessy.. yet no way to deal with it. (Not sure if enhanced client has a death general chat message option.. that 4-5 people literally spam gen chat everytime someone dies.. might be a way to start to crackdown on third party program exploitation.. but who knows)

Many other things that need attention but hard to address. (auto apple as soon as mortaled, Auto box little milliseconds after para shot/paralyzed)
Teleport relative by someone auto toggle focus attack for random templates flying out of no where and get a splinter.. tele ring splinter.. 

Whole Orange thing is bogus, Can be blue, flag a VVV flagged person they go VVV without crim. then can ran around in VVV, if you kill them they become blue again, but yet still flagged to the person they initally attacked(as long as you get back to combat before flag timer resets.) So then you have random blues running around only trying to gank the one or two people there still flagged on and you cant do anything because you go criminal attacking them. (Make it so if you go VVV or flag a VVV person thats blue you go crim and can get gwhacked.) 

Would be cool to see some new content for PVP..
An arena style format where say any number people can sign up for a team(say 10), and an opposing team can also sign up with the same number of players(10.) and queue up just like arena is set now. Obviously Set this in a larger format style and maybe an objective but at this point just being able to organize fights would be nice. 

Would love to hear other peoples feedback. But overall ALOT has changed in the last year, none of which has came from the developers adding/changing thing--but merely things getting abused beyond belief. 

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited January 2022
    “I did not even know that machine gunning the shurikens was a bug/work around, I’ll look into it.

as for a blue flagging on a vvv person, if they initially flag you in a guard zone you can call guards right at that point, not sure why you can’t call guards after. Maybe I can identify a behaviour problem here too.

Other stuff with target relative I don’t think there’s anything they can do about that aside from not allowing third party clients which I don’t think they would entertain”

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    “(well, I was aware there were different timers for the fukiya darts and ninja stars)”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited January 2022
    Cody said:

Mutiple people running around throwing constant poison stars. (I thought this was fixed but apparently its not...) If you switch between belts, there is a simple global action timer instead of the intended timer between throws. (So obviously just running a 3rd party client to swap between and throw, making it so u can throw star after star after star like a shotgun.)

"I was not able to reproduce this issue, multiple belts shared the same timer (the timer on the ninja belts is actually quite short anyway), could just be switching between fukiya dart and ninja belt, either way can be done on official clients"

Cody said:

Whole Orange thing is bogus, Can be blue, flag a VVV flagged person they go VVV without crim. then can ran around in VVV, if you kill them they become blue again, but yet still flagged to the person they initally attacked(as long as you get back to combat before flag timer resets.) So then you have random blues running around only trying to gank the one or two people there still flagged on and you cant do anything because you go criminal attacking them. (Make it so if you go VVV or flag a VVV person thats blue you go crim and can get gwhacked.) 

"could not reproduce this issue either actually"
  • LynkLynk Posts: 185
    Does your guild know you're complaining about their tactics on the UO forums?
    Cody said:
     (So obviously just running a 3rd party client to swap between and throw, making it so u can throw star after star after star like a shotgun.)
    Do you not know what a shotgun is?
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    Lynk said:
    Cody said:
     (So obviously just running a 3rd party client to swap between and throw, making it so u can throw star after star after star like a shotgun.)
    Do you not know what a shotgun is?

RIP ol Shotgun Randy
  • CodyCody Posts: 30
    Cody said:
    So, Just posting to get a little feedback. I took a break for about a year, came back after seeing not many changes to PVP(I know shocker.)
    After a mere few days back and some fights.. Things that definitely need to be addressed.

Target Relative wall of stone(obviously been mentioned well before.. pretty impossible to stop with third party programs not being frowned upon.) 

Mutiple people running around yew on wrestle mages that are running a disarm nearest..(So if youre in a big group fight and someone comes in wrestle range of you it will automatically toggle disarm and attack.) In big group fights youll have enemy mages and be running near or past them bump into them and somehow get disarmed when they are completely on another target. Been admitted by many that it is chessy.. yet no way to deal with it. (Not sure if enhanced client has a death general chat message option.. that 4-5 people literally spam gen chat everytime someone dies.. might be a way to start to crackdown on third party program exploitation.. but who knows)

Many other things that need attention but hard to address. (auto apple as soon as mortaled, Auto box little milliseconds after para shot/paralyzed)
    Teleport relative by someone auto toggle focus attack for random templates flying out of no where and get a splinter.. tele ring splinter.. 

Would be cool to see some new content for PVP..
    An arena style format where say any number people can sign up for a team(say 10), and an opposing team can also sign up with the same number of players(10.) and queue up just like arena is set now. Obviously Set this in a larger format style and maybe an objective but at this point just being able to organize fights would be nice. 

Would love to hear other peoples feedback. But overall ALOT has changed in the last year, none of which has came from the developers adding/changing thing--but merely things getting abused beyond belief. 
    Edit: after Lynk so tried to prove a point, the proper analogy would be like a automatic rifle, not shotgun. My mistake.. glad you guys got the brunt of the point though.. ffs trolls
    Lol holy shit this thread aged well. 

R; Cody
    edited December 2022
    Cody said:

"Apologies, I have now been able to reproduce this issue after witnessing a player using it in the field, will create a bug report"
    edited February 2023
    "bug report was raised for the exploit for throwing 2 x shuriken/fukiya dart with full repro details and forum admin closed the thread, but exploit still in use daily sorry, not sure when will be fixed
    maybe @Rorschach knows since he closed"
    edited February 2023
    "i literally have no clue why its still possible TODAY to run around and perform double shurikan exploit on live shard all day,
    and not even bannable

the + infinite skill exploit was fixed in 36hours

there is no further action i can take to fix the issue, it's not my fault, i am trying v v hard to improve game but keep hitting admin hurdles, which includes threads being closed, threads being deleted.
    There are certain seemingly malicious people out to block improvements in the game and block things from getting fixed for reasons unclear"