Why can't ethereal mounts be 0

I just think ethereal mounts shouldn't cost as a follower-- they don't follow!! You can't use them as combat pet so what's the big deal? It would really open up more pet usage!

Comments

• RonFellowsRonFellows Posts: 90
    Play a gargoyle. 
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    Play a gargoyle. 
    Add some Ninjer if you're human/elf. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• ActionEllyActionElly Posts: 156
    edited May 2021
    But my poor Ethereal's never get used.  :s
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    They are great to have in your pack when you are reserrected.
  • DizzyDizzy Posts: 78
    Arnold7 said:
    Not really.  Your pet still count as a follower, so you can't mount the ethereal.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    True if you have a five slot pet.  But if you have a slot available like I do you can quickly mount up and get back into the action.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    It’s fine as is tbh. Been like this forever. Tamers with a 5 slot pet have the penalty for having such a powerful creature under than command. 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited May 2021
    Ethereal serves like a rideable pet so it has to take a up one follower slot just like any ride which can't fight... if they can fight well when dismounted then it will cost more than 1 slot.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    edited May 2021
    I didn't say they cannot fight, I said if they can fight well. Maybe we all have different interpretations of what is meant by "fight well". You may mean against a mongbat, but obviously I mean against those tougher mobs ofcourse, if not why anyone bothers to train to higher slots.
    Arnold7 said:

Unfortunately as a tamer you can't use b/c your slots are all taken up with your pet.
    Honestly, it had to do with pvp and so just make it non-ridable after being flagged isn't this a thing already?
    edited May 2021
    dvvid said:
    It’s fine as is tbh. Been like this forever. Tamers with a 5 slot pet have the penalty for having such a powerful creature under than command. 

Actually no, it wasn't until the new taming system did we have all 5 slot pets. I used to be able to ride my nightmare and have my white wyrm on follow. o:)
    I was just saying the ethy counting as 1 slot has been like that forever. 
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Seth said:
    I didn't say they cannot fight, I said if they can fight well. Maybe we all have different interpretations of what is meant by "fight well". You may mean against a mongbat, but obviously I mean against those tougher mobs ofcourse, if not why anyone bothers to train to higher slots.
    Seth said:
    Ethereal serves like a rideable pet so it has to take a up one follower slot just like any ride which can't fight... if they can fight well when dismounted then it will cost more than 1 slot.
    REALLY  Must have been a senior moment.
    What is your problem, do you read one part and not the entire sentence?
    which can't fight... if they can fight well
    Please stop picking fight all over this forum.

edited May 2021
    Seth said:

Seth said:
    And another senior moment, guess you forgot the 1 slot part.
    If they are 1 slot then they can not fight and if they can fight then they are more than 1 slot, thanks for clearing that up, so every bodies 1 slot pet that they trained magically became 2 slot pets so they can fight, now how did that happen, PFM.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    My 1 slot packies can fight. They don't last long but they can still fight.

Bilbo said:
    Seth said:

Seth said:
    And another senior moment, guess you forgot the 1 slot part.
    If they are 1 slot then they can not fight and if they can fight then they are more than 1 slot, thanks for clearing that up, so every bodies 1 slot pet that they trained magically became 2 slot pets so they can fight, now how did that happen, PFM.

i see someone still sore over your lost debate in game client. :D
    Back to the OP, Unless flying takes up a pet slot then Ethies should not.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    It's a choice you have to make carefully, you can have a 4 slot pet and an ethy, or you can have a 5 slot pet and walk, run Ninjer or be a gargoyle. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Yeah, all those choices pretty much suck. lol
    Gargoyles already have disadvantages over humans and elves. If flight is 1 slot then it could be argued that gargoyles should be able to wear human and elf clothing. The races are different to offer dynamic gameplay options. 
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Gargoyles have the advantage of mounted speed with a 5 slot pet, which is offset by never being able to mount a pet.  That is balanced.  Making an ethy a zero slot mount has no balance to it.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Yes Gargoyle can fly but pets get 33% dumber when you are trying to get them to follow OOOHH a tree i am stuck...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way...