currently at cap for doubloons?

McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
on origin not test but suddenly getting a you are at cap for doubloons (i only have 327,157)
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,108Dev
    Yes, doubloons are capped 300k.  Spend some!
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Kyronix said:
    yes sir !

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,318
    Or,  start collecting on a different character?
    i think this a good thing as it means no item will be more than 300k at max!
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,896
    edited March 2021
    Kyronix said:
    @Kyronix ;

Wait !!

What if one ALREADY has more then 300k doubloons with the Pirate ?

Will they get wiped any Doubloons over the 300k that they may ALREADY have when the Publish will hit their Shard?

Seriously ??

People put work, gameplay and time into getting those Doubloons, how can they get to have them wiped like that, because of a Publish ?

Not every player reads these Forums, and neither they read the Publish notes... they might not be playing UO at this current time and, yet, they DO remember having Doubloons with the Black Market with whatever amount they may have over 300k.....

If you wipe their Doubloons away with a Publish of whatever players may have in excess of 300k, can you imagine how many players might get seriously upset for losing all of their Doubloons which cost them time, effort and gameplay ?

@popps stop making something out of nothing you wrote a novel over something you could have easily checked....
    edited March 2021
    McDougle said:

@ popps stop making something out of nothing you wrote a novel over something you could have easily checked....
    I do not understand you.

You your self said, in your OP Post "On Origin not test".... I happen not to have a character on Origin with "over" 300k Doubloons so, how could I Test if any Doubloons I had over 300k got wiped by the Origin Publish ?

Yes, you did mention having 327,157 doubloons but, for what I know, those Doubloons could be on a Shard "other" then Origin not yet having the Publish....

Furthermore, with these things, isn't it better to be "safer then sorry" and, thus, to ask for a more detailed explaination of how this will work ?

I do not think that players would appreciate seeing their Doubloons get "wiped" if they ALREADY have, currently, a balance that is in excess of 300k, once the Publish will hit their Shard....
    Not wiping doubloons, did I say that?  I said spend them, which indicates you have to spend the ones you have over the 300k cap.  So if that is true, how can wiping them also be true?  Doesn't make any sense!  Walk the plank for you! 
    edited March 2021
    Kyronix said:
    Not wiping doubloons, did I say that?  I said spend them, which indicates you have to spend the ones you have over the 300k cap.  So if that is true, how can wiping them also be true?  Doesn't make any sense!  Walk the plank for you! 
    @Kyronix ;

Ok, bear with me please with this....

Say that a UO player who is NOT reading these Forums these days, nor checks the Publish Notes, currently has on his/her Shard that has not yet received the Publish, say 600,000 doubloons.

He/she has them as a left over balance and has not yet used them.

Publish 110 will at some point go Worldwide so, also on this player's Shard.

Will he STILL find his/her 600,000 doubloons that he/she left there 1 month ago which it was the last he/she logged, if he/she logs AFTER Publish 110 hits the Shard, or will he/she find them "halved" at 300,000 because of this CAP you mentioned ?

If he/she will STILL find his/her 600,000 doubloons as I seem to understand from your reply (i.e. no "wipe" of excess doubloons), then I do not understand what do you mean by the 300k CAP....

Can you please explain it better ?

I walked the plank, got all wet but escaped the crocodile, luckily :)

Thanks !

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,060
    edited March 2021
    Wow... really? Is this that hard to understand?

This is not rocket science @popps. If you currently have over 300k, you will not be able to turn in any further trade cargo until you go under the 300k mark. If you have 600k (which let's be honest YOU DO NOT) then you would stay at 600k (until you start spending them) but you will not be able to turn in cargo until you go under 300k.

I really don't think it's that confusing. Once again, logging in for a few minutes to check (assuming you are actually over the cap) takes way less effort than writing 3 posts about it. In the event you are under 300k (very likely) then you have nothing to worry about; stop trying to create issues and start playing the game :)
    What @keven2002 said.
  • keven2002 said:

This is not rocket science @ popps. If you currently have over 300k, you will not be able to turn in any further trade cargo until you go under the 300k mark. If you have 600k (which let's be honest YOU DO NOT) then you would stay at 600k (until you start spending them) but you will not be able to turn in cargo until you go under 300k.

