Please activate the deceit event on...

Comments

• GigglesGiggles Posts: 62
    edited October 2020
    Pawain said:
    There is no reason to open up the event in felucca on any shard other then atlantic.  All that will come of it is dead shards being botted and tanking the value of the items that players legitimately put time and effort into acquiring.  That's why they are shard bound to retain value not to be mass farmed by your legion of bots.

The activity in deceit has already gone down substantially since release and will further decrease over the next couple weeks.
    Totally wrong in your theory but I would be thrilled to have a bot sell me the epaulet for 300k.

Have you gone to other dungeons?  The one on LS has 4 live mobs on a floor. We need to split them up.  And our fel players would love to take down these bots that are in your fantasy world.
    Indeed, there are fel based players all over on multiple servers that would not be allowing bots to go unattended. Bots are a thing for tram and EM events.

Most atl pvp guilds and players have characters (reds and blues) on ALL servers. I'm sure many of them would love to have a chance at getting some of these items for their characters on the lower populated servers as well. It would not by any means turn into some barren wasteland of bots in deceit. That assumption is rather comical. But it seems @TastyTreats that you play atl, why are you so opposed to everyone else enjoying the event in the ways the Atlantic players and pvpers are able to? Even if you were correct in the laughable theory that botting fel happens anywhere, how would that affect your Atlantic economy at all?

Why fit in when you were born to stand out? -Dr. Seuss
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    These are all great points to remember when people think that there shouldn't be non-consensual PvP on the new Legacy shard.... just sayin'
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    ^^^  THIS!
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    keven2002 said:
    These are all great points to remember when people think that there shouldn't be non-consensual PvP on the new Legacy shard.... just sayin'
    Exactly. I should be able to go where I want and kill monsters! Without harassment by players.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • RexRex Posts: 1
    Agree, open it to all fel shards as well, not clear on why it was limited to ATL only.  The risk vs. reward factor (fel luck bonus?) does show more drops in fel on ATL; players would appreciate this, maximizing their grind time. 
  • GTOGTO Posts: 5
    Delthor said:
    There is no reason to open up the event in felucca on any shard other then atlantic.  All that will come of it is dead shards being botted and tanking the value of the items that players legitimately put time and effort into acquiring.  That's why they are shard bound to retain value not to be mass farmed by your legion of bots.

The activity in deceit has already gone down substantially since release and will further decrease over the next couple weeks.
    Dude that makes no sense. How does people farming in mother shards depreciate the value of a shard bound item? I can’t go to Sonoma and farm there and sell the items on atl. Opening this event in fel holds no negatives. 
    TastyTreats has no clue what he/her/they/them are talking about.
  • popps said:
    Delthor said:
    Exactly if even atl isnt drawing pvp like you claim there is not a chance any other shard will this is just an excuse you are trying to use to farm uncontested in fel on dead servers.  

The trammel side dungeons are not even close to capacity anywhere but atlantic you just want to farm with no competition hopefully the devs realize this and dont cave to greedy players like giggles
    Lol it’s not the fact the dungeons aren’t up to maximum area, I see on Ls about 20 sampire cleaning house and getting drops while tamers are Lucky to see 3 an hour maybe? All my guild would go to fel soon with prly 4-8 sampires and not wreck the tamers fun down there. I got called greedy because I killed 3 rooms before a tamer could kill a mob. Hows that fair to me and them? Not all players ha e sampires to do this content. 
    I see on Ls about 20 sampire cleaning house and getting drops while tamers are Lucky to see 3 an hour maybe?
    It has been like this for YEARS now....

I am now convinced that there is code in UO which puts Tamers at a HANDICAP as in regards to their chance at drops as compared to melee Fighters which it should not be.

Maybe it is some old string of code so hidden in the total mess of code which not even the Developers might know about its existance but the evidence gathered by many players over these Years through gameplay does show that, Tamers not only have it harder at drops as compared to melee fighters, but they have it WAY harder....

And this, at least to my opinion, should not be.

It would be nice if @ Kyronix and @ Bleak could get to the root of this, find whatever lines of evil code is hurting Tamers in their chances at drops versus melee Fighters, and correct this gross inequality.

That is at least how I see it.

Quit crying about taming...sampires have been getting nerfed for years and tamers just had the new pet change...stop ya whining and figure out how to be better
  • LaMbToYLaMbToY Posts: 14
    GTO said:
    Delthor said:

Dude that makes no sense. How does people farming in mother shards depreciate the value of a shard bound item? I can’t go to Sonoma and farm there and sell the items on atl. Opening this event in fel holds no negatives. 
    TastyTreats has no clue what he/her/they/them are talking about.
     Agreed
    @TastyTreats better stop spitting this doo doo before you get fed to a bane dragon bro.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Kickstand said:
    popps said:
    Delthor said:
    Exactly if even atl isnt drawing pvp like you claim there is not a chance any other shard will this is just an excuse you are trying to use to farm uncontested in fel on dead servers.  

