wildfire ???

Comments

• CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865
    Yoshi said:
    "i disagree that the items are weak, the 200 luck hat, i know anyone with a lucksuit will strive to get even though it is only 10 luck more, the 10HCI earrings are in extremely high demand. 

I would be interested to know if some of the other items have uses, perhaps the lucky abomination skull for 150 points works like a luck statue but better?

I however agree about the antique weapons, especially with splintering, i'm not sure i would even want the weapons even if they were not antique"
        The Soul-glaive wouldn't be bad for pvm, anyway... antique ruins it completely though.
      the rest of the weapons not so much, even if they weren't antique.

the mask is pretty good, but the reason it's good is because luck pieces in loot are super hard to find.  sure it has 200 luck, but 10 luck isn't going to make a noticeable difference anywhere.
    it's the luck + other stats, works well as a piece to build around.  -I'll be trying for a few of em, even though I'm going to lose a precious +3 inherent LMC bonus from my orc/bone helms that are part of my suits now.... 

Earrings are good (human/elf only ones)  -I feel like it would serve gargoyles well if their earring slot & helmet slot were 2 different slots..  massive advantage for humans/elves over gargoyles for all items in the earring/head slots.

The small increase in gargoyle armor's "Base resistances" is very far from enough to justify fewer equipment slots for them.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    Yoshi said:
    "does anyone know if they successfully fixed the hand in artifacts to be cursed? or they remain insurable?"

We do not even know the Felucca shards yet - only 3 will be.... I'm praying for Europa :)

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "but the artifacts are dropping in trammel on origin no? perhaps someone can check to see if they are cursed?"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited June 2021
    CovenantX said:

The small increase in gargoyle armor's "Base resistances" is very far from enough to justify fewer equipment slots for them.
    Gargs have the same amount of slots. They have kilts with stats. Human kilts/skirts do not have stats. Human earrings do not have high resists.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Pawain said:
    @ popps  You have a real valid complaint about the prices on the items.  Get your writing materials out.

Most of the things they are trying to pass as weapons are just deco.  There is a lot of real just deco.  All of those are way too much.  None of those should be more than 25 points.

Wildfire Ostard 300 Points!!!  That should be 150.

@ Kyronix need a potion in the store.  No way to get that many points on a busy taming shard like LS.  The dungeon will be packed and we will be finding 1 mob every minute.

---At least it says it lasts till 9/01/21 So two months.---  Still too pricey.
    Indeed, the prices are too expensive !!

And I agree that the Ostard should be 150, not more.

And there is DECO pieces costing 150 points !!

Not to mention Weapons being ANTIQUE.... imagine having to repair them a go-go, what a nightmare....
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Pawain said:
    CovenantX said:

Gargs have the same amount of slots. They have kilts with stats. Human kilts/skirts do not have stats. Human earrings do not have high resists.
    While they have the same number of slots with two of them necklace/earrings/glasses being tinker items it's a huge gap...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    @Kyronix - Is there any reason behind the weapons being antique? Especially when it comes to the soul glaive; it's a 100% fire / fire area weap that won't have huge impacts in fire dungeon (maybe if it were cold instead) but could have some use... that said it being antique pretty much makes it a waste of a pick.
    edited June 2021
    Pawain said:
    CovenantX said:

gargoyles do not have the same amount of slots.    *the Kilt is the equivalent of the glove slot for gargoyles btw.

Earrings & a helmet can be worn as a human, those items are the same slot for gargoyles

This means, a Human could use, say.. Mace & Shields & the new Hci  + ninjitsu earrings... gargoyles have to choose between one or the other.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • WornOutYourToolWornOutYourTool Posts: 299
    edited June 2021
    Explaining won't help, he's been riding that train of though since stygian.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Pawain said:
    CovenantX said:

Sorry to disagree, but they don't:
    Human helm - gargoyle earrings
    human gorget - gargoyle necklace
    Human chest - gargoyle chest
    human arms - gargoyle arms
    human legs - gargoyle legs
    human gloves - gargoyle kilt
    human cloak - gargoyle wing armor
    human earrings - gargoyle ???

