[UO.Com] Publish 111 Worldwide

24

Comments

  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 1,072
    Superfrog said:
    McDougle said:
    Once again if you are having real life disaster and UO is somehow on your priority list you need help...
    Show me where i said it was a priority? 
    I am playing so I can lose all my Packies and not leaving my house sounds like a priority of play UO and not leave.  LOL
  • SuperfrogSuperfrog Posts: 91
    edited September 2021
    It's called an example, things can and do happen. as I said, I was simply showing where things could go wrong with it. I am personally ok with losing stuff, it gives me an incentive to play. i am not, of course, going to continue to play in the middle of a hurricane,  but there are situations where people lose internet or power for extended periods. Again your trolling and attacks do not invalidate this.
  • SlissSliss Posts: 275
    Sliss said:
    From the publish notes: "
    • Bonded pets (Non-pack animal) can no longer go wild and will no longer respond to commands from their owner until the pet owner feeds the pet
    "
    Does this mean that apart from the 24-hour stable, pack animals can also go wild due to loss of loyalty? That would put a crimp into using giant beetles for hunting.
    why?  How many giant beetles have you had go wild during hunting since animal training allowed them to go to 5 slot?
    I have lost one Cu, and had several other pets come close since the pet revamp. The above quote from the publish note leads me to believe that the recent fix where loss of loyalty does not result in pets going wild does not happy to pets with backpacks.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 2,785
    The only difference with pack animals is that if they are full they can't go into stable so go to auto stable i loaded my 5slot scrolled beetle and hard exited uo came back 2 hours later not there when I logged in so logged again it showed with a timer saying life span 22 hours...
  • PawainPawain Posts: 5,972
    McDougle said:
    The only difference with pack animals is that if they are full they can't go into stable so go to auto stable i loaded my 5slot scrolled beetle and hard exited uo came back 2 hours later not there when I logged in so logged again it showed with a timer saying life span 22 hours...
    Says in the Patch notes that Pack Animals are excluded from can not go wild. Beetles are pack animals.  I guess I will stop asking for Packs we can buy in the store to put on any pet.

    Bonded pets (Non-pack animal) can no longer go wild and will no longer respond to commands from their owner until the pet owner feeds the pet.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 2,785
    Correct paddy cakes they are talking about them being deleted after 24 hours in auto stable 
  • VioletViolet Posts: 353
    edited September 2021
    Not really a fair comparison. No one would have been playing UO with a loaded pack animal beside them when a hurricane was forecast!
    This only affects people with LOADED pack animals that they are not mounted on.  When autostable was first introduced it did not apply to loaded pack animals. The publish notes at the time said they would go wild if left in game. 
    As far as I was aware that has always been the case. 
    Pack animals with items in their packs have been auto-stabling to the offline stable as part of the server routine that is run every 2 hours (the same routine that does the LOS check) for several patches.  You can easily test this now on servers who do not have the patch and they did not delete or go wild.
  • Superfrog said:
    Not really a fair comparison. No one would have been playing UO with a loaded pack animal beside them when a hurricane was forecast!
    This only affects people with LOADED pack animals that they are not mounted on.  When autostable was first introduced it did not apply to loaded pack animals. The publish notes at the time said they would go wild if left in game. 
    As far as I was aware that has always been the case. 
    They could have been playing when the hurricane hit though. 

    Frog guy, you make my head hurt.

    Some of you guys are goofy about pack animals going poof when left unattended for 24 hours. They should disappear. They used to. They still should.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,085
    edited September 2021
    • Pack animals that are mounted are stored on your character and cannot be lost.
    So my gargoyle using beetle, it needs to be stabled. 
    My human riding the beetle is fine. 

    So many rules, again. New players need to read an encyclopaedia to learn how to play this game. 

    We still have a lot of paying players? Why not just limit the EJ accounts. We paid $ each month and still so much restrictions. 

