Treasures of Hythloth on TC

Comments

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    @ Kyronix can you add footwear to the pack drop list.
    (collectors would love to have their shoes match their outfits)
    One shard had wildfire boots as an EM drop.
    Make it so all footwear fished up during event is the OF color the demon red is so sweet and would allow fisher people some income 

Good and clever idea actually.

I'd say not all, as you would get so much, make it a rare, but yes, make it happen.

Could happen for all these events.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Synn said:
    Can we up this a bit?  Seems underwhelming for 100pt turn in. 

Suggestion to add/increase:
    SDI 10% (same as Hook's shield)
    MR 4
    Mana Inc 10
    LMC 5%

Don't think it's too overpowered considering there's shield's with MR, Mana Inc, LMC that spawn.
    It is very expensive deco to put with a wildfire suit.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • VioletViolet Posts: 368
    McDougle said:
    Make it so all footwear fished up during event is the OF color the demon red is so sweet and would allow fisher people some income 
    The current of demonic forces artifact color is a dyeable color, tokuno berserker red.

What would be nice is if the "of demonic forces" artifacts could have the custom color the same hue as the balron bone armor.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Violet said:
    McDougle said:
    The current of demonic forces artifact color is a dyeable color, tokuno berserker red.

What would be nice is if the "of demonic forces" artifacts could have the custom color the same hue as the balron bone armor.
    The Balron Armor is 2 toned also.  I'm glad I don't need another red set.  There's the Daemon Bone armor, Blackthorns and Fellowship.

Maybe they will change it to the Balron Armor color unless they plan for more pieces later.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • usernameusername Posts: 687
    edited September 2021
    @Kyronix please respond

Treasures of Hythloth is a massive failure in it's current format 

With only 18 rewards total and 10 being repeats, that means that 44.4% of the stuff is new. Don't get me wrong, I completely understand having to repeat some items eventually but all those 10 items we've gotten in the past year (yea, the book has a new name/hue but same stats). Meanwhile, there are several items between the live event + champ spawns + ToT events we've not gotten repeated EVER, including: Cloak of Light, Yukio's Earrings, personalized Items (doom lantern), Cloak of Humility, Scepter of Pride, Umbria's Books (x2), Kotl Banners, Kotl Ring, Automoton stuff, recipes, etc. We could even dig back pre-2015 (Doom ToT) and grab stuff from that era.

Hythloth in it's current format is low effort. Period. Wildfire was a success
    There are only 13 rewards for Hythloth because 5 are human/garg versions. Contrast that to Wildfire which had 20 (18 unique) rewards (all scrolls counted as 1), 2 of which are human/garg variants (earrings + drusilla's athame), and ZERO repeat items from the past... well you could argue bane dragon but I'd say not.

Hythloth: left new, right repeats:

If you're going to do 3 ToTs a year as our only source of new content the LEAST you could do is give us majority new items and make an effort to give us some stuff that hasn't been done ad nauseum. If it were up to me, I'd scrap everything that's a repeat currently for Hythloth and toss in Cloak of Light and Yukiko's Earrings as repeats and add more deco items, as these are massively desirable items that had very limited availability. 
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
    edited September 2021
    As a follow-up to my previous post, I would like to share this with you @Kyronix

0 Cloaks of Light for sale on Atlantic, safe/non safe. 
    PAGES of Morphius and Lethe Epaulette's for sale on Atlantic, safes alone. This is the same for Boots of escaping, ring and the Khal Ankur mask on Atlantic search.

epaul.png
    cloaklight.png

We seriously don't need those items AGAIN so damn soon.

Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    username said:
    @ Kyronix please respond

With only 18 rewards total and 10 being repeats, that means that 44.4% of the stuff is new. Don't get me wrong, I completely understand having to repeat some items eventually but all those 10 items we've gotten in the past year (yea, the book has a new name/hue but same stats). Meanwhile, there are several items between the live event + champ spawns + ToT events we've not gotten repeated EVER, including: Cloak of Light, Yukio's Earrings, personalized Items (doom lantern), Cloak of Humility, Scepter of Pride, Umbria's Books (x2), Kotl Banners, Kotl Ring, Automoton stuff, recipes, etc. We could even dig back pre-2015 (Doom ToT) and grab stuff from that era.