Yoshi said:
    "but the artifacts are dropping in trammel on origin no? perhaps someone can check to see if they are cursed?"
    not cursed even in fel 
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    edited June 2021
    keven2002 said:
    @ Kyronix - Is there any reason behind the weapons being antique? Especially when it comes to the soul glaive; it's a 100% fire / fire area weap that won't have huge impacts in fire dungeon (maybe if it were cold instead) but could have some use... that said it being antique pretty much makes it a waste of a pick.
    So they do not last forever.  
    Kyronix said:
    keven2002 said:
    @ Kyronix - Is there any reason behind the weapons being antique? Especially when it comes to the soul glaive; it's a 100% fire / fire area weap that won't have huge impacts in fire dungeon (maybe if it were cold instead) but could have some use... that said it being antique pretty much makes it a waste of a pick.
     I feel like Temporary Content should have Permanent rewards for those who've subbed & participated in said content enough to earn them.

Don't get me wrong, if everything on the list is "antique"... the Wildfire Ostard & some deco items (since they don't break) would literally be the only things people would even consider spending points on.
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    Pawain said:
    CovenantX said:

Sorry to disagree, but they don't:
    Human helm - gargoyle earrings
    human gorget - gargoyle necklace
    Human chest - gargoyle chest
    human arms - gargoyle arms
    human legs - gargoyle legs
    human gloves - gargoyle kilt
    human cloak - gargoyle wing armor
    human earrings - gargoyle ???

They just added human earrings with some stats.  They do not have high resists tho.  They could, like some suggested make Horn rings for gargs to even that up.

My dexxers only wear night sight earrings if they they are human so they do not see a difference.
  • zimazima Posts: 55

WKyronix said:
    keven2002 said:
    Wouldn't brittle accomplish the same thing? There is not lasting forever, and then there is not lasting a month like an antigue weapon would.
    Following the idea that antique items get higher intensity, shouldn't they at least be a little more powerful (imbue weight wise) than something I can get from a low level mob? From my experience, brittle splinter weps don't last very long. Antique makes them useless. While the bokuto has + 10 tac, im not sure it will see much use. The casting weps may, but the SDi loss may not be able to convince casters to use them. The bokuto seems to be an Imbue weight of about 450. 
    Did we REALLY need another SDi ring? How about a bracelet for a change? 
    As a paying customer, I wonder why the team would think that I would benefit from these items enough that I would spend play time trying to get them. Referencing the Ice dungeon event, there is no need to flesh out the rewards with useless items. I totally agree with the need for not so powerful items to increase the value of the good ones in the loot drop system. But I can't see that reasoning being effective in a pay-for-it type of scenario. 
    Pawain said:
    They just added human earrings with some stats.  They do not have high resists tho.  They could, like some suggested make Horn rings for gargs to even that up.

My dexxers only wear night sight earrings if they they are human so they do not see a difference.
       the difference is.

Human/Elf with Earrings & A Helmet   vs Gargoyle with Earrings OR a Helmet.

Let's go with Captain John's Hat + Human Earrings from this event as an example of what's wrong here.

Total stats for Human/Elf  using both earrings & Hat (two slots)

+30 skill increase (20 swords & 10 ninjitsu)
    +25 Hit chance Increase (+15 hat +10 earrings)
      Night Sight
      phys- 2
      Fire - 6
      cold - 9
       psn - 7
     enrgy- 23

Total Stats for Gargoyles using Earrings/Hat (same slot)

+10 skill (Ninjitsu)
     +10 Hit Chance Increase
      phys- 15
      Fire - 18
      cold - 15
       psn - 18
     enrgy- 15

Gargoyles get more resistances,but less of the stuff that makes the items good in the first place..

Both humans & Gargoyles still have 5 Armor Slots left to make up the resistance difference...but the hit chance & + skill cannot be reached for a gargoyle.
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    Like I said,  someone came up with the idea of Horn rings.  Make an appeal to someone who can make that happen.  I can't.  And I would not be against it.
    Pawain said:
    Like I said,  someone came up with the idea of Horn rings.  Make an appeal to someone who can make that happen.  I can't.  And I would not be against it.
    Ah the man steps up seeking to oppress the hornless gargs  :p
    Hornless Gargs r yucky.  They should at least have nubs.
    @Mene_Drachenfels ; :High Five:

We got them to listen.  There are soo many rewards but the prices dropped!
  • RonFellowsRonFellows Posts: 90
    @Kyronix have an eta for other shards yet? Looks like you guys have this pretty much dialed. 
  • zimazima Posts: 55
    And even the Wildfire Ostard isn't all that good. I'm reminded of a thread that @kyronix started that asked the players which artifacts we thought were good, and how we used them. One, they should do the same with pets, which pets we think are good, and why. Cause they havent learned yet. The ostard would be much better without magery. Give it healing instead, lose the poison and give us a rideable sandbox pet. I'd work my tail off for that! 
    Two, the apparently did not LEARN from that thread what it is that makes for good items. He even admits that most artifacts suck. Then goes ahead and creates more? That's a head scratcher