    Not happy.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • When did they say the event for Hythloth will start?
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 1,072
    Seth said:
    • Pack animals that are mounted are stored on your character and cannot be lost.
    So my gargoyle using beetle, it needs to be stabled. 
    My human riding the beetle is fine. 

    So many rules, again. New players need to read an encyclopaedia to learn how to play this game. 

    We still have a lot of paying players? Why not just limit the EJ accounts. We paid $ each month and still so much restrictions. 

    Not happy.
    We were always taught to unload/mount our packies before logging or losing the items that they carried.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 2,785
    We were always taught the key here the game has never explained crap to us other players have 
  • The communication between the developers and their customers is horrible.
    They offer you some M&G but the answer is always the same, We will look, No, maybe in the future or I dont want that.
    They ask you to please email me but they never answer back.
    This patch is another perfect example, They bring the patch to Test Center and ask US for the feedback and reports. But lets be honest, when the patch go to Test Center they already made up their mind and will not change a thing. people complaining about the prices of the rewards, people asked if we could dye the new trinket, people reported bugs with the pvp part and nothing, no answer, no nothing and now they patch goes live tomorrow.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,085
    Seth said:
    • Pack animals that are mounted are stored on your character and cannot be lost.
    So my gargoyle using beetle, it needs to be stabled. 
    My human riding the beetle is fine. 

    So many rules, again. New players need to read an encyclopaedia to learn how to play this game. 

    We still have a lot of paying players? Why not just limit the EJ accounts. We paid $ each month and still so much restrictions. 

    Not happy.
    We were always taught to unload/mount our packies before logging or losing the items that they carried.
    Alright, I do not remember being taught to do so, even if someone did it’s one statement hidden in a huge Wikipedia or uoguide. 

    My gargoyle mage tamer uses an empty, level 5 beetle for quest all time. Does the 24 hr decay affect one that is carrying nothing? 
    • Pack animals and hirelings will now only stay in the offline auto stable for 24 hours after which they will be removed from the world if not retrieved.
    • The auto stable is an offline facility where pets can be stored till their owner logs back in – it is not your stable.
    • The offline auto stables are not a part of the transfer process unless a player unloads their pack animals in the world.
    • Pack animals that are mounted are stored on your character and cannot be lost.
    What is the logic that my human can ride the pack mount and log off without losing it, while my gargoyle can’t? 

    If the Dev don’t explain the logic it’s hard for us to remember rules like this, there are 100000s of info on wiki and uoguide don’t tell me all of you are walking dictionary can remember everything. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,070Moderator
    Confirming
    I logged in 2 characters on test center. 2nd character dismounted beetle, no items in pack, 2nd character logged out. First character observed 2nd character and beetle disappear.  Empty beetle logs with your character.

  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 1,256
    Mariah said:
    Confirming
    I logged in 2 characters on test center. 2nd character dismounted beetle, no items in pack, 2nd character logged out. First character observed 2nd character and beetle disappear.  Empty beetle logs with your character.


    "not sure what you've managed to confirm here, Seth's query i believe is, has the empty beetle that was not being ridden, gone to the 24 hour offline stable.. or the perma stable?
    in both cases the beetle would disappear to a third party viewer"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 2,785
    It's stated very clearly what happens to empty pack animals why on earth is this the thing people are focused on?? There is no issue 
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 2,785
    and one last word you can still and should have already gone to test to TEST things that worry you if you don't just don't complain...
  • PawainPawain Posts: 5,972
    McDougle said:
    and one last word you can still and should have already gone to test to TEST things that worry you if you don't just don't complain...
    I did test it and gave very negative feedback on it.

    But @McDougle ; and @Lord_Frodo only care about opinions that match their own.

    When someone does not agree with them they resort to personal attacks. Which I feel sorry for Mervyn.  He was banned for doing that.

    @Mariah ; we are entitled to opinions and if we dare say we want all trained pets to never go wild or go poof we get attacked.