Hythloth in it's current format is low effort. Period. Wildfire was a success
    There are only 13 rewards for Hythloth because 5 are human/garg versions. Contrast that to Wildfire which had 20 (18 unique) rewards (all scrolls counted as 1), 2 of which are human/garg variants (earrings + drusilla's athame), and ZERO repeat items from the past... well you could argue bane dragon but I'd say not.

Hythloth: left new, right repeats:

If you're going to do 3 ToTs a year as our only source of new content the LEAST you could do is give us majority new items and make an effort to give us some stuff that hasn't been done ad nauseum. If it were up to me, I'd scrap everything that's a repeat currently for Hythloth and toss in Cloak of Light and Yukiko's Earrings as repeats and add more deco items, as these are massively desirable items that had very limited availability. 
    You are so wrong the repeat item are fantastic 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    edited September 2021
    McDougle said:
    You are so wrong the repeat item are fantastic 
    Wow such a well thought out post with so many supportive points and arguments! Also, no one ever said the repeat items aren't fantastic, of course they are, so F- on reading comprehension. Just saying we need some of the other fantastic items repeated that we haven't gotten in years. Go troll somewhere else.

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    I think the rewards are really good and I hope to get at least a few of the items I’d like. 

I don’t think talking to the devs like you are their dissatisfied boss or something is going to be appreciated. @username
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    username said:
    @ Kyronix please respond

With only 18 rewards total and 10 being repeats, that means that 44.4% of the stuff is new. Don't get me wrong, I completely understand having to repeat some items eventually but all those 10 items we've gotten in the past year 
    People asked for them to bring back those items.
    This is a good thing, that many wanted.
    Some won't like the old items being added, but others will want them.
    Maybe they didn't have the time to play when they were rewards before.
    Or wasn't around for those events
    edited September 2021
    username said:
    @ Kyronix please respond

With only 18 rewards total and 10 being repeats, that means that 44.4% of the stuff is new. Don't get me wrong, I completely understand having to repeat some items eventually but all those 10 items we've gotten in the past year 
    People asked for them to bring back those items.
    This is a good thing, that many wanted.
    Some won't like the old items being added, but others will want them.
    Maybe they didn't have the time to play when they were rewards before.
    Or wasn't around for those events
    Again, no one is saying this is a bad thing to bring back old stuff. In the paragraph you quoted I SAY I UNDERSTAND BRINGING BACK OLD STUFF what do you not understand about that?

All of that logic can be applied to older items. People have been asking for the Cloak of Light for SIX YEARS

SIX
    YEARS

and, as proven, there are ZERO AVAILABLE. The other items are abundant on vendor search. Clearly this would make sense to release the items that aren't available whatsoever. Why not, you know, release some older stuff instead of stuff we've gotten in the last year? Maybe next year we can get the other stuff back? Rotate? Compromise? Hello? You are literally contradicting yourself saying you want old stuff back but don't want old stuff back, which is it?

• RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    Some posts have been removed... Let's keep feedback constructive and focused,please. It is OK for others to have differing ideas.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    username said:
    As a follow-up to my previous post, I would like to share this with you @ Kyronix

PAGES of Morphius and Lethe Epaulette's for sale on Atlantic, safes alone. This is the same for Boots of escaping, ring and the Khal Ankur mask on Atlantic search.

epaul.png
    cloaklight.png

So Atl will determine what UO does and does not get, how WOKE of ATL.
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited September 2021
    username said:
    As a follow-up to my previous post, I would like to share this with you @ Kyronix

epaul.png
    cloaklight.png

The Cloak of Light sucks. Period. Barely anyone wants it. That's why they haven't brought it back, and you don't see it for sale (almost noone claimed it as a reward). 2 HPR/NS/5% HCI, that's it. Despicable Quiver and Jumu's Sacred Hide both blow it out of the water. Lord Morphius' Epaulettes is a Best In Slot item for dexxers, as are Boots of Escaping (can swap for Unicorn Mane Woven Sandals/Talons if you really need Night Sight).
    Yukio's Glass Earrings were even more recent than either the Morphius Epaulettes or the Boots of Escaping.

