Triton discorded and Healing Skill

When you discord a Triton, Healing doesn't change but all the other skills and resists drop. Please FIX! Thanks

Comments

• bryweyh007bryweyh007 Posts: 42
    edited September 2020
    Just noticed that when Triton is discorded it's parry skill is not  showing up, but when it isn't discorded the skill returns to normal value
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Parrying doesn't train until wrestling reaches 100, so this may just be some sort of display issue, or maybe discording the pet does remove its parrying since wrestling drops below 100. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• NorryNorry Posts: 515
    Parry does not show till gm wrestle, it can train.
    edited September 2020
    That is a good point but the pets real wrestling  is above 100 and I would think Parry would scale down too, not just disappear. If its meant to disappear, then does this happen with anything in the wild that gets discorded? I don;t really care to train parry with my triton discorded because it doesn't take 40+ hours like healing does.

Also, shouldn't the skills mimic player skills? I can train parry without 100+ weapon skill.
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    Look at my reply, it trains, just isnt displayed.
    Like healing gets lowered whike discorded, but it is a display error.
    edited September 2020
    Norry said:
    Look at my reply, it trains, just isnt displayed.
    Like healing gets lowered whike discorded, but it is a display error.
    Sorry but can you prove it? Does it display right on EC?
    Why isn't the healing skill climbing fast when I have two dimetrosaurs poisoning my Triton if it is "lower while discorded"? Explain that as well, please.

I have spent over 8hours with this pet being discorded and only gained 3.2 healing skill.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,106
    edited September 2020
    Sounds normal.  Healing goes slow.

Even slower if the pet has Chivalry or has high Resist skill.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited September 2020
    Yea well my pets chivalry is low with it being discorded (67) and he fails a lot at curing with it and literally has not much mana because of it....thus giving better chance at curing DP with healing. I get that its slow but its not this slow. Try again!
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Healing skill gains are by aide heals not by chiv heals
  • Bilbo said:
    Thanks Captain Obvious! Nobody said Chivalry would raise healing. Pawain said that Chivalry would mess with healing gains because the pet does use it to cure and heal.

When the pet is discorded all the skills, resists, and stats should be lower than the normal non-discorded pet stats. 

Some of you never 120ed Discordance and it shows!
    Quit spreading misinformation!
    edited September 2020
     :D @ the cptn obvious part.

I am one of the discorders in our guild. It takes many hours to get to 120 healing. Sure, I would like it to go faster.  Healing on pets stops at 110 if you do not discord.  All my pets are 110 healing because I hate skilling.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    edited September 2020
    Bilbo said:
    Thanks Captain Obvious! Nobody said Chivalry would raise healing. Pawain said that Chivalry would mess with healing gains because the pet does use it to cure and heal.

When the pet is discorded all the skills, resists, and stats should be lower than the normal non-discorded pet stats. 

No problem.  Anybody that has trained healing on a pet know better than to try it at the same time you train chiv so where is the misinformation.

So now you think 120 discord has something to do with healing gains on your pet, boy what a stupid remark, talk about misinformation.
    edited by Mariah
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,352
    When I trained my cu sidhe I trained healing to cap before I added chiv, knowing there would be a problem. However after it died a few times and I was unable to recover the lost points I was advised that in addition to getting it disco'd I would need to tell it 'stop'. So that it was passively being poisoned and would not fight, and therefore not use, or even try to use, chiv to cure. Making it rely totally on bandages.
    edited September 2020
    Bilbo said:
    Bilbo said:

No problem.  Anybody that has trained healing on a pet know better than to try it at the same time you train chiv so where is the misinformation.

So now you think 120 discord has something to do with healing gains on your pet, boy what a stupid remark, talk about misinformation.
    edited by Mariah
    Your first comment made it sound like I thought chivalry heals would increase the pets healing skill. There is a difference between "training" and "pet training" in case the confusion gets to you again. I understand that its best to add chivalry last but I wanted to use discord to level everything at once.

My healing gains actually went up faster when it was discorded because the pets anatomy was just around 80 instead of 115, which means the pet failed more often to cure DP but the gains increase because the chance of success was lower. Also, chivalry was lower and the pet's chivalry wasn't high enough to cure poison the first time. Pets don't need bandages to heal like you make it sound. You still fail to see that healing gains would increase if the pets healing was lowered like the other skills are when the pet is discorded. Magic resist is also lower allowing it to get poisoned much more often instead of having 158 magic resist. Lower resists on the pet means that more damage is taken....more damage meaning higher chance of fails...more fails means more gains.

Have you ever done the satyr trick to get discorded and then get skill gains much faster? My guess is you haven't otherwise you wouldn't keep making yourself sound so stupid. lol  My pets are capped in healing now and i didn't have to worry about adding chivalry skill in Pet Training gump as a last step because the pet was discorded.,,, same with chivalry, it was capped when I was done. Take a deep breath, it will be okay B)
    edited September 2020
    When I trained my cu sidhe I trained healing to cap before I added chiv, knowing there would be a problem. However after it died a few times and I was unable to recover the lost points I was advised that in addition to getting it disco'd I would need to tell it 'stop'. So that it was passively being poisoned and would not fight, and therefore not use, or even try to use, chiv to cure. Making it rely totally on bandages.
    I will have to try that on my other pets and see if that helps. I had it attack the dimetrosaurs because they would want to go back towards their original location. Using Bag Balls could come in handy i suppose. Thanks for the feedback. It would be nice if healing skill would lower too while it was discorded so that it could gain skill without needing DP until healing was almost capped.
    edited September 2020
    I doubt she uses the island and Dimes. The only fighting the pet does is use holy light.  But whether stopped or not, the pet is going to use chiv to cure and remove curse.

Others have shown that it does lower healing but not on the lore screen. I'm just the disco guy so I am not going to argue whether it lowers healing or not, but it goes faster and higher if discoed. Thats all my job is.
  • I agree. I am with you Pawain. Discorded definitely makes a big difference. Those that argue against its just haven't tested it themselves
    :wink:
  • ChrilleChrille Posts: 209
    Pawain said:
     But whether stopped or not, the pet is going to use chiv to cure and remove curse.
    This isnt true. An all stop cu or other pet with healing will just use bandages to heal. They dont cast any spells or fight at all.
  • Chrille said:
    Pawain said:
     But whether stopped or not, the pet is going to use chiv to cure and remove curse.
    This isnt true. An all stop cu or other pet with healing will just use bandages to heal. They dont cast any spells or fight at all.
    Agreed. All stop/all stay and pet will just stand there. Heal with no spells cast. I work magic resist this same way on a boat when I forget and add a magic first.