[UO.Com] Publish 111 Worldwide

13

Comments

  • CookieCookie Posts: 907

    Benefits;

    1. Stopping players abusing pet storage long term.

    2. Reducing amount of pets being lost - not 100% eliminating in extreme cases, but reducing for the normal player-base.

    That's all there is to it, why is this an issue?

    Unless you are in subset 1. and abusing this system, and unhappy it is being fixed.

  • poppspopps Posts: 2,484
    Cookie said:

    Benefits;

    1. Stopping players abusing pet storage long term.

    2. Reducing amount of pets being lost - not 100% eliminating in extreme cases, but reducing for the normal player-base.

    That's all there is to it, why is this an issue?

    Unless you are in subset 1. and abusing this system, and unhappy it is being fixed.

    How is addressing players need for increased storage an "abuse", if I may ask ?

    With every new Event, players get given lots and lots of new items.

    These new items ADD UP with the older, existing items thus creating increased storage needs for players.

    YET, we call the need of players for increased storage because of new items being introduced in UO over and over and over, an "abuse" ?

    Give me a break......
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 723
    edited September 22
    “It’s been a while since I went mining but, if you had a bonded loaded pack horse/llama before (before pub 111), did it not just remain in game when you logged out and go wild? 

    I am also sure there is no negative addition here and all positive for bonded pet owners”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 252
    edited September 22
    why not make EJ account can’t bond pets, or just can’t bond pack animals ….geez…so stupid 
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 942
    edited September 22
    popps said:
    Cookie said:

    Benefits;

    1. Stopping players abusing pet storage long term.

    2. Reducing amount of pets being lost - not 100% eliminating in extreme cases, but reducing for the normal player-base.

    That's all there is to it, why is this an issue?

    Unless you are in subset 1. and abusing this system, and unhappy it is being fixed.

    How is addressing players need for increased storage an "abuse", if I may ask ?

    With every new Event, players get given lots and lots of new items.

    These new items ADD UP with the older, existing items thus creating increased storage needs for players.

    YET, we call the need of players for increased storage because of new items being introduced in UO over and over and over, an "abuse" ?

    Give me a break......
    It's an abuse because Autostable is a facility for making sure people don't lose pets, it is not meant to be free extended storage. The rule was always empty pack animals before you log off or lose them.  This apparently hasn't been happening recently, but as far as I can gather, that wasn't how it was supposed to be. People have been benefiting, all be it unknowingly, from a bug. The bug is now fixed, but rather than just put things back the way they were, people now have an additional 24 hours to retrieve their pack animals.
    My personal recommendation for those with 5 slot, scrolled up giant beetles would be 'don't use them as pack animals, keep the packs empty.  Or at least use the packs sparingly and make sure you empty them at the first opportunity.'

    and popps, if you don't have enough storage, get a bigger house or open another account, or simply keep less junk.
  • SethSeth Posts: 1,404
    Yoshi said:
    “It’s been a while since I went mining but, if you had a bonded loaded pack horse/llama before (before pub 111), did it not just remain in game when you logged out and go wild? 

    I am also sure there is no negative addition here and all positive for bonded pet owners”

    I think they are better off spending the time on the huge bug list. For that, no one needs to waste time figuring out what are the "benefits".
    We love bugs....
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 723
    edited September 22
    Petra_Fyde said: It's an abuse because Autostable is a facility for making sure people don't lose pets, it’s not meant to be…


    “I’m pretty sure autostable was not introduced to prevent loss of pets, but instead was introduced so you can log out to stop your pet dying so you don’t need to res it and was introduced as a replacement to pet balls so you don’t have to use a charge and can summon your pets to places where you’re not supposed to summon pets.
    every tamer know this”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • That may be your interpretation of the function, but I get my information from reading publish notes. You obviously have some deeper source of information. Mindreading? or Occult crystal ball gazing perhaps?
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 602
    LOL Petra....I think he has a Scrying Mirror to be honest.