Treasures of Hythloth is offering many Best In Slot items. I'm gonna need a LOT of points to get everything that i want, so hopefully the Potion of Glorious Fortune goes back on sale. That's a success. I hope the next "Treasures of " Event also offers another chance at Solaria's Secret Poisons, those were BiS for Dexxers. Maybe offer Yukio's Glass Earrings as well, which are BiS for casters.

edited September 2021

The Cloak of Light sucks. Period. Barely anyone wants it. That's why they haven't brought it back, and you don't see it for sale (almost noone claimed it as a reward). 2 HPR/NS/5% HCI, that's it. Despicable Quiver and Jumu's Sacred Hide both blow it out of the water. Lord Morphius' Epaulettes is a Best In Slot item for dexxers, as are Boots of Escaping (can swap for Unicorn Mane Woven Sandals/Talons if you really need Night Sight).
    Yukio's Glass Earrings were even more recent than either the Morphius Epaulettes or the Boots of Escaping.

Treasures of Hythloth is offering many Best In Slot items. I'm gonna need a LOT of points to get everything that i want, so hopefully the Potion of Glorious Fortune goes back on sale. That's a success. I hope the next "Treasures of " Event also offers another chance at Solaria's Secret Poisons, those were BiS for Dexxers. Maybe offer Yukio's Glass Earrings as well, which are BiS for casters.

First off let me thank you for actually taking the time to write up a real response. I completely understand what you're saying but trust me I know tons of people that are searching for those older items, and maybe they're not ub3r l33t best in slot, but people have uses for them... Maybe they can't afford the BIS items? No idea, I'm not one to judge. Secondly I don't think, and I may be mistaken, is for these TOTs intending to mass print the best in slot items. The majority of the items are not best in slot, even in Wildfire, and I would consider Wildfire the best yet. Case and point, that talisman is just a bad cameo, and by what you're saying, why should it even exist in the first place?

Anyhow, I think that's all moot considering I'm not against these items coming back, just so soon. Maybe skip one or two more then put the epaulettes out again. Skip two to three more before we see the Khal Ankur mask again, since it's been given out twice already. Skip three or four more before we see the boots since we've also had them several times already. 

And again, I'm not saying never bring these items back, more of I would like to see perhaps NEW best in slot items we've not gotten with maybe an older item or two recycled. Keep things a bit fresher? At the rate we're geting TOTs, 3 this year, maybe 4 next year, this shouldn't be a problem.

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    @username maybe you don't see those items on VS.
    because people don't know how much to price them for.
    I know I have a couple somewhere, but couldn't tell you where.

(a wardrobe for clothes would come in handy.
    it would take just a couple minutes to find what I need.
    I'm still looking for something I wanted to find a couple
    weeks ago lol)

==========

And I never said that I didn't want the old items back.
    I was actually happy to see them on the NPC
    because I knew that many have stated that they would like to have been 
    around to get them.

I only got to play a few times during the event
    when the epaulettes came out
    so I'm happy to see them return
    (I had to purchase the drops to get a few of the items I wanted.
    And couldn't afford that many drops for the epaulettes.
    At the end of the event, I only had 18k gold lol)
  • DragoDrago Posts: 290
    that bone armor chest is epic sampire gear
    Gargoyles need love too..
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 782
    edited September 2021
    Old halloween items like the Cloak of Light could be added as new cleanup brit awards?
    Wildfire dyes and other event dyes added to cleanup rewards too?

Also, the vesper museum chaos shield should have a gargoyle equivalent.  It shouldn't be necessary to transmog the human shield to pirate shield, etc, just so a gargoyle can equip.  The vesper shield also seems superior to the new wildfire lanter slot item too, as it has an extra FC1 (SDI5 doesn't seem like a great trade).  Cost of vesper shield far less than wildfire lantern...  Echoing other comment above to beef up wildfire lantern  -- add more SDI/LRC 20 or something else :).
    edited September 2021
    Drago said:
    that bone armor chest is epic sampire gear

Yep, Best In Slot. You can't find the combination of +HPI/+Stam/+LMC on Legendary Artifact loot (that's 3 different affixes), you can craft/imbue it, but ends up being far less than the Balron Bone Chest.
    For Gargoyles though, they do have the option of the Berserker's Breastplate with 10% SSI. The very first day that Vendor Search came out, i VSed the Berserker's Breastplate, and found an item Blessed one for sale for 1 Mill. Lol. What a steal. My Garg Thrower on Atlantic still uses it.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    @username The items in the list have been requested by players. If you want something included in future events perhaps you could try posting your ideas in the thread https://forums.uo.com/discussion/9030/fall-dynamic-events-discussion#latest Developers are not clairvoyant. If they don't know what you would like, they can't include it.

