EJs and Gen Chat

Thank you Devs, this is the first thing you've done in quite a while that actually pleases me. Let's hope it survives the soon to begin whinefestival. 
You and Several Others like this.


Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it.

Comments

  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 341
    100%, Is this the first time we have agreed???? feels strange!

    I don't care if it upsets EJ accts. Thats what subs are for. Its great that Paying customers are actually being looked after.

    though I would like a total ban on illegal RMT sellers ability to profit. Not that there are many, but IF there are ne player sin Help that can easily be preyed upon there

    So how about a TOTAL ban on EJ chat abilities
  • +1 
    there are still a few accounts that can get through (i have an EJ account that can still use it) but the spam is very tolerable now.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

    Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,196
    Instead of letting the Help channel be spammed maybe they should have gone with a EJ Gen Chat channel?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 4,008
    The spammers are truly the only way a new or old returning player can get help in the games economy where power scrolls cost multi millions and primers cost multi millions.

    Glad they can connect with the audience that needs their help.

    As for my opinion on the matter. I will Agree with Popps upcoming novel on the subject.
  • GwenGwen Posts: 68
    Pawain said:
    The spammers are truly the only way a new or old returning player can get help in the games economy where power scrolls cost multi millions and primers cost multi millions.

    Glad they can connect with the audience that needs their help.

    As for my opinion on the matter. I will Agree with Popps upcoming novel on the subject.
    You can have cheap power scrolls (110-115 are cheap). Especially non-popular skills. And newbie can survive with 1-2 lvl primers. 
    You just need to play the game and you will get scrolls and primers and gear. Want some top-stuff after 20 minutes of playing - go to RMT traders. Or sell stuff from UOstore.  
  • PawainPawain Posts: 4,008
    Gwen said:
    Pawain said:
    The spammers are truly the only way a new or old returning player can get help in the games economy where power scrolls cost multi millions and primers cost multi millions.

    Glad they can connect with the audience that needs their help.

    As for my opinion on the matter. I will Agree with Popps upcoming novel on the subject.
    You can have cheap power scrolls (110-115 are cheap). Especially non-popular skills. And newbie can survive with 1-2 lvl primers. 
    You just need to play the game and you will get scrolls and primers and gear. Want some top-stuff after 20 minutes of playing - go to RMT traders. Or sell stuff from UOstore.  
    Too bad EJ accounts will not hear this advice.  :D
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,600
    +1 
    there are still a few accounts that can get through (i have an EJ account that can still use it) but the spam is very tolerable now.
    Not if you are on Izmo, Origin or Baja
  • Bilbo said:
    +1 
    there are still a few accounts that can get through (i have an EJ account that can still use it) but the spam is very tolerable now.
    Not if you are on Izmo, Origin or Baja
    i'm on Origin
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

    Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

  • PawainPawain Posts: 4,008
    Would be nice if accounts older than a year that return as EJ could use chat. They spam the whole account is banned.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,600
    Bilbo said:
    +1 
    there are still a few accounts that can get through (i have an EJ account that can still use it) but the spam is very tolerable now.
    Not if you are on Izmo, Origin or Baja
    i'm on Origin
    I logged in a house holder account that has not been used in awhile so it is an EJ Account to test and even though it said I was in Gen Chat from when I last logged him I could not use it so I left gen chat and went to help then I tried to go to any other chat and it would not let me so I can have Help or NONE
  • poppspopps Posts: 2,160
    Honestly, I do not understand why this "ban" for EJ accounts on Chat Channels but for the Help one, could not be conditioned to the spamming of RMT announcements....

    I mean, use a filter for RMT key words often used also picking voluntary mistypings to avoid the bans, and so real EJs could still use the General Chat to seek for help while the RMT would be hit by the ban....

    Realistically, are there many Veteran players who keep their Help Channel up at all times ?

    Now, real New or Returning players on an EJ account will have a hard time finding help...
  • The RMT sites will figure away around any filter and the devs will have to spend more time than is necessary to keep adding words to the filter. With this solution they are confined to the one channel and the Devs can continue to focus on the NL. is it perfect? no it isn't but it satisfies the most people possible for now, and that's the best case scenario.  
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

    Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,600
    popps said:
    Honestly, I do not understand why this "ban" for EJ accounts on Chat Channels but for the Help one, could not be conditioned to the spamming of RMT announcements....

    I mean, use a filter for RMT key words often used also picking voluntary mistypings to avoid the bans, and so real EJs could still use the General Chat to seek for help while the RMT would be hit by the ban....

    Realistically, are there many Veteran players who keep their Help Channel up at all times ?

    Now, real New or Returning players on an EJ account will have a hard time finding help...
    Funny how Trial Accounts made it with Help only for all those years and as far as the understanding why it needed to be done is very understandable on your part because that is your standard mode when it comes to UO but that is OK because the rest of us understand it which is the norm for us.
  • PolarisPolaris Posts: 101
    Thank you Devs so much. I just read this and it will be a huge improvement for Ultima.
Sign In or Register to comment.