Suggestion: Add A Water Source to Bakeries

It would be helpful if all bakeries and public kitchens (e.g., the one west of the Zento bank) had some type of water source that a player could use to fill a water pitcher.  The Koku Kitchens in Zento are fortunately close to a pond you can use to fill a water pitcher.  But many bakeries stopped being close to accessible water once it become impossible to fill water pitchers from the ocean.  

Maybe an endless open barrel or bucket of water, or a copper cauldron of water, or a water pump could be added to bakeries and public kitchens? Would make it a lot easier for players to actually cook in one of these locations without needing a backpack full of water pitchers.

Comments

• RockRock Posts: 567
    I agree.
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,106
    Yes! Please
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    Pitr said:
    Those can only be linked to water sources in a player's house, e.g., a water trough.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,352
    might I suggest that while you wait for this to happen you do your baking in New Haven, where you'll find there is a trough in the baker shop.
    I always use the Zento bank because of the pond and the bank.  But you can't turn in BODs and get city loyalty in either Zento or Haven, so it would be nice if the cities where you can earn city loyalty had some kind of water source in the bakery/kitchen so you can just fill BODs and turn them in at the same place. 
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    edited May 2018
    Requiring npcs to have water in their bakeries the way players are required to have water at home, only makes sense. I guess there's the option of setting up an NPC bartender/waitress or whomever sells jugs of water...but then you gotta keep buying water. I've never done that, do they run out of stock ?
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    I noticed that the Good Eats in Britain has a water trough. The other taverns and bakeries I checked in the towns that give city loyalty did not have water troughs or other water sources.
  • ParnocParnoc Posts: 236
    As Petra says, there is a water trough there and it's easy to link your pitcher to that while you work there, then just change it back when you get home.  Or if you do it all the time you could even have 2 water pitchers, one for bakery, one for home.
  • Dot_WarnerDot_Warner Posts: 233
    It might be a good idea, and good world-building, for each shop in every town to have the proper tools...and some appropriate decor. 

This would serve two purposes: allowing people to freely craft and to make UO cities look less like a collection of drab empty boxes. (Cities should look more like Zento, and less post-apocalyptic.)
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    I wonder if we could have the EM's help us go around and add them to each place. Might be a cool shard project. Support your local budding cook project! A building type ever so often could be chosen until they are all complete. Our EM went around and put a bunch of rustic benches down. It actually gave our blank city of Britain a "Roller Coaster Tycoon" vibe!