Sacrifice is broken?

JenniferMarieJenniferMarie Posts: 286
edited July 2021 in Bugs
For the past four days, whenever I try to use Sacrifice to res down in Fire Dungeon, I get the journal message “You cannot use this ability.”

I have plenty of Sacrifice to use, and I have submitted an in-game bug report. I have also deleted my User file, thinking maybe something was broken in the coding for my sampire’s user coding and that didn’t fix it, either.

I was able to use Sacrifice to res before Sunday. What happened?

Edit Note: I can use Sacrifice while alive to sacrifice Fame and gain more virtue points, but when I am dead I get the “You cannot use this ability” message.
~ Jennifer-Marie

"Insanity is a naturally occurring mutation; humanity has just managed to perfect it." -- JMK [[me]]
Tagged:

Comments

• Update: On my sampire this morning, I again was able to Sacrifice Fame to gain more virtue, but was unable to use it while dead. I submitted another in-game bug report.

Last night, while on my tamer (a different account), I was able to Sacrifice while dead at Roof.

so something has bugged on the account with my sampire.

@Kyronix @Bleak
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

"Insanity is a naturally occurring mutation; humanity has just managed to perfect it." -- JMK [[me]]
  • Screenshot from today - 07/02 @ 9:43 AM EST - showing successful Sacrifice of Fame

Screenshot from today - 07/02 @ 9:47 AM EST - showing error message when attempting to resurrect using Sacrifice while dead. (Just four minutes after successfully using the virtue to sacrifice Fame.)

~ Jennifer-Marie

• KhyroKhyro Posts: 227
    Are you using a macro that's set to auto-target sacrifice or anything? Have you tried using it directly through the Virtue Gump?
    https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    How much sacrifice virtue do you have? What does your virtue gump show?
  • Khyro said:
    Are you using a macro that's set to auto-target sacrifice or anything? Have you tried using it directly through the Virtue Gump?
    I always use the Virtue gump when dead and using Sacrifice to res.

Mariah said:
    How much sacrifice virtue do you have? What does your virtue gump show?
    Currently, 1 bubble away from Follower of Sacrifice - so there is plenty of sacrifice. The gump shows “seeker” before digging down into the actual virtue.
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

• Moving up from Seeker to Follower seems to have fixed the issue, though when I gained enough Sacrifice to move up a level I didn’t get the usual “you have gained a level in sacrifice” message, just the typical “you have gained sacrifice/you have lost a lot of fame” message.
    ~ Jennifer-Marie