    I welcome the change. I, for one, never log out with a loaded packy...just common sense I guess. I still remember when we had the great house fall...gosh I don't remember what year that was!

    But I had a packy LOADED with stuff, someone placed a house on top of it and it vanished :(



  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 1,555
    Now this morning I logged in on my second crafter and he was there dismounted since we know logging out mounted then logging in dismounted happens maybe we should fix it with new change @Kyronix @Mesanna @Bleak
  • poppspopps Posts: 2,484
    popps said:
    Cookie said:

    Benefits;

    1. Stopping players abusing pet storage long term.

    2. Reducing amount of pets being lost - not 100% eliminating in extreme cases, but reducing for the normal player-base.

    That's all there is to it, why is this an issue?

    Unless you are in subset 1. and abusing this system, and unhappy it is being fixed.

    How is addressing players need for increased storage an "abuse", if I may ask ?

    With every new Event, players get given lots and lots of new items.

    These new items ADD UP with the older, existing items thus creating increased storage needs for players.

    YET, we call the need of players for increased storage because of new items being introduced in UO over and over and over, an "abuse" ?

    Give me a break......
    It's an abuse because Autostable is a facility for making sure people don't lose pets, it is not meant to be free extended storage. The rule was always empty pack animals before you log off or lose them.  This apparently hasn't been happening recently, but as far as I can gather, that wasn't how it was supposed to be. People have been benefiting, all be it unknowingly, from a bug. The bug is now fixed, but rather than just put things back the way they were, people now have an additional 24 hours to retrieve their pack animals.
    My personal recommendation for those with 5 slot, scrolled up giant beetles would be 'don't use them as pack animals, keep the packs empty.  Or at least use the packs sparingly and make sure you empty them at the first opportunity.'

    and popps, if you don't have enough storage, get a bigger house or open another account, or simply keep less junk.
    and popps, if you don't have enough storage, get a bigger house or open another account, or simply keep less junk.

    There could be better options more players' friendly, to my opinion....

    Introduce Weapons Racks that can store 500 weapons and count as 1 item, and Armor Armoires which can store 500 Armor pieces and count as 1 item, and also sell for increased revenues to Ultima Online, a new House Storage Increase since the last 20% one which brought the total possible storage increase to 60% was, to my understanding, with the High Seas in 2010.

    It is now 11 Years, and counting, that Ultima Online does not bring to players a new Storage Increase, YET, imagine in these 11 Years how many NEW items for players to collect the Developers have introduced in UO, thus aggravating players' need for storage....
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 1,555
    popps said:
    popps said:
    Cookie said:

    Benefits;

    1. Stopping players abusing pet storage long term.

    2. Reducing amount of pets being lost - not 100% eliminating in extreme cases, but reducing for the normal player-base.

    That's all there is to it, why is this an issue?

    Unless you are in subset 1. and abusing this system, and unhappy it is being fixed.

    How is addressing players need for increased storage an "abuse", if I may ask ?

    With every new Event, players get given lots and lots of new items.

    These new items ADD UP with the older, existing items thus creating increased storage needs for players.

    YET, we call the need of players for increased storage because of new items being introduced in UO over and over and over, an "abuse" ?

    Give me a break......
    It's an abuse because Autostable is a facility for making sure people don't lose pets, it is not meant to be free extended storage. The rule was always empty pack animals before you log off or lose them.  This apparently hasn't been happening recently, but as far as I can gather, that wasn't how it was supposed to be. People have been benefiting, all be it unknowingly, from a bug. The bug is now fixed, but rather than just put things back the way they were, people now have an additional 24 hours to retrieve their pack animals.
    My personal recommendation for those with 5 slot, scrolled up giant beetles would be 'don't use them as pack animals, keep the packs empty.  Or at least use the packs sparingly and make sure you empty them at the first opportunity.'

    and popps, if you don't have enough storage, get a bigger house or open another account, or simply keep less junk.
    and popps, if you don't have enough storage, get a bigger house or open another account, or simply keep less junk.

