Well... I guess this is it with this valentine gift

2»

Comments

• IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    Tjalle said:
    The devs make all the decisions on what to implement or not, not the players.
    What someone may or may not have said on a forum or an ingame meeting or whatever is irrelevant.

The Players pay the money to keep the Game online, so, as in every Customer/Seller relation, the Players opinion (whitin reason) IS relevant.

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Ivenor said:
    Tjalle said:
    What someone may or may not have said on a forum or an ingame meeting or whatever is irrelevant.

The Players pay the money to keep the Game online, so, as in every Customer/Seller relation, the Players opinion (whitin reason) IS relevant.

True.... and my opinion is that this was probably the best gift idea they've had in a while. Glad they put the clicky in Fel and made people actually need to play the game instead of logging on every shard to get their free clicky to sell back on ATL later.
    edited February 2021
    keven2002 said:
    Ivenor said:
    Tjalle said:

True.... and my opinion is that this was probably the best gift idea they've had in a while. Glad they put the clicky in Fel and made people actually need to play the game instead of logging on every shard to get their free clicky to sell back on ATL later.

I agree: this is, IMO, a nice and funny way to go to have Players interact (not, e.g., making low-level drops SB).

I really had fun to repeatedly make a fool of myself (almost not even the time to click, and POOF!, the T-Doll was gone! :'( :D ). A little sick fun maybe, but fun nontheless... :)

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    I haven't had a Valentine card or gift RL since I was 14.  My husband tells me he loves me every day, I don't need a gift in or out of game.
    However, I have collected the gifts on a couple of shards and will happily give what I have to anyone who's gift was stolen. Unfortunately I don't have the 40+ accounts that cynics credit me with, but I can manage 2 on most shards. Send me the coords of your mailbox if you have one and I'll drop the gift in it.
    You know where mine is! ;)

Surprise me! Isn't that what gifts are supposed to do anyway?

I am shard trading as well.

I hope that future gifts are in places that aren't traveled much, I don't remember the last time I was in  Heartwood, the crafting quests have kept me away for awhile lol. 

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    I have been here Pre-Tram and getting this gift was painless on the less populated shards, it appears the only shard having a problem is, you guessed it, Atl.  Go to other shards and collect you gifts and when you are able bring them back to Atl.  This is brought to you by one of the most anti-fel players in the game.
    Overall it was a great Valentine's Day haul... thanks @Kyronix and team for a extremely fun clicky this time around instead of the usual boring backpack drops!! Keep'em coming!!

Side note... I have more of these guardians than I know what to do with so please DM me if you are interested in buying them in bulk!  :D
  • Well somehow I lost my black cupid that I locked down on my front steps. I'm super careful about locking stuff down so It's really fishy. I did have a GM come out but they couldn't do anything.

I only have 2 active accounts and I only play 1 shard LS. If anyone wants to trade let me know and I can try to get one with the tricks everyone has talked about.

Btw my mailbox coords on LS, Tok, Makato Jima 44.44 N 29.44 W  o:)
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Well somehow I lost my black cupid that I locked down on my front steps. I'm super careful about locking stuff down so It's really fishy. I did have a GM come out but they couldn't do anything.

I only have 2 active accounts and I only play 1 shard LS. If anyone wants to trade let me know and I can try to get one with the tricks everyone has talked about.

Ill be going to Sonoma, Great Lakes. Pacific, Origin, Atlantic,Chesapeake, Catskills,Baja, to get mine on those shards.

Go get them on Chessy and any others and Ill bring them to LS.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    keven2002 said:
    Overall it was a great Valentine's Day haul... thanks @ Kyronix and team for a extremely fun clicky this time around instead of the usual boring backpack drops!! Keep'em coming!!

Side note... I have more of these guardians than I know what to do with so please DM me if you are interested in buying them in bulk!  :D

You can always candidate them for 2024 to, at least, 2124, judging by your haul... ooops, sorry, no politics here, I know, I know... :# :D ;)
  • Thanks to those who were slipping on ATL.

Well somehow I lost my black cupid that I locked down on my front steps. I'm super careful about locking stuff down so It's really fishy. I did have a GM come out but they couldn't do anything.

