Treasures of the Undead Lords Rewards are on The NPC Check them out!

1235»

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Slayer property works for Magery & mysticism, (I'm guessing for chivalry holy fist too), slayer properties do not work for necromancy and spellweaving. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Slayer properties work for direct damage spells only.
    Necromancy has, to the best of my knowledge, only one direct damage spell, pain spike. I have not, personally, tested whether a slayer book works with this spell.
    Spellweaving does not have any direct damage spells

• DarkionDarkion Posts: 12
    It would be great to see this event go to Fel in other shards.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    Mariah said:
    Necromancy has, to the best of my knowledge, only one direct damage spell, pain spike. I have not, personally, tested whether a slayer book works with this spell.

WoD isn't direct damage?
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Mariah said:

Aren't also Corpse skin, Mind Rot, Poison Strike and Strangle also direct damage spells ?

Well, maybe not Corpse Skin and Mind Rot as they "technically" do not do direct damage but prepare to more damage in the case of Corpse Skin or to consume more Mana in the case of Mind Rot but Poison Strike and Strangle, don't they do some poison damage to the target ?
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    Come on popps... stop bringing threads down a rabbit hole. You literally just answered half of your own question in your own post instead of just hitting the delete button. 

Poison strike is an area spell (aka not direct damage) and strangle is like the poison spell for magery where it does the damage over time (ie slayers don't work for poison damage do they?). So to answer your question fully and completely, no none of what you listed is direct damage.

Side note - Neither is vengeful spirit. That's a summon that does direct damage. Just in case you were going to bring that up.
    keven2002 said:
    Mariah said:

WoD isn't direct damage?
    It is, and I know it is affected by sdi, I'm uncertain if it gets a bonus from slayers. I can find no reference in publish notes and have not, as yet, tested it myself. However the entry on UOGuide says:
    Slayer spellbooks do not enhance damage caused by Word of Death

• MargeMarge Posts: 720
    Slayer books do not effect WoD. I get more damage holding a 50 sdi book.
    edited October 2020
    Mariah,

you’re getting your terminology mixed up, what you’re trying to say is. Slayers work only for “targeted” spells
    “direct damage” is a type of damage that is not subject to any elemental damage.

I meant to send you a message to correct the UOwiki page. I think i caused some confusion on this, i think i wrote the sentence on the wiki about direct damage way back when, because someone on the team was asking me about what spells are slayer vulnerable, and i used the wording "direct damage" because i was trying to say, basically anything that isn't a field or poison or summon, but actually the devs use the term "direct damage" to describe something else.

Slayers work for ALL targeted magery and mysticism spells that cause damage (with the exception of poison,& field spells,)

mindblast is not affected by slayer as it’s a bit of an exception, damage is based off of intelligence.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

You, as usual, are correct. I see it is described that way on the page

• AaylaAayla Posts: 170
    So what’s the purpose of a SDI necromancer spellbook.

Maybe a Necro rework in the box. Ok I’m dreaming hehe
    Much like Juo’nar’s Grimoire, the book school choice is purely aesthetic. 

• AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    Mariah said:

seems Unbound EV and Chaos Vortex from Shame are missing under under Air Elemental Slayer. 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    My mage gets the slayer advantage from both kinds of books.  Most mystic books do not have the slayer quality.  Have not use the fey slayer that increases mysticism by 10 points so can’t comment on that ne.
    Aragorn said:
    Mariah said:

seems Unbound EV and Chaos Vortex from Shame are missing under under Air Elemental Slayer. 
    (and wind ele)

Thank you. I will edit the page.