The trammel side dungeons are not even close to capacity anywhere but atlantic you just want to farm with no competition hopefully the devs realize this and dont cave to greedy players like giggles
    Lol it’s not the fact the dungeons aren’t up to maximum area, I see on Ls about 20 sampire cleaning house and getting drops while tamers are Lucky to see 3 an hour maybe? All my guild would go to fel soon with prly 4-8 sampires and not wreck the tamers fun down there. I got called greedy because I killed 3 rooms before a tamer could kill a mob. Hows that fair to me and them? Not all players ha e sampires to do this content. 
    I see on Ls about 20 sampire cleaning house and getting drops while tamers are Lucky to see 3 an hour maybe?
    It has been like this for YEARS now....

I am now convinced that there is code in UO which puts Tamers at a HANDICAP as in regards to their chance at drops as compared to melee Fighters which it should not be.

Maybe it is some old string of code so hidden in the total mess of code which not even the Developers might know about its existance but the evidence gathered by many players over these Years through gameplay does show that, Tamers not only have it harder at drops as compared to melee fighters, but they have it WAY harder....

And this, at least to my opinion, should not be.

It would be nice if @ Kyronix and @ Bleak could get to the root of this, find whatever lines of evil code is hurting Tamers in their chances at drops versus melee Fighters, and correct this gross inequality.

That is at least how I see it.

Quit crying about taming...sampires have been getting nerfed for years and tamers just had the new pet change...stop ya whining and figure out how to be better
    Crying ? What crying ?

It is only saying what is before players' eyes....

Get a Tamer down Deceit for 5 hours and count the drops.

Then take a dexer to that same place for that same time and count the drops.

And then see which template got the most drops.

As I said, players have been noticing and lamenting this for YEARS. This has been going on for too long to be just the RNG, my suspect is that there might be some lines of Code somewhere that puts Tamers at a gross handicap as compared to dexers when it comes to chances to get a drop.
  • @Kyronix The rewards are shard bound. Why not open on all shards? Paragons keep it from being afkable. It's not like people can just farm and xfer to ATL for gold, it stays on that shard's market :'(
    MmMmJake said:
    @ Kyronix The rewards are shard bound. Why not open on all shards? Paragons keep it from being afkable. It's not like people can just farm and xfer to ATL for gold, it stays on that shard's market :'(

I feel you man, so sad...if you need a shoulder to lean on, hit me up boo.  We can drink pumpkin spice related items and discuss how cool this event would be in fel on all shards, especially lake superior.

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited October 2020
    Make the drops cursed in fel at least, I killed about 30 sampires and looted only about 5 pieces. 
    I get more pieces on a BLUE! killing monsters..what is this stupid game?
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Well, it is the weekend. Hopefully, we can get some official feedback regarding this tomorrow since there haven't been any valid and/or factual reasons or arguments against it. 

Let us have some cake too, with pumpkin spice lattes!

• All you are suggesting is players that don't normally play my shard or others will log on and bot deceit.

I main Lake Superior and I can assure you that we do not have an active enough Felucca population to support the addition of felucca deceit all that will happen is someone bots. And that is the second most populated shard the botting on other shards will be worse and I see thats all you guys want to do.

• CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866
    MmMmJake said:
    @ Kyronix The rewards are shard bound. Why not open on all shards? Paragons keep it from being afkable. It's not like people can just farm and xfer to ATL for gold, it stays on that shard's market :'(

there's no excuse to not have it active in fel on every shard.

It's like saying participation on the fel side was low during testing, but failing to mention that the reason participation was low in the fel side because it was only active for the last 3 days the 'test' went on.  oh wait.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    All you are suggesting is players that don't normally play my shard or others will log on and bot deceit.

I main Lake Superior and I can assure you that we do not have an active enough Felucca population to support the addition of felucca deceit all that will happen is someone bots. And that is the second most populated shard the botting on other shards will be worse and I see thats all you guys want to do.

You obviously don't even go to Fel or if you do, its when YOU are botting.  Who are you on LS btw? I am sure this will explain a lot.
  • I agree with opening the event on all shards in fel.  I play on alot of shards and I think it would certainly spice things up on all shards.  Thanks for your consideration devs.
  • I would love to see an argument from anyone here on how adding this event to Felucca will be beneficial to the game?

Tram side is already seeing less players not even a week in. The thing is you have no reasoning on why it would be good. You just see an opportunity to script limited time content for future profit.
    edited October 2020
    All you are suggesting is players that don't normally play my shard or others will log on and bot deceit.

Well, now I know for a fact you never set one foot in fel, and are just making wild hypothetical assumptions. The people I play with often fight against the pvpers on your shard. We have had some really good and large battles. You underestimate the skill level and size of your shard pvpers if you think they are gonna let someone bot it up....

