@ Kyronix Plz check Drop Rate of Page of Lore on Drachenfels

Mene_DrachenfelsMene_Drachenfels Posts: 245
edited June 2021 in General Discussions
Working the evil spawn today since server up with several chars up to now - and there's absolutly no drop a page from the evil mages level. THIS MUST NOT BE - REALLY! THIS CANNOT BE! Over 8 Hours now alone at the Champ and absolutly no change to a drop and therefore to get a complete Book of Lore. :(
Feels disapointed and frustated now!

Cannot believe that this is really works as intended! Why do we got 5 books to fill but no pages to fill them???? *complete confused*

Plz check this - this must be a bug or something else. We have only a few days now to get all pages - plz set a higher drop rate!

And before the scary calls come here:

No, I’m not too stupid to play!

A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

(Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)

Comments

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    edited June 2021

I'm with you on this. :/

I've pretty much given up, I don't see why they make some of these event drop rates quite so impossible. If the drop rate worked like Felucca spawn drops, I'd be perfectly happy, but it really doesn't seem to.

I don't get how it works, as far as I am concerned, it doesn't really work. This seems to keep happening on random drop rate events.

I actually liked the concept, now tbh, I tired of it, will bin it all, not going to waste my time on it anymore.

It would maybe have helped if the spawn was in Felucca, but having a grindy spawn this hard in Trammel is just boring, cannot get the players to do anything there.

I also got zero Yukio Earrings drop. Players say I'm doing something wrong, I'd love to know what exactly.

For some feedback - just so you have it in 1 place;

Khaldun Titan Stealables - Fantastic concept, great artwork, the most insanely low drop rate ever, I gave this one everything, and completely burned myself out on it, and got nothing at all.

Yukio Earrings - Great concept, good reward, I've not given it everything, and I've not burned myself out on it - mainly because work is too busy - BUT, I've done enough, to have one of the lowest RNG drop rates recorded ingame. I have got Zero so far.

Invasion Spellbooks - dropping from 1 stupid mob only within the spawn - one of the most coveted items ingame, given out in one of the most stupid ways possible - is it the same with the 2 above, I wonder, maybe it's a good thing I don't know what the drop system is, or I'd have a heart attack.

Treasure of Deceit Event - this is the best one you've done - fantastic rewards, exactly the right drop rate. I worked my arse off on this one, and I was rewarded for my gameplay at exactly the rate you should be for putting the effort in.

Treasures of Ice - the issue here - was the reward table was really flat. It was lovely that this was in Felucca, but due to lack of interest in the event, we could not make anything out of it.

Yukio Champ spawn - the Bracelet is nice enough - getting 1 per character per account is a bit of a boring way to get stuff, but at least this way I was actually able to get something I guess. The Books of Lore, and Pages - really nice concept - why SO hard? We really do only have so much time to play. And if anything gets in the way - such as bad game design - 30 minute wait on respawn times, not enough incentive for players to complete spawns, it really messes us up.

The First Aid Belt Champ spawn - The reward was amazing, thank god we got the opportunity to get enough of those. The style it was handed out, again a bit boring - same as above - but at least players could get something!

So - onto Treasure of Wildfire. I have hope, it is my favourite style at least - time/work put in leads to a fair reward, I hope it is in Felucca, and I hope the loot table is nice enough to go for.

• Mene_DrachenfelsMene_Drachenfels Posts: 245
    edited June 2021
    if I see than some special lucky boys to sell this pages for 175 MIOS i got an extra...... *inner explosion*......
    Hell - i want to play for this items for this and not pay for this ;)

This - when i'm right thinking is some kind of global events from the producer site where all should have the same change for a much longer time and not only four week tournus because we make this for the guys who feels bored so quick.

A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

(Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)

• ActionEllyActionElly Posts: 156
    edited June 2021
    Same thing on Lake Superior, I've gone 3 days now without a page drop. It's way to low for the work we're putting in on this one.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    3 accounts across 3 shards yesterday all levels of spawn no drops...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 630
    edited June 2021
    I'm at the point where I'm just going to log in to try to get a page every other day. I just don't have the time to sit there for hours trying to get a page when it seems I just get one every other day no matter how much time I devote to it. I'm not even going to get into what it feels like after spending 2 days trying to get one, only to get one that I previously got. Okay, changed my mind... *says bad word*. I am not the type of player that likes everything easy but this does seem a bit harsh.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    @Kyronix - A little info about how the pages drop for the dynamic champ would go a long way after several people seem to also question the drop rate.

