career change: adding Mysticism to Archer/Bowyer build

o:)  It was not my fault.  I blame the bracelet:

Another character happened to receive this as loot.  It looked really great.  "Gee, I wish I had a mystic weapons fighter who could use that."  I looked up my characters on Sonoma.  Reviewing them quickly I realized Erika was a vanilla Paladin Archer and Bowyer with her skills basically in the 50s.  If she eliminated her goal of 120 Resist Spells and became a partial Paladin, this could happen:

Erika, human
- - - - -
120: Mysticism, Focus, Archery
100: Bowcraft, Armslore, Tactics
  60: Chivalry
90d/70i/70s

From what I have seen, Mystics don't need Resist Spells very much.  Between the passive Stone Form available at low levels and Cleansing Winds becoming usable as a journeyman mystic, you have counter to poison, bleeds, and many curses. Plus at 60 Chivalry, the Remove Curse spell will be cast reliably. (I doubt it would eliminate all curses at that level, but added to full-power Cleansing Winds, Erika should be okay.)

Please critique this build.  I know she would be a more effective adventurer without the crafting, but I like the archer/bowyer concept thematically.
Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    First, why would a paladin need resist spells?  I have no PvM toons that use resist spells. Carry Enchanted Apples.

Next, toss the bracelet it is crap.  Thats a candidate for unravel or points. Not something to wear.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • RockRock Posts: 567
    Not all of my characters know talented imbuers or are ready to take on high end spawns.  So Erika is going to keep using the ring for a while.
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)