EC/CC Macro function discrepancy

YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322

On Enhanced client you can create the following macro:
Target Nearest Follower, use targeted object.

This will allow you to mount your horse regardless of whether or not you're in combat mode

Classic client equivalent:
SelectNearestFollower, UseSelectedTarget.

Will mount your pet in peace mode, when in combat mode will not mount your pet (will attempt to attack your mount)

Expected result: to mount pet in classic client regardless of war/peace status.

please add "this makes it necessary to use a third party application to play classic client"
"-+-

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited August 2021
    "Just to clarify why this macro on CC is causing grief but not on EC, you cannot add a macro line to bring yourself into peace mode

as the macro is a toggle, so if you're already in peace mode you enter war mode"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    "it's possible for fix? "
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Try the TAB button
    edited September 2021
    "There is an option for hold down tab key for combat, instead of tapping it to toggle combat mode.

But both options keep tab as toggle for war mode, so you cannot add this line to the macro as if you're in peace mode, it toggles war mode on.

At the moment official CC client users must first determine their war state before running said macro, and if in incorrect state must change state, this is additional time, at that point an opponent is able to poison your nearest follower (mount) or even 1 hit kill with frenzied whirlwind while you're busy determining state and correcting state. "
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    ,Why are you trying to make something so hard when it is already there for quick on/off and if you want it to stay just hit the peace on your Paperdoll for wat and hit war for peace.  The CC is NOT the EC so yes things will be different and this only is a problem with you
    "okay but unofficial client does not have this issue either"
    edited September 2021
    "i am having many complications with this issue, because you do not have control over your war/peace mode,
    everytime you attack nearest hostile, this will automatically put you into war mode

the expected result in the OP is still the correct action to take"
    "this is causing end of play for me"
    "end of game again"
    "please this is very very bad bug"
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    No Spamming or Bumping - Posts with little or no content intended merely to raise a thread to the top of the board will be removed. Threads addressing the same topic on multiple forums will be removed.
    edited January 2022
    "it means 50% of time you waste 16th anniversary horse or VvV mount because you can't mount because there's 50/50 chance of you being in war or peace, they are not cheap anymore, i ran out of duped ones.

and 50% of time die also normally because cannot mount pet

Why we have to pay double money for using official client?"
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    This constant admission of cheating is gonna get sooner or later 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    "additional info, failure to mount occurs regardless if
    block war on mount
    is checked"
    "block war on *pets"

• hunter11hunter11 Posts: 223
    I agree classic client has disadvantages in 1000x places but this seems like it could be fixed on their end
    hunter11 said:
    I agree classic client has disadvantages in 1000x places but this seems like it could be fixed on their end
    Cc has auto follow ec doesn't two different clients you CHOOSE then live with your decision  ..
    edited February 2022
    "I close accounts until fixed

I don't want to download cheats and you can't force me to, rather just not play"
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited February 2022
    If (event) has bugs Then
    Submit bugs

ElseIf Debug is null Then
    Avoid bugs

ElseIf everything has bugs Then
    Close account

Else
    Keep playing

End If

Can I apply to be a programmer?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Yoshi said:
    "I close accounts until fixed

I don't want to download cheats and you can't force me to, rather just not play"
    I think it's the second time you've quit this week we admire you and your devotion to being the last honest pvper can we have your stuff?
    edited February 2022
    “2022 and still cant even mount your own horse on official classic client…
    is this why you’re letting people use absolutely any third party software without consequences?”
    edited April 2022
    "to clarify the issue, do not have time to go from war mode to peace mode, as opponents on live shard have software to automatically pull enemy bars (and enemy mount bars) and automatically throw shuriken/dart at mount.
    Automatic for the people.
    So any delay is not playable vs "special" players

please make us shiney happy people"
    edited May 2022
    "to play offical classic client it now costs 3.5mill each time this macro fails.
    some people cannot afford to play official client at this cost.

If they don't know how to fix, perhaps they can add a disclaimer about using official classic client here to say it will cost double gold to play
    "

So we are allowed to bump threads now?
    edited May 2022
    "Rorschach can hide bugs he don't want fixed anyway

as if fixing a bug on CC will somehow affect his play on EC.."
    edited May 2022
    "It's possible to allow people to play in fel on official client soon?
    or it's still not supported?

many people (myself inc) don't feel comfortable downloading third party client just to mount pet during combat

you should let people play on official client, or at least provide a safe download for third party software if you're forcing people to use to play"
    "if unable to fix this bug, perhaps instead you should disable the auto shurikan enemy mount script that people run, maybe have that option greyed out for the unoffical client users so they can't check it.

then it's perhaps possible to manually mount pet using double click"
    edited August 2022
    "this is scheduled for engineer fix soon, will be able to play as a warrior on official client soon"