@Mene_Drachenfels - Not sure if you have transfer tokens but on ATL the pages of lore are down around 8-10m right now. Not cheap but far from 175m each.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    edited June 2021
    These are the same as the other two dynamic spawns.

I brought up the low drop rate with cubes. I also have spent hours on random shards killing the spawn and not getting a drop.

These were designed as participation rewards.

I put in a bug report for cubes because they started even worse.  They put in a hot fix and made them drop like they do now.
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/47427

So, you would think that if you participate in a spawn you would get this reward.  You do not get these drops every time you participate.

I have had 20 pages drop so far and have really done it less than I did the other two spawns I was also gone for a week.

Here is what I do:  Only expect a drop from the first level, you may get one on the second. (I go for music box gears on the second level)  Since most shards have probably stopped killing the Rabbit you will find the spawn reverts back.  So, go check it and if it is on the first level kill away.  When you get a drop, stop.  Go get an other account or toon and continue.

I find this works more pleasantly if you skip a day.  Yesterday I got 3 pages in one spawn, today I wont go.

I think the issue with this event is the houses.  On the other two events the mobs were in the open and you could gather crowds.  You can not gather crowds in this event so you pluck away at a few mobs.

But the drop rate for these Dynamic spawns has not been predictable since the beginning.  I see no difference in this spawn and the last two.

I got 30 or so cubes.
    I got 33 or so Statues
    I have 20 pages so far.

Saying that,  For the amount of hours I can play, the drop rate is too low for a participation reward.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited June 2021
    keven2002 said:
    @ Kyronix - A little info about how the pages drop for the dynamic champ would go a long way after several people seem to also question the drop rate.

@ Mene_Drachenfels - Not sure if you have transfer tokens but on ATL the pages of lore are down around 8-10m right now. Not cheap but far from 175m each.

On exact this best advice tips i was waiting for ;)

Once again :) .... i want to play for this items if this are global events not pay any other for hunting- it's not my intend to buy anything that I could get on my own if something is well planned and playable ;)

I will not support Million, platinium or any other gold-hunterei on vendors  esp. on ATL if I must not !

Btw. Kyronix must have a look above - works now on DF ;) Thx , i hope this will go on till the end of this event

and it's equal if something works like other two spawns - if something seems to be buggy it have to be overlooked - 

• TrismegistosTrismegistos Posts: 193
    Yeah Menetekel,
    You are right.  I Support your request. Even If I can't change anything.
    That would be a topic for june the 7th.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited June 2021
    "my experience so far (on atlantic), i turn up and kill some spawn for around 30 seconds and receive 1 page, i don't seem to receive another page if i remain at the spawn, so i simply leave and return the following day for 30 seconds, 

I don't think 30 seconds per page is a grind"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited June 2021
    Yes of course - 30 seconds on the best played supported shard with the most player isn't so much .... pure luck i would say - someone seems do finish the champ for brace and the champ reseettet.

To me this is absolutly no point of view - comparing the most played shard with some of the lower populated. If you'll play on one of the lowered I'll swear you your face is no longer pretty enough to look at ;) .

He's either lying or knows some trick to get them right away. I'm also on ATL and I went 2-3 days ago at server up and worked the entire spawn (with only 4 others) to level 3 which took 30ish minutes and didn't get anything. Logged on yesterday morning and worked the spawn for 40minutes from start to mid 3rd level and again nothing.
  • russiarussia Posts: 2
    edited June 2021
    keven2002 said:
    He's either lying or knows some trick to get them right away. I'm also on ATL and I went 2-3 days ago at server up and worked the entire spawn (with only 4 others) to level 3 which took 30ish minutes and didn't get anything. Logged on yesterday morning and worked the spawn for 40minutes from start to mid 3rd level and again nothing.
  • russiarussia Posts: 2
    edited June 2021
    A single champion spawn gives only 8 pages (supposedly). Given that in mostly small shards people no longer clear spawns, those 8 pages will be exhausted early in the morning (as soon as the server starts) if there is no device.
    In my opinion, if you feel that the drop rate is low, it is not because the actual rate is low, but because the drop conditions are not met.
    Someone who doesn't get a single drop in a few days, or someone who gets a drop in 5 minutes, both may be right. Then, if the conditions are met, it can be estimated that the drop rate is, on the contrary, very high.
    The problem isn't the play time in the champion spawn, but the drop conditions.
    Perhaps the dev team can't tell you the conditions.
  • Zayin_MortZayin_Mort Posts: 30
    I have a different theory, but not sure if it is solid thou.
    I go there every day and if I dont get a page within the first 10 minutes I will just leave as my "timer" is not reset. So seems like every 3rd day I get a page within the first 5 minutes and then I can relog my 2 other accounts and also get a page drop within a few minutes.
    After this I just recall out. No more pages than 1 will ever drop. And as the boss dosnt weem to have any good random loot at all, it really dosnt make sense to stay and kill it if you already got the bracelet. I find this rather dumb. 
    Anyhow with this approach and 3 accounts I have now collected all pages but page 9 accross EUR and ATL shard.
    Zayin: Paladin
    Mort: Mystic Mage
    Siw: Tamer
    edited June 2021