    There could be better options more players' friendly, to my opinion....

    Introduce Weapons Racks that can store 500 weapons and count as 1 item, and Armor Armoires which can store 500 Armor pieces and count as 1 item, and also sell for increased revenues to Ultima Online, a new House Storage Increase since the last 20% one which brought the total possible storage increase to 60% was, to my understanding, with the High Seas in 2010.

    It is now 11 Years, and counting, that Ultima Online does not bring to players a new Storage Increase, YET, imagine in these 11 Years how many NEW items for players to collect the Developers have introduced in UO, thus aggravating players' need for storage....
    To keep this semi on track so you've been using packys to store stuff?
  • poppspopps Posts: 2,484
    McDougle said:
    popps said:
    popps said:
    Cookie said:

    Benefits;

    1. Stopping players abusing pet storage long term.

    2. Reducing amount of pets being lost - not 100% eliminating in extreme cases, but reducing for the normal player-base.

    That's all there is to it, why is this an issue?

    Unless you are in subset 1. and abusing this system, and unhappy it is being fixed.

    How is addressing players need for increased storage an "abuse", if I may ask ?

    With every new Event, players get given lots and lots of new items.

    These new items ADD UP with the older, existing items thus creating increased storage needs for players.

    YET, we call the need of players for increased storage because of new items being introduced in UO over and over and over, an "abuse" ?

    Give me a break......
    It's an abuse because Autostable is a facility for making sure people don't lose pets, it is not meant to be free extended storage. The rule was always empty pack animals before you log off or lose them.  This apparently hasn't been happening recently, but as far as I can gather, that wasn't how it was supposed to be. People have been benefiting, all be it unknowingly, from a bug. The bug is now fixed, but rather than just put things back the way they were, people now have an additional 24 hours to retrieve their pack animals.
    My personal recommendation for those with 5 slot, scrolled up giant beetles would be 'don't use them as pack animals, keep the packs empty.  Or at least use the packs sparingly and make sure you empty them at the first opportunity.'

    and popps, if you don't have enough storage, get a bigger house or open another account, or simply keep less junk.
    and popps, if you don't have enough storage, get a bigger house or open another account, or simply keep less junk.

    There could be better options more players' friendly, to my opinion....

    Introduce Weapons Racks that can store 500 weapons and count as 1 item, and Armor Armoires which can store 500 Armor pieces and count as 1 item, and also sell for increased revenues to Ultima Online, a new House Storage Increase since the last 20% one which brought the total possible storage increase to 60% was, to my understanding, with the High Seas in 2010.

    It is now 11 Years, and counting, that Ultima Online does not bring to players a new Storage Increase, YET, imagine in these 11 Years how many NEW items for players to collect the Developers have introduced in UO, thus aggravating players' need for storage....
    To keep this semi on track so you've been using packys to store stuff?
    Not horse or llamas, but ridden Blue Beetles yes, especially on Shards where I cannot have a house....
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 1,555
    Well if you are riding them no issues...
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 317
    popps said:


    There could be better options more players' friendly, to my opinion....

    Introduce Weapons Racks that can store 500 weapons and count as 1 item, and Armor Armoires which can store 500 Armor pieces and count as 1 item, and also sell for increased revenues to Ultima Online, a new House Storage Increase since the last 20% one which brought the total possible storage increase to 60% was, to my understanding, with the High Seas in 2010.

    It is now 11 Years, and counting, that Ultima Online does not bring to players a new Storage Increase, YET, imagine in these 11 Years how many NEW items for players to collect the Developers have introduced in UO, thus aggravating players' need for storage....
    I don't know about adding additional storage to houses. But I'm not mad at that idea developers bring more specialized containers into the game. I think that would be a big help. 

