Default UI on EC lists incorrect casting times for Necromancy

MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
edited June 2018 in Bugs
The bug i experience is, on default ui on EC, necromancy spellbook lists the following casting speeds:
Animate dead 1.5s
Blood oath 1.5s
Corpse Skin 2s
Curse Weapon 1s
Evil omen 1s
Horrific Beast 4s
Lich Form 4s
Mind Rot 1.5s
Pain Spike 1s
Poison strike 2s
Strangle 2.5s
Summon Familiar 4s
Vampiric Embrace 4s
Vengeful Spirit 4s
Wither 1.5s
Wraith Form 4s
Exorcism 2s

The expected result is to list the spell casting times as the following (relative to the listed magery/mysticism casting speeds)
Animate dead 1.25s
Blood oath 1.25s
Corpse Skin 1.25s
Curse Weapon 0.5s
Evil omen 0.5s
Horrific Beast 1.75s
Lich Form 1.75s
Mind Rot 1.25s
Pain Spike 0.75s
Poison strike 1.5s
Strangle 1.75s
Summon Familiar 1.75s
Vampiric Embrace 1.75s
Vengeful Spirit 1.75s
Wither 1.s
Wraith Form 1.75s
Exorcism 1.75s

You're welcome.
I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    " @Arroth_Thaiel can you fix please? "
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited April 2021
    I found the spells info in SpellsInfo.lua, seems to be these:

elseif (spellId == 104 or spellId == 109 or spellId == 105) then -- Necromancy
    		speed = 1
    		forceCap = true
    	elseif (spellId == 102 or spellId == 108 or spellId == 101 or spellId == 115) then -- Necromancy
    		speed = 1.5
    		forceCap = true
    	elseif (spellId == 103 or spellId == 110 or spellId == 117) then -- Necromancy
    		speed = 2
    		forceCap = true
    	elseif (spellId == 111) then -- Necromancy
    		speed =2.5
    		forceCap = true
    	elseif (spellId == 116 or spellId == 112 or spellId == 106 or spellId == 107 or spellId == 113 or spellId == 114) then -- Necromancy
    		speed = 4
    		forceCap = true

The spell id are linked to the actual spells in another part of the code.
    Let's wait for @Arroth_Thaiel to confirm.

@Yoshi are you sure the timings are wrong before we change?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    edited April 2021
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited April 2021
    Ok, the spell references for the ID above are found as follows:

elseif (spellId == 101) then -- Animate Dead return 40 elseif (spellId == 102) then -- Blood Oath return 20 elseif (spellId == 103) then -- Corpse Skin return 20 elseif (spellId == 104) then -- Curse Weapon return 0 elseif (spellId == 105) then -- Evil Omen return 20 elseif (spellId == 106) then -- Horrific Beast return 40 elseif (spellId == 107) then -- Lich Form return 70 elseif (spellId == 108) then -- Mind Rot return 30 elseif (spellId == 109) then -- Pain Spike return 20 elseif (spellId == 110) then -- Poison Strike return 50 elseif (spellId == 111) then -- Strangle return 65 elseif (spellId == 112) then -- Summon Familiar return 30 elseif (spellId == 113) then -- Vampiric Embrace return 99 elseif (spellId == 114) then -- Vengeful Spirit return 80 elseif (spellId == 115) then -- Wither return 60 elseif (spellId == 116) then -- Wraith Form return 20 elseif (spellId == 117) then -- Exorcism return 80 end
    So basically anyone can change the timings in the my first post's if-else statements that has this:
    speed = xx
    I think I may have got this right this time but again, will be happy if @Arroth_Thaiel can confirm.
    edited April 2021
    btw in EC, the spell timings shown are affected by the equipped FC.
    So if we equip FC 2, the spell timings will be adjusted to show -0.5 secs faster on the spellbook.

This is the case for magery spellbook but I believe Necro is the same.

edited April 2021
    "all the base timings are incorrect, wearing fc2 should show evil omen as having 0.25 seconds etc etc, the corrected times listed in the OP are what the times should read at FC0”
    edited April 2021
    Based on this webpage again:

The stated delay times for the spells are "correct" but if you say they are wrong, then I think its best to ask @Mariah to verify and amend the official Wiki first. This is so that both Wiki and game info matches.

• Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,030
    edited April 2021
    @Misk (just FYI - this is mostly just my logic train!)

I have not checked each spell in the Necromancy school, but Mervyn appears correct, there is a discrepancy between the spell casting times displayed by the UI and the actual spell casting times. I have not been able to reduce casting times as much as Mervyn in the original post, but I can reduce them by almost half. 

Example - Lich Form:

With 0 FC, the .lua defines the displayed casting speed of Lich Form as 4 seconds. This is then passed to the in game UI (spellbook) - which is probably where Mariah got the values for the wiki, which would then also be incorrect. 

FC is capped at 2 for Necromancy and therefore should yield a max 0.5s reduction. So, Lich Form should never be able to be cast faster than 3.5s, at least according to the UI.

However, with FC 2 and FCR 6 (to eliminate recovery time) you can cast Lich Form every 2 seconds.

This can be demonstrated with the Macro:
    Lich Form
    Delay 2.0
    Lich Form

Lich Form will be successfully cast both times. 

If the Delay is set to 1.75, the second Lich Form will not cast (at least for me). 

This indicates to me that the base casting time (0 FC) for Lich Form is actually 2.5 seconds, not 4.0 seconds as displayed by the UI.

As I said, I cannot get the casting times as low as the OP, even with FC 2 and FCR 6 (to eliminate recovery times).

In summary, there does appear to be a display issue, by my results for base times are significantly different than the OP's.
    -Arroth
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,030
    edited April 2021
    @Seth

The first code block you posted does appear to be the base speeds. I'd be careful altering them unless you determine the base speeds yourself. I cannot reproduce what Mervyn posted.

The second code block you posted is from the Minimum Skill requirements, it won't (shouldn't) effect the casting speed display.
    -Arroth
    @ Seth

The first code block you posted does appear to be the base speeds. I'd be careful altering them unless you determine the base speeds yourself. I cannot reproduce what Mervyn posted.

The second code block you posted is from the Minimum Skill requirements, it won't (shouldn't) effect the casting speed display.

Yup, I used the second block to match the spell ID with the first.
    edited April 2021
    "I should point out, that 2 years ago i had this discussion with the wiki editor about listing the incorrect casting times on the wiki, she said she would need to verify the casting times with the dev team, i can only presume they did not respond to her,
    I cannot guarantee 100% accuracy of the timings in the OP, however they are significantly more accurate than what is currently displayed."
    edited April 2021
    It should not be hard or time consuming for the Dev to reply this since delays directly coded, it does not require "testing".