@russia
    Very good comment here, comes to what I have observed so also quite close. And to speak with @Cookie here: – the ideas of the last events have been very good lately, but tragically they usually fail due to a so it seems only half-considered implementation. As a player, I’m willing to give up my time for something I like in the game, but I also want a certain guarantee of success that I can achieve what I set out to achieve. The good will of these “Global Mini Events aka ToT or Dynamic Champs” also to contribute usually fails miserably because of a realization that does not always benefit the player. Unfortunately, this has been the case quite often lately.

When I, as a player, can’t tell if someone has already cleaned up the nice extra gimmicks or not, and logically I’m beating on a spawn for hours without success – it’s extremely annoying and frustration. Then there is this limited time factor, which makes these things available only for 4 weeks and then never again! Even more frustration for people who cannot find the time for RL reasons, but still want to have these items.

How am I supposed to know if the accepted drop limit on the pages or before statues and what is still to come is fulfilled? I log in, get to the spawn, see spawn level 1 monsters, and get started. No one’s left, because everyone has already picked up their main reward from the boss – so I’m all alone. So how am I supposed to know if a boss monster has already been killed and the spawn reset. Or what should I know, that someone has already brought the spawn to level 2, recall away and the spawn after a certain time then switches back down to level 1? How am I supposed to know how many times this has happened during the day with this extreme caster cream cake from Evil Mages and Controllers with poison green toppings of Night Terrors when I’m on my own? The good intention that something should be done in teamwork is inevitably doomed to failure on the Low Player Shards.

If a dev can’t give me any conditions here, how something was planned and intended, that’s really sad enough. Especially here I expect this as a paying customer, who supports such plans with my own hard earned money to survive this game here! We as players who love this game are usually willing to sacrifice enough – the question is how much longer. Even if the focus here is probably now more on NL, the crowd – since NL is not out yet – still plays on the production shards. And here the game should at least be fun and not rustle. We all live much happier if life also makes us happy and doesn’t just kick our asses – or am I so wrong?

-----

edited June 2021
    My post above wasn' finished. This Forum is a horror ;)

What means this error:

I have this permanent, and most if editing or quoting some postings.

edited June 2021

I don’t want to complain. Since I’m basically on the point of view that you should leave items – no matter if armor parts, receipes, decorative items etc, that have come into play permanently, because, you should look, if you can’t develop them as a player somehow also yourself:
    The always well-meaning tip to buy the items is of no use to me if they are no longer available or playable. We should really get down from the trip. I do not have a contract with King Croesus, who gives me so 1 – 2 platinum for my item wishes without being asked. Even they want to be played for the first time if i do not intend to support any RMT-Sellers ;).

Nevertheless, on the subject some basic thoughts and ideas of mine, which might help to solve the problem and might even be open for discussion:

1. A kind of Adventurer’s All kinds of shop – a large in-game shop in a building in the capital of Britain with special NPC’s that sell a certain type of equipment or decoration to increase, but in a relatively short time playable price. Playable prize means not 175 Million UO Gold! The NPC could then be provided with an limit per char - e. g. maximum 2/3 Items per Char. That would be roughly the principle of the silver traders of the VVV system. Here you could find e. g. the main items from the Dynamic Champs or from the ToT. Or whole rarely dropping Receipes or Arties of the Peerless Bosses. Or e. g. also decoration items from the poison tokens like the Tales or the lamps and many more.
    The shop could then be designed and selected by the players via a design competition similar to Keep or Castle competition.

2. Another idea would be to let the already designed dynamics later be switched by the players themselves. A prerequisite could then be a pre-made longer quests like Zippy or Myrmidex Queen. The Champ would then still be there and the main items available for later players. Then the chance of getting a drop by fighting the spawn would also be much higher. Here, however, I would wish that every spawn level guarantees a drop.

The UO Store with the Sovereigns is OK for me. However, I wished because I as a passionate house builder and decorator freak something more useful worker-based and uo-professional decorative sets. e.g. for a tannery or for a rope shop.

