Decorating tips and tricks

MariahMariah Posts: 2,945Moderator

Nikard said:
@ Pawain can you tell me how to make the floors out of the bronze weathered globe? i forget how and i was failing at it earlier

ZekeTerra said:
@ Nikard place 4 gozas on the floor and raise them 3 times.  Place Globe on the raised gozas and lower the gozas and this will break the globe.  Axe the Globe part and then remove the gozas and lower the plates.

Nikard said:
@ ZekeTerra Does this need to be done before you have the next level floored? I think my issue was that i couldnt place it on top of them when raised due to height

Comments

• BenBen Posts: 208
    edited September 2021
    I have found quite a few tips and tricks from this site...
    https://uohomedecor.com/furniture-2/

This is one of my favorites, a big screen tv.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    How to place a deeded item higher than the ground:

You can use a ladder to place a deeded item above the floor.  But, what if you can not use a ladder?  A ladder needs 2 tiles space from a wall.  In this example I can not put up a ladder.

I want a Mannequin in this nook above ground level. I place a paver that will hold the deeded item and place it where I want the item to go.  I clear out the area below and make stairs from Gozas.  Place Gozas on the ground and raise the ground floor end 2 times then raise each one heading towards the destination end 2 clicks above the previous one.

I make stairs I can walk on.  I walk to the top and I can place an item or deeded item on top of that paver I also raised from the ground. 

Picture on left shows the steps leading to the spot I can place the mannequin.

You can also use these as permanent stairs.  Picture on left is me using curved stairs to get from the roof to an added floor above the roof.

temp.jpg 255.9K
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,324
    edited March 2022

For those who have not come across this phenomenon, splitting deeded add ons has been possible for some time, this is a single example but can be adapted in several different ways. This example uses the 3 tile add on, the hardwood table

Step one. Place 3 square goza mats at the east (or south) end of the proposed item and raise them with the decorator tool 5 clicks. Place your first table, targeting the western, left, goza on top of the raised gozas. Target the left goza and lower it 2 clicks, breaking the table.

Use an axe to chop the left piece, then use the decor tool to raise the two remaining pieces as high as  they will go. You want to keep them but they will prevent further additions unless raised out of the way. Now that the remaining pieces are a distance from the gozas, chop the right hand goza and place it at the left hand edge. Adjust all 3 gozas until they are 5 clicks from bottom. Place the next hardwood table on the left goza.

Lower the right and left gozas 2 clicks, chop the left and right pieces of the table. Raise the center piece as far as it will go. Chop the right hand goza and place it on the left. Raise the gozas back up to 5 clicks and place the next table.

Again drop and chop the two ends, raise the middle and move the right hand goza to the left, raise the gozas back up. Place the final table.

This time lower the right end only and chop it. Raise the middle and left pieces up. You can now remove all the goza mats. Place your chosen armoire type below (maple in this example) secure them and turn if needed.

Finally, lower the table pieces down to sit on top of the armoire.