Upgrade and Token Delivery time

Why does it take so long for Origin to deliver tokens and codes
I am just getting back and it takes hours to get anything.  Given free shards can deliver purchases in less than 10 minutes, I am surprised the process for  the legitimate shards takes so long.

Comments

• PinkertonPinkerton Posts: 105
    What kind of tokens and codes?  I get my codes instantly when I buy from the Origin store.
  • EyeEye Posts: 91
    same with me, instant codes
  • CyrusCyrus Posts: 49
    Never fails, when I buy something I don't get it until the next day. Could be game time, theme packs, the new in game coins for the store, always the next day. :(

Hrm, that is really weird.  Do you get it in an email?  I get a pop up in my browser with my code immediately upon payment.  I also get an email, but I never even open it because by the time I get it my code is applied.  So maybe those are coming in the next day?
    no pop-ups. always a email the next day with the code/codes. I get an instant email conformation but the code always comes in email the next day :(

That would drive me nuts.  I just tested it again and after I hit pay now I get a screen that says "you're awesome thanks for buying some crap from us"  or something like that with my code.  Try a different browser?  (I am using new firefox)
  • ElofLAElofLA Posts: 25
    I used to get all my purchases immediately, but I read online and understand that there are new protections in place for UO accounts that has delayed purchases on the EA page for up to a day or so.  My last purchase took a day to process.
    Pinkerton said:
    That would drive me nuts.  I just tested it again and after I hit pay now I get a screen that says "you're awesome thanks for buying some crap from us"  or something like that with my code.  Try a different browser?  (I am using new firefox)
    I'll try a different browser next time and see if that speeds things up. 
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,311
    Is your credit card saved with origin 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,212
    Honkwomp said:
    Why does it take so long for Origin to deliver tokens and codes
    I am just getting back and it takes hours to get anything.  Given free shards can deliver purchases in less than 10 minutes, I am surprised the process for  the legitimate shards takes so long.
    Are you new to Origin?  Did you change CCs?  Are you using other payment methods?  There are a number of reasons that some people are delayed and others are not.  I have the same CC tied to my accounts that I have always had and get my codes instantly.
    My card is not saved. (might be why they make me wait)?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    Cyrus said:

Yup. Have to use a verified card or Paypal to get instant delivery.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    Cyrus said:

Yup. Have to use a verified card or Paypal to get instant delivery.
    This is true 
  • HonkwompHonkwomp Posts: 44
    Yep  the credit card thing was the trick!!  Pawain thank you  I just did 1000 sovereigns via pay pal and got my code right then.  Should I use this in the future, I will use pay pal.  
    Honkwomp said:
    Yep  the credit card thing was the trick!!  Pawain thank you  I just did 1000 sovereigns via pay pal and got my code right then.  Should I use this in the future, I will use pay pal.  
    Yes, very good to know. I'll be doing the same for future purchases. Thank for the info everyone!
    Now that said, how do you get a credit card verified?  Mine is actually a debit
    Honkwomp said:
    Now that said, how do you get a credit card verified?  Mine is actually a debit
    Us it add it file but the first time it still has a delay after it’s instant 
  • North_LSNorth_LS Posts: 99
    i bought sovs yesterday, recieved them instantly, and bought stable tokens from in game store and got those instantly too. weird.
    North_LS said:
    i bought sovs yesterday, recieved them instantly, and bought stable tokens from in game store and got those instantly too. weird.
    Yea read back a bit.  It takes pay pal or a verified credit card!  I will pay with pay pal going forward