@Mene_Drachenfels - I dont think it is the way described by @russia with a limited number of pages per spawn/day/champ.
    I have gone to spawn and got the pages of level 4 spawn also.
    It really seems as if your account (pr shard) has a timer for when you received a page to when you can get one again. Every time since event start I have received the pages within the first 5-10 mins of doing the spawn. Then there seems to be a timer of a few days maybe more (random?) that determines when you can get a page again. When this timer is up, you will again recieve the page after a few minutes - then you can log out as you wont get more pages before this timer is reset again. 
    I have a total of maybe 25 pages across EUR and ATL - using 3 accounts to get them.
    I just log in and test if I get a page within some minutes - if not I leave a gain as it will be a waste of time.
  • The fact that something is constantly being set up or programmed, that some here are wonderfully presented and happy, while other equally dedicated people are constantly presented the ass card, doesn’t surprise me for a long time;) – still remains the question, whether it is really necessary to have to make such small but fine differences here?

The fact that something is constantly being set up or programmed, that some here are wonderfully presented and happy, while other equally dedicated people are constantly presented the ass card, doesn’t surprise me for a long time;)

I love how you said that, that is your German? coming through :)

In Bold - this is me, everyone knows when it comes to PvM :)

• DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    is it only with the evil mages?  It should be every period of the spawn you get a chance for one?  
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
    Drakelord said:
    is it only with the evil mages?  It should be every period of the spawn you get a chance for one?  
    This is definitely not what I have seen - I only get 1 lore page per spawn and I get it within a few minutes. After this it takes some days before I can get another lore page.
  • Cookie said:
    The fact that something is constantly being set up or programmed, that some here are wonderfully presented and happy, while other equally dedicated people are constantly presented the ass card, doesn’t surprise me for a long time;)

I love how you said that, that is your German? coming through :)

In Bold - this is me, everyone knows when it comes to PvM :)

Yes that's german slang - I haven't found a good english phrase to explain how pissed I be! Englisch sometimes have the tendency to make it all candy ;)

Yes that's german slang - I haven't found a good english phrase to explain how pissed I be! Englisch sometimes have the tendency to make it all candy ;)

:D

Not when I use it, lol!!!

• So - Test result with a two chars this morning with to oldschool skilled warriors, both legendary - Fencing and Sword, one with about 800 luck, one without luck, one startet this morning, one is bashing spawn since three days now - null, nada, nothing, niente! Except Ass-Card!

Was fighting an 1 hour after server up and startet this a while after the refresh was at about 06:45. Serverup normally is around 06:00 Uhr to 06:10 on DF. Be alone at the champ, nothing else there - Level 1 Evil Mages......

Can again not say if one was there to pick the pages first or if i be the first. No drop after only a few minutes fighting. The only guaranted drop was - tadaaaa - a death robe! What a wonderful day..... >:)

I've been busy with work the past few days so I haven't hit the spawn or really even logged in. I read what you guys said and decided to hop in real quick as my timer must have reset (it's been like 4 days since I hit the spawn and even then I didn't get a page before logging off). I worked the spawn from level 2 to level 3 with just 1 other person... 25min later still no page. I do not think it's a character / account timer unless it's real time spent logged in or something.

@Kyronix - Can you please give us logic on how the drop rate is or at least look at it again to see if it needs refreshed?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    edited June 2021
    A few of us on LS have not been getting drops for a few days so we finished the spawn and killed the Bunny. New spawn, some of us got drops but I could not get them to do a count. Killed Bunny again, we got drops again. I used different accounts for the spawn. I got one on the first one. Two on the second. Lots more players on the first one 

Our Bunny does instant death and regens HP 3 times. So we have to have someone constantly peace it and we have to kill it 4 times. So we have to have a group and organise. Unlike the easy Bunny on Atlantic.

So if you do the spawn you reset drops. But they are still not equal to a participation reward. Some players got no drops in those two rounds. So it is difficult to get players to spend 40 to 60 minutes on just the Bunny part. Then they have to come back in 30 minutes and hope to get a drop in the first level.

I'm up to 23 pages. Still could get the same amount of drops as the other spawns. But this one is a lot less fun because of the buildings and the boss our @EM Thrixx chose.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    i don't think anyone chooses the boss it's just random....
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    edited June 2021
    Who had the fabalous idea on global - I repeat global > means world wide event over all shards to let EM choose the bosses? I do not have to understand this, or? Either everyone have the same conditions or none of them, but not such a kind of "Mixed Mesh" through which no one can see right through anymore.