I really don't think it's that confusing. Once again, logging in for a few minutes to check (assuming you are actually over the cap) takes way less effort than writing 3 posts about it. In the event you are under 300k (very likely) then you have nothing to worry about; stop trying to create issues and start playing the game :)
    I have over 600k, but then again I got what he meant.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Kyronix said:
    What @ keven2002 said.
    Let me get this straight, you're not forcing people on Atlantic to spend the platinum they have before they can bank more gold, but you're going to force people to use their doubloons down to 300k, before they can earn more ? And the reason for this was ?
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    Kyronix said:
    What @ keven2002 said.
    Let me get this straight, you're not forcing people on Atlantic to spend the platinum they have before they can bank more gold, but you're going to force people to use their doubloons down to 300k, before they can earn more ? And the reason for this was ?
    well you don't have to throw away the cargo...
    edited March 2021
    You're right, I don't. I just have to find more storage to hold them until I spend down what I have. This is ridiculous at best. I guess I'll just have to sink and scuttle every ship that spawns before anyone else does, and then sell the cargo on vendors for extortionistic prices...yeah that's the answer .

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    keven2002 said:

This is not rocket science @ popps. If you currently have over 300k, you will not be able to turn in any further trade cargo until you go under the 300k mark. If you have 600k (which let's be honest YOU DO NOT) then you would stay at 600k (until you start spending them) but you will not be able to turn in cargo until you go under 300k.

Just for the record, on Origin I do not have over 300k doubloons so, there was no way for me to test it...
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    A 300K cap on doubloons makes ZERO sense.! At least leave it at the original 1,000,000 cap.
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
    I currently have 968K doubloons. It should remain at a cap of 1,000,000 doubloons!
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
    edited March 2021
    There was never a cap. At least not one I've reached. You're thinking of the Fellowship which was for silver. Doubloons should have no cap whatsoever, I think @Kyronix just forgot to distinguish between the two.

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,170
    I'm sure he has a very good reason to cap this....we might find out why later.

Either store extra cargo or start selling them on other characters.

I am almost at the 100k mark, never got around to doing this the first time around and it's really fun! 

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,772
    With over 2,325,000 doubloons I better get spending them.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,170
    Buy me some orchids when it goes live ;) It took me 456348638631 tries before I got a rare colored orchid and I REALLY like those!

Gonna have to start house cleaning so I can store extra cargo!

There was never a cap. At least not one I've reached. You're thinking of the Fellowship which was for silver. Doubloons should have no cap whatsoever, I think @ Kyronix just forgot to distinguish between the two.
    The cap was, and currently is, 1,000,000 doubloons.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,060
    @TimSt - To be clear you can keep your 2.3M doubloons without any problems; you just wouldnt be able to turn in anything else until you used those. Don't feel like you need to spend them right away until there is something there you want.
    KHAN said:
    There was never a cap. At least not one I've reached. You're thinking of the Fellowship which was for silver. Doubloons should have no cap whatsoever, I think @ Kyronix just forgot to distinguish between the two.
    Whatever you say. 

keven2002 said:
    @ TimSt - To be clear you can keep your 2.3M doubloons without any problems; you just wouldnt be able to turn in anything else until you used those. Don't feel like you need to spend them right away until there is something there you want.
    I fail to understand what the point is of this CAP when players can well stock up Crates in their homes or Banks until they feel ready to use them to buy whatever they may like from the list....

I mean, it is only annoying because players of course will further stress their storage capabilities but it is not like they cannot go over this 300k CAP.... only, they will have 300K on the Pirate and the rest in their homes' containers....

I do not understand the purpose of this.
    @popps do you really need to understand? is there really one thing @Kyronix could say that would make this nonissue a nonissue for you as well ? can you articulate in one paragraph what it is that could be the final fix of this newest issue for you ? 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,911
    @Kyronix ; That cap is really low.  Cant it be 500K to a million?  Buying 2 items wipes it out.

The cap at the Fellowship vendor was annoying also.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,772
    keven2002 said:
    @ TimSt - To be clear you can keep your 2.3M doubloons without any problems; you just wouldnt be able to turn in anything else until you used those. Don't feel like you need to spend them right away until there is something there you want.
    And in the mean time I'll just start chucking any new cargo into the trashcan for 0 turn in points.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,911
    edited March 2021
    KHAN said:
    Then how do I have 2.6M doubloons?

Ya we been having doubloon war on LS.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
This discussion has been closed.