Running pauses

When my character runs he goes so far and then stops for a second reclick mouse and starts again. I amusing the EH client. This occurs sooner when I am going around corners but happens in a straight line also. Nothing is blocking him and it happens regardless of location. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Riner

Comments

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,296
    Might have something to do with the connection to UO.  Happens to me when I first log on but usually starts working normally after a minute or so.  But, also occurs sometimes when I am playing.  Sometimes it gets better and sometimes not.  Server seems to have problems not most of the time but often enough that it is fairly common place for character movement to be inhibited.  Can be very frustrating when it happens when you want to take part in an action event that requires you to move quickly.
  • Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 269
    The infamous “stutter step” is usually linked to your server connection tho sometimes it has been attributed to server side issues. Try logging on a different server with a better connection and test. You may find the servers geographical location can influence this undesirable effect. If there is still no noticeable difference it may be your gaming system.

Many things can cause this (hardware/software updates, outdated drivers, system resource allocations, bottlenecked graphics cards, metered networks, network population, etc,...) so its hard to pin down the correct issue sometimes. Hope you can resolve it bc speaking from experience... playing like that really sucks A$$.
  • I've had this happen too, also in the EC. Circumstances usually suggest to me that it's connected to movement in the EC being slightly faster than the stuff loading around me. I've come to call it a "correction," and it doesn't seem to actually impact anything.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    I've had this happen too, also in the EC. Circumstances usually suggest to me that it's connected to movement in the EC being slightly faster than the stuff loading around me. I've come to call it a "correction," and it doesn't seem to actually impact anything.
    Are you talking about when you run around and stop then you are moved like a tile or 2? I can’t stand that. It is like a correction of sorts. It’s pretty annoying though. 

I think the original poster is talking about the effects of lag where you run/walk for a few seconds then stop then go again then stop. I’ve experienced this when my bandwidth is compromised by another download going on... like software update... windows update... etc
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,140
    One thing to point out is that the OP says they need to "reclick" which makes me think it isn't lag in the traditional sense where you run a few steps then pause then keep running. It's almost like a communication with the server is severed and you need to restart it.

I've also experienced this where I'm doing something running/walking somewhere and it stops... at first I thought I stopped holding down the mouse but after a few times I consciously pressed harder when I stopped moving and confirmed it wasn't me since it was still being held down. At that point I chalked it up to my mouse being older and maybe not working as well... eventually got a new one but I still experience this from time to time. At this point it's just a "UO quirk" but glad it's not just me! lol
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,209
    It also does it when you have auto run and the pointer hits something it can mouseover like a npc or chest or reg laying on the ground.