Pirate Black Market question

I know there are a lot of new items on the Black Market. I was wondering if all of the new stuff is permanent or is some limited time. If some are limited, is there a list of the limited time items? I don't get to play a lot and want to manage my time so I can get the items I want. Thanks 

Comments

• DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,729
    @Mariah and why a 300k cap?  Before this during the 1st part last year I had well over a 800k points and there was no cap, today I hit 300k and I told I have to purchase from the pirate, why am I being forced to do this at the market.  I rather turn in mine cargo then struggle with storing it till I can turn it in.
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,930Moderator
    @Drakelord The answer to your question can be found in this thread.

• So I looked through that thread.

The answer to the "why the cap" question seems to be that they are basing the cost of items on the average points stored, and don't want to have new items cost overly much.

(Quick parenthetical: K phrases it as though it were somehow mandatory that they price the items this way.  Which is weird. I don't see why they'd be required to do it that way. So I'm understanding this as "this is how we do it, this is the system we prefer." I won't waste time arguing about whether this is a good idea or not, I'm just accepting that this is how they're doing it and rephrasing their reasoning in that light.)

What I don't see in that thread though is an answer to the question of if the new items are time-limited or not.

I've heard no. I've heard that they will stick around. I have no reason to disbelieve this.

But, I'd also rather have it confirmed.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,911
    They said the cap was supposed to be there the whole time.
    Just like the fellowship.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,108Dev
    Everything in the Black Market is permanent.  Spend the points, stop hoarding them. :)
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,245
    Kyronix said:
    Everything in the Black Market is permanent.  Spend the points, stop hoarding them. :)

Thank-you, that's great. :)
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    @Kyronix since Tokuno was dead has hell...this quest for earring is really good to make it live again...i wish this the part quest for the earring will always remain after the event...maybe just put some other rewards to replace lore item drops
  • JohnKnighthawkeJohnKnighthawke Posts: 406
    edited April 2021

Kyronix said: Everything in the Black Market is permanent.  Spend the points, stop hoarding them. :)

Thank you for the unambiguous clarification.

Kyronix said:

Thank you for the unambiguous clarification

please read before posting im talking about the yukio quest
  • Fortis said:

Kyronix said:

please read before posting im talking about the yukio quest I was replying to Kyronix, who posted before you, and was talking about the Black Market. I'd surely like to have similar answers about the quest too but since Kyronix posted before you I doubt that's what he was addressing.
    edited April 2021
    Fortis said:

Kyronix said:

Since Julias  quest for the tile is still around after a year. It seems they are going to leave these Dynamic quest in the game. We could actually build on this one because it is not finished. We do not know where Yukio is.
    Pawain said:
    Fortis said:

Kyronix said:

Since Julias  quest for the tile is still around after a year. It seems they are going to leave these Dynamic quest in the game. We could actually build on this one because it is not finished. We do not know where Yukio is. Julia quest was live on september...6months ago...they should say if it s permanent or not
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited April 2021
    Fortis said:
    @ Kyronix since Tokuno was dead has hell...this quest for earring is really good to make it live again...i wish this the part quest for the earring will always remain after the event...maybe just put some other rewards to replace lore item drops

Agreed.
    Actually I was hoping for all those wearable artifact items that cannot be POF, to allow us to obtain via alternative methods in the game. I have been avoiding them in my grinding templates.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Kyronix said:
    Thank you Kyronix!  
    @Kyronix
    For those of us who missed this event,

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/seasonal-events/halloween-treasures-of-the-sea/

Pls consider bringing back items like the pumpkin cannon, pumpkin boat and head during future Halloween. These can be seasonal rewards in the black market if they are not meant to become regular items. 

Thanks!
    Then mine would lose their value.  NO
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,659
    Seth said:
    @ Kyronix

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/seasonal-events/halloween-treasures-of-the-sea/

Pls consider bringing back items like the pumpkin cannon, pumpkin boat and head during future Halloween. These can be seasonal rewards in the black market if they are not meant to become regular items. 

Thanks!
    would love that too
    Seth said:
    @ Kyronix

Thanks!
    Everyone have missed event...we ask for bane event they say know but this event halloween lasted till april and was way lonher active than any other event and its only just little over one year...i rather see many old event coming back than this boring one filling soulbinder...plently of bugs ej less damage was getting 6 bottles per kill than a full sdi player or a good pet
    edited May 2021
    Fortis said:
    Seth said:
    @ Kyronix

Thanks!
    Everyone have missed event...we ask for bane event they say know but this event halloween lasted till april and was way lonher active than any other event and its only just little over one year...i rather see many old event coming back than this boring one filling soulbinder...plently of bugs ej less damage was getting 6 bottles per kill than a full sdi player or a good pet

Yeah, I know what you mean about filling soulbinder.

I meant to "bring back items" (not event) like the Fellowship Medallion which was put into the black market as a reward. Drakelord mentioned at "Dev M&G, was told they not going to bring it back", but that decision was changed later.

So I was thinking since this "black market" is by definition, "an illegal traffic or trade in officially controlled or scarce commodities.", these items can also go in there. (at least the pumpkin cannons and row boat).

Yeah, I was afraid about lost in value when they brought back 50 sdi spellbooks, serpents' jaw, and Mask of Khal Ankur, the +30 sdi undead slayer spellbook.

Anyway, just a suggestion. If its not good, so be it. Not a big pain.

Ya that was weird. I would stop halfway on Scalis and get more bottles than if I stayed on it.

Just traded Pumpkin Helms for earrings  so they can bring them back now. hehe
    Now I don't have to do the quest anymore.  Can save energy for the spawn.
    edited May 2021
    btw, me and my friend spent millions to buy the Fellowship Medallion from another shard before they were added to black market.

Ouch, but we are happy for everyone else that could not get them during the event. Happy hunting!

P.S. Dev there is a big impact on your decision whether to bring back an item, because they are (or were) very expensive indeed, until they become available again.
    edited May 2021
    Dang I would have given you a medallion.  I ran all my toons thru that quest.  But its good they brought those back since they are needed to do content.

Maybe they will make new headgear.
    Pawain said:
    Dang I would have given you a medallion.  I ran all my toons thru that quest.  But its good they brought those back since they are needed to do content.

Maybe they will make new headgear.

Its alright and they did the right thing to bring back the medallion. A new halloween headgear will be nice.
  • HippoHippo Posts: 266
    I ran 10-12 characters (fortunately 2 gargoyles)  through the original medallion quest chain before learning that anyone (gargs could only use garg version) could use the medallion once it turned blue. Sold 1-2 back in the day and loaned the extra medallions to guildmates for the tabard runs.