It may have fallen below your steps
  • GM said they didn't see it and I did the ctrl shift and it's just gone.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Heaven forbid they put out content that forces you to (maybe) interact with another player. All this over an item that's going to cost (maybe) 200K in a month. If you got your gift stolen, let me know, I know some folks who are "stackin' 'em deep and sellin' 'em cheap."

Just like the Christmas rewards, these require you to put out a very minimal effort to acquire. I still don't see what all of the fuss is about. Honestly, I think both awards were a step in the right direction. Christmas required you to get 5 drops in Ice, this one requires you to go to fel and click a statue. How much easier do you want it? If you can't do that, perhaps video games aren't your thing.

If this silly pixel gift is the whole reason you play, cancel your sub, take your $15, and buy something with it, I promise you will be much happier with it and you know what you are getting. I like to think that the $15 a month I pay is for the interaction between myself and either the game world or other players. Is it really too much to ask that players interact with something besides a clicky to get a gift?
    I guess that, perhaps, all is in what one thinks might be in the word "interacting" with fellow human beings...

It looks like that, what some think "interacting" should be with one's own fellow human beings, others might see it quite differently....

Some interactions, one might well wish to do without, I guess....... but of course, different people might see things differently....
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662

the black one is wall art, it would have been in front of the door or wall. 
    or on the tile above it.

if it looked like it was on the steps, then it wasn't inside the house.

(where the arrow is pointing is where i placed this one)
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I have to admit my thief became a stool pigeon calling out where thieves were hidden  i live by the if you are in Fel you are free game because you came here code in as everyone who is there is a volunteer. but this  FORCED people to go not cool...yes i know they could have not claimed etc etc but you took away their choice 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • TjalleTjalle Posts: 77
    edited February 2021
    Ivenor said:
    Tjalle said:

Not within the context of my point.
    The final decision is always made by a dev, not a player. So blaming players for the decisions the devs make is silly.
  • AaylaAayla Posts: 170
    edited February 2021
    Keld said:
    Yes, i had my gift stolen in Atlantic.

I'm not a feluca player and play only pvm And i would like to say to @ kryonix or others devs that i play the game to have fun, to de-stress and i get my gift stolen. 

i know this is the game and accept it but put this event only in feluca wasn't fun for me and maybe for the other players that doesn't play in feluca and had their gift stolen to. 

I am only post this because here is the space where players can comunicate with devs. This is my feedback.
    Seriously??

I mean, for how long have you been playing UO? 

You should ask veteran players how UO used to be. 

You have to use your brain a little. I only play on LS. Got my first gift stolen. Ok, yes I was sad but I was the stupid dumb idiot that didn’t thought of a claiming strategy. If you didn’t  hide (skill, magic or potion) claim and insure, well that is your problem. Don’t blame others for your lack of  foresight. 

There’s a template thief that we barely no longer see. They had their shot here. Good for them. 

Now being crying babies and next time you’ll go to Fel like me, you’ll make a plan before gating ;)

And let’s be honest, we all have other toons on other shards so just bring back one from another shard and topic is close. 
    Larisa said:
    I just love how so many people are complaining about:

-useless deco for a gift
    -a gift that looks like our ex-president
    -a gift that looks like it's VERY happy to see you ;)

Yet here you are trying to get that same gift and complaining when you lose it...

....I just don't understand....

I personally don't care for the positive karma one, not because it has weird hair and a scary face, but it has that weird stand on it and it's a bit too big for my liking.

I don't care for the negative karma one only because I have dark walls and you can't see it.

BUT I am very happy that they gave us gifts, that they did it in such a way to let people have fun with it and figure out ways to keep it from getting stolen,  even writing a macro? 

I will shard trade with anyone who wants to :)

So thanks team, happy Valentines Day!  <3

Finally some common sense. I’m happy to read this. Thanks Larisa :)
    keven2002 said:
    Overall it was a great Valentine's Day haul... thanks @ Kyronix and team for a extremely fun clicky this time around instead of the usual boring backpack drops!! Keep'em coming!!

Oh my! Haha gratz! I hope you had fun! You did great here :)

THAT is UO!
    Tjalle said:
    Ivenor said:
    Tjalle said:

Not within the context of my point.
    The final decision is always made by a dev, not a player. So blaming players for the decisions the devs make is silly.

