Give EJ players a limited bank box and be done with it.

2»

Comments

• InLor said:
    https://uo.com/2018/04/11/endless-journey-storage/

We would like to update you on storage options that will become available for Endless Journey accounts. All Endless Journey accounts will have access to their bank box providing a reduced amount of secure storage. Former Veteran accounts that return as Endless Journey accounts that have more items than the reduced limit allows will be able to view the contents of the bank, but will not be able to remove any items at this time. We are working on ways to provide access to these items and will update you as these options become available. We hope to have these changes live on Test Center sometime next week, and deployed World Wide as soon as testing permits. Remember you can gain access to all the items in your bank by subscribing at any time. Endless Journey has brought a new era to Ultima Online and we appreciate your continued patience and feedback while we fine tune the experience to best meet everyone’s needs.

Limited bank storage for EJ accounts just got implemented! AWESOME! Go UO Team! Now I can tell many people to come check it out. Though I might wait for some more fine-tuning.

@ KyronixB)

That is very good news... but... what exactly is the amount of limited storage? :) I may need to get the word out. Is that live now?

Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,997Moderator
    It says: We hope to have these changes live on Test Center sometime next week,
  • Mariah said:
    It says: We hope to have these changes live on Test Center sometime next week,

Okay, I read it as the EJ banking was ready to go and being able to get stuff outta the bank was going to be tested. Guess I'll hold off on rallying the troops till it's all said and done.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,178
    It's not implemented yet..

. All Endless Journey accounts will have access to their bank box providing a reduced amount of secure storage. Former Veteran accounts that return as Endless Journey accounts that have more items than the reduced limit allows will be able to view the contents of the bank, but will not be able to remove any items at this time. We are working on ways to provide access to these items and will update you as these options become available. We hope to have these changes live on Test Center sometime next week, and deployed World Wide as soon as testing permits

I knew the team would come up with something, it would just take time....of course we have to scream THE SKY IS FALLING even though we know it's not ;)

Hopefully during testing, we can copy old vet chars to Test Center to see what's in our banks...I do have one ~Official~ Endless Journey Account that I created just to start fresh.

Thank you team, for working so hard to make this happen, will be looking forward to it!

• jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    Good news! I think this change will make a big difference to a lot of new and returning players, thank you to the team!  :)
  • Please give Endless Journey some sort of storage ASAP I have so many friends that want to try game and play with me but this no storage crap has me telling them to hold off.
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    Only took them a week to realize  :D But glad it finally happened 
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • good move in the right direction! hopefully they will be able to implement a solution where vet accounts can take stuff out of their bank box and only put stuff back in when under the limit.
  • InLorInLor Posts: 412
    It says they are working on that part. Cool to see there is a fast feedback cycle now. I'm excited to see how this will unfold.
    A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.
  • jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    It's a good change but I would imagine they already lost a few players who saw there was no storage at all and just went to play something less restricted, plenty enough free games out there.
    Better late than never though I suppose.  :/
  • jaytin said:
    It's a good change but I would imagine they already lost a few players who saw there was no storage at all and just went to play something less restricted, plenty enough free games out there.

Exactly. So much chat about people not being able to get into their bank. I hope those people aren't gone for good. Hopefully we have their emails and we can get an email out to everyone when storage goes live.

• JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    jaytin said:

Exactly. So much chat about people not being able to get into their bank. I hope those people aren't gone for good. Hopefully we have their emails and we can get an email out to everyone when storage goes live.

"Even bad PR is PR" anyone?

But seriously. The whole fuzz over two weeks. Why couldn't they just wait those couple days and release it properly? Does it always need an public outrage? Would they have added secure storage without the outrage? It's all home made..
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • crunchnastycrunchnasty Posts: 241
    we got a bunch a whiny babies, but hey it did work possibly in getting the changes