@RonFellows - likely rolling out tomorrow, keep an eye on UO.com
    @zima - the wildfire ostard is almost a 1:1 re-release of the Bane Dragon, which came from a player request (with a much more BA hue if I do say so myself).  Some of the other artifacts came from the ToT reward thread that's been out for a bit, and items that fit thematically with the event series.  There's a lot of review items go through before release, and I share all feedback for future releases with the rest of the team.

As always, appreciate the feedback.
    not a bad day played about 2 hours off and on got 11 turn ins found this ring on a mob 
  • twizagtwizag Posts: 53
    Kyronix said:
    @ RonFellows - likely rolling out tomorrow, keep an eye on UO.com
    @ zima - the wildfire ostard is almost a 1:1 re-release of the Bane Dragon, which came from a player request (with a much more BA hue if I do say so myself).  Some of the other artifacts came from the ToT reward thread that's been out for a bit, and items that fit thematically with the event series.  There's a lot of review items go through before release, and I share all feedback for future releases with the rest of the team.

As always, appreciate the feedback.
    Just one question-all the things from the event shard bound?
  • Mene_DrachenfelsMene_Drachenfels Posts: 245
    edited June 2021
    Pawain said:
    @ Mene_Drachenfels  :High Five:

We got them to listen.  There are soo many rewards but the prices dropped!

Blupp.....
    * looks surprised* what’s high five? A note?

I've read this and noticed this! Well, good arguments convince just, and against female charm comes no man anyway . . . . not even a Kyronix

* skilful innocent blink of the eye*
    It’s a great success, isn’t it? On top of that, intercontinental teamwork;)

Now I just want to convince the devs to keep this Dynamic ToT's permant – that would give each of the dungeons an extra kick again and again – even after the event – and I always find it kind to see a nice Mini Arti as a "gift" for your help in monsterbashing.

We still have it in Ilsh with the first Mini Arties, we have it in Doom, there are the Virtue Items, which can drop on Fel and Trammel side in the Virtue Dungeons – it happens to me again and again at the Champs – and we had it now 3 times in Tokuno with the Treasures of Tokuno. . . . was each time a huge success, which was also fun for everyone. – I still don’t understand why you can’t just leave it here;). Tokuno is the only facet without such kind of permanant drops.

It would hurt no one, and so completely understand why the producer side is so reluctant I honestly can’t.

A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

(Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)

Kyronix said:
    keven2002 said:

You sound exactly like my good friend Teclo.

I could shoot him as well. :)

Kyronix said:
    keven2002 said:

Ok - what is the problem with them lasting forever ?
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    zima said:

WKyronix said:
    keven2002 said:
    Wouldn't brittle accomplish the same thing? There is not lasting forever, and then there is not lasting a month like an antigue weapon would.
    Following the idea that antique items get higher intensity, shouldn't they at least be a little more powerful (imbue weight wise) than something I can get from a low level mob? From my experience, brittle splinter weps don't last very long. Antique makes them useless. 
    @Kyronix - I'd agree they should be brittle then instead of antique. If you really want to limit the life of the weapons, then make them brittle with 150 durb. The antique tag has them wear down way too fast and don't even make them worth buying. To @CovenantX point as well, if it isn't permanent content (ability to obtain) then it makes the weapon even less appealing.
    Cookie said:
    Kyronix said:
    keven2002 said:

You sound exactly like my good friend Teclo.

I could shoot him as well. :)

Comments like this have no place here, whether in jest or otherwise.  Happy to have an exchange but essentially advocating violence against me, I'm sure we can find a better way to communicate feedback.  

That being said - the problem with equipment lasting forever is that it breaks one of the fundamental gameplay loops within the game world.  By equipment functionally lasting forever, there is no need to replace it, hence there is no aspiration to acquire more and engage in further game play.  This results in a scenario where we have to release increasingly more powerful (desirable) equipment to replace existing equipment in order to keep the loop progressing.  This is how we end up with power creep, and encounters that become increasingly difficult.  

If the equipment isn't worth collecting from your perspective that's understandable.  Hopefully you'll find one of the other items appealing.