Account Suspended do to fraud codes

ExmornExmorn Posts: 2
edited July 2020 in General Discussions
Hello guys,
My account has been suspended do to use of fraud codes that i bought from a 3rd party seller
Not much info about codes were give. But once i try to login it says my account has been terminated.
I tried to message to support, received response that ticket was created and never heard from them again.
Is there anything can be done to get account back?
edited by Mariah

Comments

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    IBTL for posting that url...I look forward to your next attempt.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,986Moderator
    Every newsletter for several months has warned of the dangers of buying codes from 3rd party sellers. You should ONLY buy codes from Origin.
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    AWESOME! Perhaps, the devs ARE starting to go after some of the goldsellers/RMT people who are ruining the game for the honest players.
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • Lady_StormLady_Storm Posts: 400
    It's a ;long shot but you can email Mesanna and in a soft tone of civil tones she might answer you. 
    Sugar and honey can get you far when talking to the boss. She is a fair person if you didnt know they were a banable offence as some dont READ the newsletter.  Mariah said it best you should have known the 3rd party codes could be fraudulent and came with a heavy cost to use.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,096
    They can't stop the sellers but they can punish some of the buyers.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Lord_NabinLord_Nabin Posts: 203
    That's a bummer. Game codes for gold are never a good idea. I have heard a lot of problems from people going that route. 
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage
    Ancient Conclave of Wisdom

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,096
    What is a fraud code?  How was it created? And why did it work?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Pawain said:
    What is a fraud code?  How was it created? And why did it work?
    Better yet, how was his account banned, yet he was able to make a new forum account ?
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    Fraud codes are ones bought with credit cards that get reported stolen, or at least that was implied in the news letter.

They could be going after people that use vpn to purchase codes cheaper in a different country than where thier account is registered
  • ExmornExmorn Posts: 2
    It's a ;long shot but you can email Mesanna and in a soft tone of civil tones she might answer you. 
    Sugar and honey can get you far when talking to the boss. She is a fair person if you didnt know they were a banable offence as some dont READ the newsletter.  Mariah said it best you should have known the 3rd party codes could be fraudulent and came with a heavy cost to use.
    Thank you i will do so. :)
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited July 2020
    I can’t think of any valid reason/excuse for purchasing a code from a non official source. I’d be interested to hear some.

That said, I purchased codes for my friend as mine are cheaper. As I apparently shop from South America but only when I visit the origin store. Please note, at no point does Origin ask me the country I live in, it just makes assumptions based on the I.P. address of my choice.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• NorryNorry Posts: 515
    Thats what i mean. If your account is in SA. But you buy from russia, there may be issues.

But its more of someone buying codes for gold.
  • CazadorCazador Posts: 83
    Mervyn said:
    I can’t think of any valid reason/excuse for purchasing a code from a non official source. I’d be interested to hear some.

That said, I purchased codes for my friend as mine are cheaper. As I apparently shop from South America but only when I visit the origin store. Please note, at no point does Origin ask me the country I live in, it just makes assumptions based on the I.P. address of my choice.
    Because some people would rather spend 100m on game time from a seller than spend $13USD. Game codes have been sold this way for years. There was never an issue because to them $13 is $13 doesn’t matter who spends it. The issue is people using VPN to but cheap codes from overseas, and selling them to US players at a discount. So they’re losing $