    Off the top of my head... weapons and armor racks. Clothes closet. Green house for storing plants. Fish / Crab barrel for storage (not just reduced weight satchel for offloading). Pantry cabinet for the cooks. No idea if any or all of that is possible. Just know I'd use all of it if I could. And if possible item count would go down a lot.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 633
    edited September 22
    popps said:
    popps said:
    Cookie said:

    Benefits;

    1. Stopping players abusing pet storage long term.

    2. Reducing amount of pets being lost - not 100% eliminating in extreme cases, but reducing for the normal player-base.

    That's all there is to it, why is this an issue?

    Unless you are in subset 1. and abusing this system, and unhappy it is being fixed.

    How is addressing players need for increased storage an "abuse", if I may ask ?

    With every new Event, players get given lots and lots of new items.

    These new items ADD UP with the older, existing items thus creating increased storage needs for players.

    YET, we call the need of players for increased storage because of new items being introduced in UO over and over and over, an "abuse" ?

    Give me a break......
    It's an abuse because Autostable is a facility for making sure people don't lose pets, it is not meant to be free extended storage. The rule was always empty pack animals before you log off or lose them.  This apparently hasn't been happening recently, but as far as I can gather, that wasn't how it was supposed to be. People have been benefiting, all be it unknowingly, from a bug. The bug is now fixed, but rather than just put things back the way they were, people now have an additional 24 hours to retrieve their pack animals.
    My personal recommendation for those with 5 slot, scrolled up giant beetles would be 'don't use them as pack animals, keep the packs empty.  Or at least use the packs sparingly and make sure you empty them at the first opportunity.'

    and popps, if you don't have enough storage, get a bigger house or open another account, or simply keep less junk.
    and popps, if you don't have enough storage, get a bigger house or open another account, or simply keep less junk.

    There could be better options more players' friendly, to my opinion....

    Introduce Weapons Racks that can store 500 weapons and count as 1 item, and Armor Armoires which can store 500 Armor pieces and count as 1 item, and also sell for increased revenues to Ultima Online, a new House Storage Increase since the last 20% one which brought the total possible storage increase to 60% was, to my understanding, with the High Seas in 2010.

    It is now 11 Years, and counting, that Ultima Online does not bring to players a new Storage Increase, YET, imagine in these 11 Years how many NEW items for players to collect the Developers have introduced in UO, thus aggravating players' need for storage....
    @popps you didn't hear about the NEW Storage upgrade, I am surprised it is call Account #2 and you can add 40% or even 60% to it then there is the additional expansion of Account #3.  The more storage UO gives to one account make it harder for UO to get people to open other accounts.

    I know BLAH BLAH BLAH UO is in the business of making money not giving you unlimited storage for your one account.

    There is another option and that is Garden Sheds, buy all you like and sooner or later you will need a castle or a 2nd account just to place them all.
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 251
    edited September 22
    . delete
  • SethSeth Posts: 1,404
    So... I got my 3 rewards, seemed like the harp is just a deco... Can't find anything else fun except talking about the new packie rules  :D
    We love bugs....
  • SlissSliss Posts: 273
    I seriously do not understand this 20+ year old war on storage. It made sense in 1998. It does not today with all the computing power. UO is an item-oriented game, not to mention hoarder's wet dream. BS is making both direct and indirect money from all the pixel crack that gets pumped out with every publish and in between. Charge for it, but just give players whatever storage they want. Insisting on people paying a monthly fee just for an additional account just to store crap that they already pay for one way or the other is just greedy and counterproductive.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,270
    I admit to using packies to store stuff.  But it was when I resized my house and did not want to risk my items getting dumped on the ground. Besides filling up the bank boxes of my 6 characters I filled up the 5 packies each of the 6 characters had. Once the house resizing was complete all the packies got unloaded and stabled.
  • Sliss said:
    I seriously do not understand this 20+ year old war on storage. It made sense in 1998. It does not today with all the computing power. UO is an item-oriented game, not to mention hoarder's wet dream. BS is making both direct and indirect money from all the pixel crack that gets pumped out with every publish and in between. Charge for it, but just give players whatever storage they want. Insisting on people paying a monthly fee just for an additional account just to store crap that they already pay for one way or the other is just greedy and counterproductive.
    It has ZERO to do with equipment and more to do with business, people open new accounts for storage/extra house and if you keep adding storage to one account then how many will add accounts or close an account.  Added storage is a one time payment where an account is a payment every month.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,275
    LilyGrace said:
    popps said:


    There could be better options more players' friendly, to my opinion....