  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 1,256
    edited September 2021
    • Pack animals and hirelings will now only stay in the offline auto stable for 24 hours after which they will be removed from the world if not retrieved.
    “the fault here is, according to the community test results, this sentence should read ‘pack animals carrying a load’ 

    this is what is causing confusion/concern

    hopefully they can republish this news release, but I am surprised this gets published without anyone proof reading it first”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 1,072
    @Kyronix @Bleak are Pack Horses / Pack Llamas and Blue Beetles considered "Pack Animals" if nothing is in their pack or are they handled by the system like all other Bonded Pets when you log out.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 2,785
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    and one last word you can still and should have already gone to test to TEST things that worry you if you don't just don't complain...
    I did test it and gave very negative feedback on it.

    But @ McDougle  and @ Lord_Frodo only care about opinions that match their own.

    When someone does not agree with them they resort to personal attacks. Which I feel sorry for Mervyn.  He was banned for doing that.

    @ Mariah  we are entitled to opinions and if we dare say we want all trained pets to never go wild or go poof we get attacked.


    Our opinions are different so you feel we are making personal attacks but facts are facts whether you like them or not..
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,085
    edited September 2021
    Yoshi said:
    • Pack animals and hirelings will now only stay in the offline auto stable for 24 hours after which they will be removed from the world if not retrieved.
    “the fault here is, according to the community test results, this sentence should read ‘pack animals carrying a load’ 

    this is what is causing confusion/concern

    hopefully they can republish this news release, but I am surprised this gets published without anyone proof reading it first”

    Thanks, that was the reason why I re-posted the publish notes and asked if it refers to loaded or unloaded pack animals. This is the problem with this game which relies too much on veteran's "memory".

    My other question was what did the Dev team achieve by adding this code and rules in terms of how it benefits players? Is it because of server resources?

    - Comparing to the early days, we now have powerful CPU, servers, RAMs, 1 TB SSD or 10 TB HDD perhaps 100 times more powerful, and super fast Internet unlike the 14.4 bps modem.
    - Then we have just 10% of the population of the early 2000s, or even lesser by looking at the state of the housing.

    Looking at the above, please let the server, hardware, and codes do the work, and make players happier without imposing unnecessary rules like these.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 2,785
    This is because pets were being lost to going wild issues with statued pets going poof i just don't see any negative here.. yes after the apocalypse some owners are gonna lose that 5slot fully scrolled beetle full of irreplaceable items  .....
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,085
    edited September 2021
    McDougle said:
    This is because pets were being lost to going wild issues with statued pets going poof i just don't see any negative here.. yes after the apocalypse some owners are gonna lose that 5slot fully scrolled beetle full of irreplaceable items  .....

    the apocalypse some owners are gonna lose that 5slot fully scrolled beetle full of irreplaceable items  .....
    My friend.... this is already the negative if not what else, lol.

    So, where is the positive? No positive, but only negative? Then why waste precious Dev time that achieved nothing and then pissing off players. Lose + Lose.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 2,785
    Well i could suggest that people who have lost pets will be happy it can't happen anymore 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 1,072
    edited September 2021
    Mount your 5 Slot fully Scrolled out Beetle before logging and if you are a Garg then empty it and stable it until we get a 100% answer from the DEVs.  How hard is that to understand?  I always mounted my beetles before logging and I always unloaded all my Packies and stabled them before logging, how hard is that, put a hitching post in your house and stable your pets, it does not use any charges to stable.  It's like people are going nuts because they have to take 5 min. out of their UO life to do some simple task.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,085
    edited September 2021
    Thank you both for confirming there is absolutely no benefit for this new decay rule for pack animals. Case close for me. Moving on.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 1,072
    edited September 2021
    Seth said:
    Thank you both for confirming there is absolutely no benefit for this new decay rule for pack animals. Case close for me. Moving on.
    That depends on how you look at it.  To what I was taught is that if you logged off/power loss with a full packie (bonded or not) it would last about 2 hours before going poof and you lost everything.  Now it looks like you get 24 hours before everything goes poof so to me there is a benefit.

  • A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

    Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Sign In or Register to comment.