I looking someone.

hi guys.

I looking someone.

I play in Balhae Shard and have Vendor at Luna west gate

Today someone bought a sample Book of Mastery for 10 mil.

I'm selling the Book of Mastery for 50k.

This is also expensive, but I never thought it would sell for 10mil.

I will only take the price of the item and refund the rest.

If someone knows this fool, tell him.

And I have a Bulletin Board in my house, so you can write here.

Something unimaginable has happened!

10mil Book of Mastery.

1.png 913.8K

Comments

• poppspopps Posts: 3,961
    edited August 2020
    Wow, I am impressed by your Post and, thanking to it, have again gotten some faifth in mankind.

Bless you !

Unfortunately, there is simply NO WAY, as players, to know who bought your book so as to refund with precision the right player who bought it.

I imagine that you will probably have several players saying that they were that player but, without being able to prove it, you might risk refunding the wrong player....

So, BE CAREFUL.

There is a lot of people out there who is not nice, and only tries to take advantage of others....

That said, I am not sure if Broadsword (in this case a Game Master if not Mesanna herself ?) can actually "see" that particular Vendor's code for the past few days and actually be able to "read" the name of the character that bought it so as to refund the right player and not someone else.

I mean, in order to be able to charge the correct account for each and every item sold, I imagine that there is code and a log for each vendor showing what character/account bought what from that vendor and how much was charged to one account and credited to another....

Page a Game Master on your Shard, Balhae, and see if they can access the Vendor log for the past few days to see which player actually bought that book.

@Mesanna , this might be the right thing to do, particularly for this honest and nice player who wants to refund another player who paid the wrong price for an item in the game.

Do you think you can help him out and make sure that the refund goes to the right player who did the purchase, rather then to a wrong one ?

Thanks !
  • kanada01kanada01 Posts: 4
    edited September 2020
    popps said:
    Wow, I am impressed by your Post and, thanking to it, have again gotten some faifth in mankind.

Bless you !

Unfortunately, there is simply NO WAY, as players, to know who bought your book so as to refund with precision the right player who bought it.

I imagine that you will probably have several players saying that they were that player but, without being able to prove it, you might risk refunding the wrong player....

So, BE CAREFUL.

There is a lot of people out there who is not nice, and only tries to take advantage of others....

That said, I am not sure if Broadsword (in this case a Game Master if not Mesanna herself ?) can actually "see" that particular Vendor's code for the past few days and actually be able to "read" the name of the character that bought it so as to refund the right player and not someone else.

I mean, in order to be able to charge the correct account for each and every item sold, I imagine that there is code and a log for each vendor showing what character/account bought what from that vendor and how much was charged to one account and credited to another....

Page a Game Master on your Shard, Balhae, and see if they can access the Vendor log for the past few days to see which player actually bought that book.

@ Mesanna , this might be the right thing to do, particularly for this honest and nice player who wants to refund another player who paid the wrong price for an item in the game.

Do you think you can help him out and make sure that the refund goes to the right player who did the purchase, rather then to a wrong one ?

Thanks !

In reference to your words, I called the GM.

Unfortunately, there was no response even after 30 minutes since it did not match the GM working hours.

Is there any other contact that might have solved this problem?

Apart from this, I wonder how the GM tried to find me and send me to jail, who was quietly raising my skills at home.

There is no response when I need GM's help.

It feels like the GM is only good at monitoring players.
    edited September 2020
    kanada01 said:
    popps said:

Bless you !

So, BE CAREFUL.

@ Mesanna , this might be the right thing to do, particularly for this honest and nice player who wants to refund another player who paid the wrong price for an item in the game.

Thanks !

In reference to your words, I called the GM.

Unfortunately, there was no response even after 30 minutes since it did not match the GM working hours.

Is there any other contact that might have solved this problem?

Apart from this, I wonder how the GM tried to find me and send me to jail, who was quietly raising my skills at home.

There is no response when I need GM's help.

It feels like the GM is only good at monitoring players.
    I have seem as posted on these Forums this e-mail address to write to in case someone cannot get help in game from a Game Master.

Try it out and see if you can get some help from Broadsword on your matter.

mesanna@broadsword.com

Good luck.
  • Thank you for giving me the email address to contact.

I am looking forward to solving this problem by sending mail.

I just got an answer and it says it's impossible.
    edited September 2020
    kanada01 said:
    Thank you for giving me the email address to contact.

Well, that surprises me.

I would have thought that Vendors had a LOG of what they sell, to whom and for how much.... at least active for a few days or a week before it refreshes....

Oh well....

You have another option then, to use that gold for good purposes....

If you see a NEW player or a RETURNING player on your Shard, use that Gold which you feel you got by mistake, to help NEW or RETURNING players to get started in Ultima Online....

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited September 2020
    popps said:
    kanada01 said:
    Thank you for giving me the email address to contact.

Well, that surprises me.

I would have thought that Vendors had a LOG of what they sell, to whom and for how much.... at least active for a few days or a week before it refreshes....

Oh well....

You have another option then, to use that gold for good purposes....

If you see a NEW player or a RETURNING player on your Shard, use that Gold which you feel you got by mistake, to help NEW or RETURNING players to get started in Ultima Online....

They cannot even tell that my purchased a skeletal cat was gone from my entire account. It died with no ghost while training at Haven. What is 10m gold compared to $10 or 1000 sov? So issues with free stuff get reply, but paid stuff get
     zero from all emails and bug post request.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    edited September 2020
    maybe it's like those I am Rich app in app store in the past for people to proof that they're rich - buying something with absolutely no value with insane amount of money.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,692
    I know you feel bad, because the price was a crazy amount.
    You do have a mailbox, so if they were upset at the cost, they could have left you a book, when it was purchased.

i also did a crazy purchase for a mastery book, but it was a different shard. And they had no mailbox up. I only noticed my mistake when i left that house and went to get a primer and had no funds. I just laughed it off, which is probably what whoever bought that one did.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Crazy rich players...  :D
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Eventually, I couldn't do what I wanted.

I decided to lower the price of the goods.