    Introduce Weapons Racks that can store 500 weapons and count as 1 item, and Armor Armoires which can store 500 Armor pieces and count as 1 item, and also sell for increased revenues to Ultima Online, a new House Storage Increase since the last 20% one which brought the total possible storage increase to 60% was, to my understanding, with the High Seas in 2010.

    It is now 11 Years, and counting, that Ultima Online does not bring to players a new Storage Increase, YET, imagine in these 11 Years how many NEW items for players to collect the Developers have introduced in UO, thus aggravating players' need for storage....
    I don't know about adding additional storage to houses. But I'm not mad at that idea developers bring more specialized containers into the game. I think that would be a big help. 

    Off the top of my head... weapons and armor racks. Clothes closet. Green house for storing plants. Fish / Crab barrel for storage (not just reduced weight satchel for offloading). Pantry cabinet for the cooks. No idea if any or all of that is possible. Just know I'd use all of it if I could. And if possible item count would go down a lot.
    I agree
    Cooks need a Fridge/Pantry
    have it work like seed box
    (you can store items like the mento seasoning, samuel's secret sauce,
    cocoa liquor, cocoa butter, other non-stackable items)
    but if not, could they make mento seasoning & samuel's secret sauce stackable
    (you can only purchase them on 1 NPC at the Floating Emporium)

    Weapons Rack
    (would be great to be able to pick a category...
    swordsmanship, fencing, mace fighting, archery, throwing)

    Clothes Rack
    (would be awesome if we could choose a category
    head, neck, chest, pants, sleeves, gloves, footwear)

    I saw a chest piece the other day & 
    yesterday I tried looking for it & still haven't found it

    if they were in one location, I could find it quickly
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 317
    edited September 23
    Sliss said:
    I seriously do not understand this 20+ year old war on storage. It made sense in 1998. It does not today with all the computing power. UO is an item-oriented game, not to mention hoarder's wet dream. BS is making both direct and indirect money from all the pixel crack that gets pumped out with every publish and in between. Charge for it, but just give players whatever storage they want. Insisting on people paying a monthly fee just for an additional account just to store crap that they already pay for one way or the other is just greedy and counterproductive.
    That’s a fair point ^

    I hear ya, Cinderella. I love things organized. It’s my jam. I for real have a Dewey decimal system cabinet that I store things in at home. I always know where to find anything from Band-Aids to scotch tape to tea tree oil. The X & Z drawers are empty. :D

    edited to fix a typo
  • poppspopps Posts: 2,484
    @ popps you didn't hear about the NEW Storage upgrade, I am surprised it is call Account #2 and you can add 40% or even 60% to it then there is the additional expansion of Account #3.  The more storage UO gives to one account make it harder for UO to get people to open other accounts.

    I know BLAH BLAH BLAH UO is in the business of making money not giving you unlimited storage for your one account.

    There is another option and that is Garden Sheds, buy all you like and sooner or later you will need a castle or a 2nd account just to place them all.
    @Lord_Frodo , what do you mean about the " NEW " Storage Upgrade ?

    What " NEW " one are you talking about ?

    The last one that was sold, to my knowledge, was in 2010 when the High Seas Expansion was released.

    It was an additional 20% House & Bank Storage Upgrade which brought the total possible to +60% House & Bank Storage Upgrade.

    I know NOTHING about a " NEW " House & Bank Storage Upgrade which would bring one's own House & Bank Storage Capability BEYOND that +60% ....

    Can you please enlighten me about this " NEW " House & Bank Storage Upgrade ?

    I am very much interested in it and willing to spend my hard earned money on to upgrade my existing account (no, not going to open another subscribed account for storage purposes....).
  • poppspopps Posts: 2,484
    edited September 23
    . delete
    Are you serious ?