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Blackthorns did used to get endlessly scripted in fel on non Atlantic shards. Making the drops cursed MAY help with that (maybe not)
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    %1000 agree, OPEN FEL ON ALL SHARDS, ASAP

@Kyronix
  • I regularly pvp the fact is people rarely field more then 4 people. That is not enough players to support Felucca content. And that is 4 people on the second most populated shard in the game.
    Other shards don't even have active pvp populations it is all cross sharders.

Like I said show me why it would work other then for your scripting benefits.
    edited October 2020
    I regularly pvp the fact is people rarely field more then 4 people. That is not enough players to support Felucca content. And that is 4 people on the second most populated shard in the game.

Can you please just tell us who your "PvPer" is.  I am curious. 
  • Mervyn said:
    Blackthorns did used to get endlessly scripted in fel on non Atlantic shards. Making the drops cursed MAY help with that (maybe not)

Blackthorns got scripted on low population shards in trammel putting this content in felucca on any shard other then atlantic maybe europa is just asking for it to be farmed all day.
    I regularly pvp the fact is people rarely field more then 4 people. That is not enough players to support Felucca content. And that is 4 people on the second most populated shard in the game.

LS has a lot more than 4 pvpers, and several more that check-in looking for fights. You don't even need 4 players to kill some script bots.

Here's a concept, instead of changing elements of the game and forbidding people from enjoying content "because someone might script it" why not page on any botters you see? I am actually impressed with the recent response time and the handling of script farmers. Bots are always more likely to happen in tram. What do you do to counter them there? You page... "Someone might script this" is an illogical and unfair reason to deny many people content, fun, and pvp.

But no, I don't bot anything, and I do not cheat. Don't believe me? Please page on me and again stop trying to deny everyone else from having fun. 

edited October 2020
    Get a Tamer down Deceit for 5 hours and count the drops.

Then take a dexer to that same place for that same time and count the drops.

And then see which template got the most drops.

As I said, players have been noticing and lamenting this for YEARS. This has been going on for too long to be just the RNG, my suspect is that there might be some lines of Code somewhere that puts Tamers at a gross handicap as compared to dexers when it comes to chances to get a drop.
    The problem with your arguments is you have not spent 5 hours in the dungeon with both.

I have. But because our dungeon is so crowded right now, there are few mobs that are alive. So you run around and find single mobs to kill. So the advantage goes to a mounted player that can get to those mobs faster.

If the dungeon had a crowd I would be able to kill in mass with thunderstorm and mass lightning. I can kill most mobs with 1 shot there . I have undead and element slayer books .

Many templates can use speed if they want to. I play leisurely and get what I get and have fun.
  • Giggles said:

LS has a lot more than 4 pvpers, and several more that check-in looking for fights. You don't even need 4 players to kill some script bots.

Here's a concept, instead of changing elements of the game and forbidding people from enjoying content "because someone might script it" why not page on any botters you see? I am actually impressed with the recent response time and the handling of script farmers. Bots are always more likely to happen in tram. What do you do to counter them there? You page... "Someone might script this" is an illogical and unfair reason to deny many people content, fun, and pvp.

But no, I don't bot anything, and I do not cheat. Don't believe me? Please page on me and again stop trying to deny everyone else from having fun. 
    Not denying fun. Denying scripting.

You are the one trying to change the elements of the game. The fact remains that not enough players populate felucca on any shard outside atlantic to justify changing this.

So people can't script in tram?

I'd like to see unattended players take on 2 poison eles and a lich Lord.

I don't think you have spent any time in the dungeon.

And show us a pic of scriptors on Atlantic pls. Or move on.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866
    edited October 2020

You are the one trying to change the elements of the game. The fact remains that not enough players populate felucca on any shard outside atlantic to justify changing this.
       change the elements of the game?   why would anything especially resulting in shard-bound rewards be different for every other shard than it is for atlantic?   If scripting was the issue, this (and basically every single event in the history of UO) shouldn't have been active in trammel at all.  only fel.   no one is pushing for that, because the scripters in UO outweigh non-scripters in UO, that's just a fact.

so uh...  sense... make it.    

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659

The problem with your argument it is not based on facts at all and several people have corrected your assumptions. I am not changing any game elements, I am asking for something already available on one server to be available to the others. We need more reasons to play and enjoy the less populated servers, and not less. 

Scripting happens daily all day every day in TRAM. People are much less likely to script farm in fel for the very reason that it does get checked, often. 

I am starting to believe based on your arguments and reasons that you are simply someone trying to control the LS market with your tram farming habits, and you don't want another facet available for people to farm, pvp, and have fun in. Classic projection. If you are one of the pvpers that you claim to be, you would be excited over the idea of more people, yes even bots, in fel so you could go kill them. 

This discussion has been closed.