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited September 2021
    Mariah said:
    @ username The items in the list have been requested by players. If you want something included in future events perhaps you could try posting your ideas in the thread https://forums.uo.com/discussion/9030/fall-dynamic-events-discussion#latest Developers are not clairvoyant. If they don't know what you would like, they can't include it.

"I heard that Kyronix was clairvoyant, however couldn't introduce the cloak due to unforeseen circumstances
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    edited September 2021
    @username - thanks for you passionate feedback.  As has been mentioned, most of what we have in terms of repeat items come from player requests.  Happy to toss the Cloak of Light in there as well if you really would like to see it return.  

Also, there will be lorepages as well - you just won't see those on TC1.
  • Kyronix said:
    @ username - thanks for you passionate feedback.  As has been mentioned, most of what we have in terms of repeat items come from player requests.  Happy to toss the Cloak of Light in there as well if you really would like to see it return.  

Cloak of Light - yes! plz!! 
    edited September 2021
    Kyronix said:
    @ username - thanks for you passionate feedback.  As has been mentioned, most of what we have in terms of repeat items come from player requests.

In that case, i wouldn't mind seeing a good Dexxer Shield Artifact Reward show up. With how the Paragons in the "Treasures of " Events are immune to Hit Life Leech/Life Drain, the oldschool Healing Warrior is making a comeback, a lot of those templates without Bushido. A Shield with at least +HCI/+DCI/+10% SSI/+DI would be great, anything else on it would be a bonus.

Most Shields that drop currently, are really geared towards Mages, and the really great Dexxer Shields that exist were mostly no-name Legendaries that dropped prior to the loot-clamp, such as this one (my Macer/Paladin on Atlantic uses this).

Since there are some bug fixes in Publish 111, mind taking a look at the bugs with some of the Pet abilities as well? Magery Mastery in particular is bugged, with the pet casting Bless and Arch Cure on the opponent instead of themself. Necromage pets also cast Conduit, which none of their single target spells chain off of.
  • GarretGarret Posts: 64
    Kyronix said:
    @ username - thanks for you passionate feedback.  As has been mentioned, most of what we have in terms of repeat items come from player requests.  Happy to toss the Cloak of Light in there as well if you really would like to see it return.  

So, will we see Cloak of Light as reward ?
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    edited October 2021
    Kyronix said:
    @ username - thanks for you passionate feedback.  As has been mentioned, most of what we have in terms of repeat items come from player requests.

In that case, i wouldn't mind seeing a good Dexxer Shield Artifact Reward show up. With how the Paragons in the "Treasures of " Events are immune to Hit Life Leech/Life Drain, the oldschool Healing Warrior is making a comeback, a lot of those templates without Bushido. A Shield with at least +HCI/+DCI/+10% SSI/+DI would be great, anything else on it would be a bonus.

Most Shields that drop currently, are really geared towards Mages, and the really great Dexxer Shields that exist were mostly no-name Legendaries that dropped prior to the loot-clamp, such as this one (my Macer/Paladin on Atlantic uses this).

Since there are some bug fixes in Publish 111, mind taking a look at the bugs with some of the Pet abilities as well? Magery Mastery in particular is bugged, with the pet casting Bless and Arch Cure on the opponent instead of themself. Necromage pets also cast Conduit, which none of their single target spells chain off of.

Good post.

I've been trying to steer towards decent mage and warrior shields myself for awhile - because yes, I do use an old school warrior, and I think they should have higher priority over Sampires.

I've suggested warrior shields similar to that myself.

And yes - this latest event - seems really geared to an old school warrior - which is really nice to see.

{I personally don't like Brittle property on shields - if you think about it - they are taking hell of a lot of hits}.

{I also like Soul Charge - another way to get mana regen}.

{Str is always useful, to get to max HP}.

But yes - big fan of fire eater, kinetic eater, damage eater, reactive paralyse, dci, ssi etc.

I just think if you have invested skillpoints into Parry - you really want to make maximum use of the 2 unique properties that are designed for shields and parry alone almost - soul charge and reactive para.

• FortisFortis Posts: 408
    username said:

epaul.png
    cloaklight.png

Are you serious about epaulette?....they were like 800 mil per less than a year after the event....raising and raising each months now since people know they will return off course many are for sale put the cloak of life say it one month before the wvwnt you will see vs loaded....
    How about if instruments drop like the other items?? Maybe demon and fey slayers??
  • Found a drop not listed here during the event @Pawain