    What is the point, in an HEAVILY itemized game as Ultima Online is, to spend countless time grinding and hunting to gather items, participate to New Events to gather and collect items, and then HAVE TO delete them because the Developers are not providing ways to players to increase their storage capabilities to go along with the MASSIVE new items and collectibles that are being released over and over and over ?

    I mean, you cannot be serious when you said "delete" because that goes AGAINST all that Ultima Online is and stands for, ITEMIZATION & COLLECTIBLES brought to the extreme....
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 1,555
    He is saying get a second account 
    Amber witch deleted her comment because she is smart 
  • popps said:
    @ popps you didn't hear about the NEW Storage upgrade, I am surprised it is call Account #2 and you can add 40% or even 60% to it then there is the additional expansion of Account #3.  The more storage UO gives to one account make it harder for UO to get people to open other accounts.

    I know BLAH BLAH BLAH UO is in the business of making money not giving you unlimited storage for your one account.

    There is another option and that is Garden Sheds, buy all you like and sooner or later you will need a castle or a 2nd account just to place them all.
    @ Lord_Frodo , what do you mean about the " NEW " Storage Upgrade ?

    What " NEW " one are you talking about ?

    The last one that was sold, to my knowledge, was in 2010 when the High Seas Expansion was released.

    It was an additional 20% House & Bank Storage Upgrade which brought the total possible to +60% House & Bank Storage Upgrade.

    I know NOTHING about a " NEW " House & Bank Storage Upgrade which would bring one's own House & Bank Storage Capability BEYOND that +60% ....

    Can you please enlighten me about this " NEW " House & Bank Storage Upgrade ?

    I am very much interested in it and willing to spend my hard earned money on to upgrade my existing account (no, not going to open another subscribed account for storage purposes....).
    LMAO  That one sailed way over your head.  I totally explained everything maybe you should reread it and use your brain.  Here is a HINT " I am surprised it is call Account #2"
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 1,555
    But yes delete stuff popps yes seriously delete it nothing you have is worth anything go to a brand new shard and meet people better yet give everything away...again i repeat people matter things don't..
  • poppspopps Posts: 2,484
    Sliss said:
    I seriously do not understand this 20+ year old war on storage. It made sense in 1998. It does not today with all the computing power. UO is an item-oriented game, not to mention hoarder's wet dream. BS is making both direct and indirect money from all the pixel crack that gets pumped out with every publish and in between. Charge for it, but just give players whatever storage they want. Insisting on people paying a monthly fee just for an additional account just to store crap that they already pay for one way or the other is just greedy and counterproductive.
    It has ZERO to do with equipment and more to do with business, people open new accounts for storage/extra house and if you keep adding storage to one account then how many will add accounts or close an account.  Added storage is a one time payment where an account is a payment every month.
    As much as I would LOVE to have increased storage, while I would be willing to pay a ONE TIME amount to increase the House & Bank storage of my existing account, I would NEVER EVER open up another subscribed account just for storage purposes.

    NEVER EVER.

    I'd rather STOP playing Ultima Online althougether if I reach my storage limit with my existing account, and possibly then seriously even call if over for good and move to other games (of which, by the way, many do not even require a monthly subscription to play them....) but I would NEVER EVER open up a new subscribed account just for storage purposes.

    This policy of not wanting to come forward to players' increased needs for Storage, considering the many new items and collectibles which get released a go-go by Broadsword, I am of the opinion that it in the end it is backfiring onto Broadsword.... 

    Why ?

    Because players get upset by this stance (no storage upgrades mean having a harder time dealing with all of the items which players collect and gather) and when players get upset, they may decide to give their money to other games, but NOT to the game that is making them upset because it is not coming forward to their needs in better enjoying the playing of that game...


  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 1,555
    @popps all it sounds like you are saying is I'll spend the money but only the way I want or i quit and go home...there are so many benefits to multiple accounts...
Sign In or Register to comment.