Effects spam from bosses....why so much??

I get that we should see a message that our gear is searing from heat or that poisonous goo is getting on our skin or whatnot.....but seriously it's a bit much, doncha think?

It never used to be this bad.....but now you can't see a thing with all this! And no I am not hitting control/Shift...it just......does this.

Not to mention the

*The infernal ooze scorches you, setting you and your equipment ablaze!* spam that FILLS half of the  left side of the screen...

Can this be toned down a little bit? Not sure why or how it got this bad but it's a bit cray cray.

Comments

• MargeMarge Posts: 720
    +20
  • AtomicBettyAtomicBetty Posts: 237
    Whats the issue you have and how can it be toned down?
  • usernameusername Posts: 687
    edited July 2021
    Real games have filters in options to tune stuff like this to the player's preference. There was once talk about adding a bunch of features, like UO assist stuff, able to disable/enable animations, etc. to the CC/EC. Think we just got toggle garg flying animations and then they abandoned that idea lol. This 'game' is especially on maintenance mode with the new game coming out (who knows when).

You have a better chance of winning the lottery, developing your own mmo and adding these features to them that this development team doing that. Getting anything more than recycled content distribution systems from this dev team is a joke at this point.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “This image looks like a one off event 
    not an everyday occurrence”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Yoshi said:
    “This image looks like a one off event 
    not an everyday occurrence”
    Actually, if you pay attention when you play, the spam is now in triplicate....at least for me it is, and no I haven't done anything to the game.

When a mob spawns on my screen, I see the name appear 3 times...

A Black Solen Infiltrator

Every time something spawns.

When I kill stuff, even without hitting control/shift, the name will appear so for example if I am doing the bag quest and there are several corpses littered about, the names will all show *AS IF* I am hitting control/shift but I am not. 

So yes...it IS an every day  occurrence.

“Are you using uoassist?”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Sometimes I do and sometimes I forget to log in with UOA so I'd say about half the time I am using it? So...that's not it either.

It just randomly started happening after a publish...not sure which one but it wasn't too long ago.

edited July 2021
    "well, were you using uoassist at the time this image was taken? I cannot tell as your image has been cropped, there are some settings that affect text:
    show names of incoming creatures
    auto show corpse names
    reveal hidden power words (having this checked can cause some text to appear on the bottom left)

there's also a setting in uo under misc that reads
    show names of approaching players, sounds like you may want this unchecked"

The thing is, I haven't changed ANYTHING in game or in UOA....this just started happening, like I said, after a recent publish. 

When I Unmount:

When I just randomly run up on mobs:

With AND without UOA

• MargeMarge Posts: 720
    This all happens to me also and I have never used UOAssist or any other program.
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    Looks like a bug to me have you tried "Preform Full File Check"?
    I'm not getting anything like that with EC.
    edited July 2021
    "Took me a while to find ANY videos of uo on classic client that don't appear to be using non official third party programs, 
    but here's one from 2015 showing this happening, i don't think anything is new here"
    ultima online Destard champion - YouTube

• NorryNorry Posts: 515
    Use this to your advantage when taming. Cus with color show up with 3 names, and white show with 2. Their names show before they do.
  • Regarding the nameplate spam, it's been like this forever.

The in game option has always double tapped nameplates of new spawning actors, add UOAssist on top and it triple taps them.  Most people would probably never notice this but if you do a lot of spawning events (champs etc) it becomes very obvious.

If you are fortunate enough to have UOAssist just disable the in game option and use the UOAssist 'Show names....' option alone, it surprisingly works as intended.

I often wonder if this was the reason UOAssist added that option in the first place!
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    Larisa said:
    Sometimes I do and sometimes I forget to log in with UOA so I'd say about half the time I am using it? So...that's not it either.

It just randomly started happening after a publish...not sure which one but it wasn't too long ago.
    Check your settings here to see what it is, won't eliminate it, but should help clear the screen out faster. uncheck the "duration based on length if checked.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• DragoDrago Posts: 290
    switch to EC you wont have this problem.  Bleak said on 6/28, no changes are being made to CC.
    Nevermind.....I don't like repeating myself.

And no thank you to the EC.

It doesn't really effect anything unless there are a lot of mobs/people around as in an EM or other big type event....was a simple question but it's all good, thanks anyway.

edited July 2021
    "you're welcome, please let us know if you notice anything else that has always been there"
    It hasn't always been there for me, if it had I wouldn't have said anything, but thanks for your non-helpful comments ;)