Ok, in this context I agree with you at 90%... :)
  • HippoHippo Posts: 267
    What Drakelord said: If you have multi accounts you can take this part again.  Also this quest is on every shard and they are not shard bound.
    I gathered 20+ on the low pop shards that I had xfer shields for, using throwaway chars with negative karma, for I think the trumpy dolls are not something I would display in my house. I got stolen from only once, on LS. I bought a horse for each char - uses Crystal transporters - dashed in, clicked & insured then ran out. None of the chars could recall so I just did a VS search and paid the 1K to teleport to a Malas vendor.

I'm hoping we can get some clean-up points for these statues ASAP... The 50 or so I've collected will just collect dust in a chest
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited February 2021
    Keld said:

I'm not a feluca player and play only pvm And i would like to say to @ kryonix or others devs that i play the game to have fun, to de-stress and i get my gift stolen. 

i know this is the game and accept it but put this event only in feluca wasn't fun for me and maybe for the other players that doesn't play in feluca and had their gift stolen to. 

I am only post this because here is the space where players can comunicate with devs. This is my feedback.

I lost one at Atlantic but have another 11 from other shards. I can pass you one for free even if you are on a low pop shard.

This is another advantage of items not shard bound. More supply - lower cost, more happy players.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Seth said:
    Keld said:

(...)

This is another advantage of items not shard bound. More supply - lower cost, more happy players.
    BEWARE: The unwarranted use of logic is frowned upon... :D

• Lia_the_stitcherLia_the_stitcher Posts: 19
    edited February 2021
    I am a recent returnee, and played in 1998 to 2003, so I know how felucca was played. So I went to Yew, with my hiding-mining-toon, (it was common to make crafters with hiding, because there were a lot of miner-pkers around ), make sure to have "say guards" macro, and "use skill-hiding" macro on Atlantic.

went there, hide, and w-click, get the gift, insure. whew.
    Then, a player came in, so I step down, and that player cursed me, called me names, and run away.  I didn't do anything, no stealing skills or whatsoever, I was more like peer players who also are scared to come to Felucca side.  Is this really a way we want to live in Britannia?

I remember 1999, nice players helped each other, united against pkers and thieves, kept calling for guards if someone was peeped their back pack around in town just in case, and I was even helped by some thieves too, (he stole back my scrolls that are stolen, I was really new at that time)
    They could tell who were new and scared and who are tough enough and take care of themselves, so to speak. We learned that way. After stolen, killed and died about 100 times, you know how to survive, that was felucca Britannia. Many old timer agrees on that.

If they want that atmosphere back, that is okay for me, but why doing this on "once-a-year" and "one-per-account" gift?  if it is "one-for-each-toon" gift, everyone has 5 chances, if one is stolen, that player will learn and more careful, go there prepared. 

Not everyone can hop between shards or pay 200k gold for a gift. 
    I know, player-thieves want their toon for more chance to play, but this is a bit extreme for Trammel players.  

If develop team do this kind of event again, do this with one-per-toon gifts, so everyone get used to the pattern, still can get one or two gifts, even stolen once or twice.

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I'd steal from my mom if she willingly came through the red gate but in this case you FORCED players to come then put them in a chokehold cant recall out of fish barrel...just so not ok....
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Usual discrimination against younger players.  Yes players that have been playing for more than 14 years could try up to 7 times to get a Cupid.  Younger players one chance period.  Understand older players pay the bills.  And, that a market had to be created for the thieves’ vendors.  But don’t understand how this kind of thinking encourages younger players to continue playing.
    Arnold7 said:
    Usual discrimination against younger players.  Yes players that have been playing for more than 14 years could try up to 7 times to get a Cupid.  Younger players one chance period.  Understand older players pay the bills.  And, that a market had to be created for the thieves’ vendors.  But don’t understand how this kind of thinking encourages younger players to continue playing.
    All my accounts are over 14 years old and the only account I was able to get a double on was the good and the bad all other 5 chars got squat.  The other accounts all good chars only got 1 per account.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    1 per acct per shard
    I respect all persons & all opinions (well, almost all... :D ) but, frankly, I have the impression that this "Bad Bad Devs gave Thieves permission to stole my Trumpy Bear" is getting a little too whimpering. IMO it was mainly a prank, and a well played one too... :)