about that next Pub...

so if champ spawns can be created any where does that mean on the high sea's ???
and for trade routes at Christmas can we have some at sea? maybe Krampus spawns on a little boat ;) and how about a Christmas tree on the floating dock we have to feed fish or no name crab ;)
@Kyronix
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,122Dev
    A "High Seas" champ spawn is something we've thought about for a while.  We had planned at one point to develop one centered around a quasi-submarine of Orcish technology.  One of the hangups on any type of battle in the ocean is the physical area that is available for players to engage the champion target is limited.  We kind of saw this with Plunderbeacons.  The concern was somewhat alleviated with Plunderbeacons because there are multiple instances.  For a champ boss though, we only have one.  Part of the way we would get around this is to have the champ move around (hence why a submarine would be an ideal candidate, or a squid, or an octopus, or a shark...but i digress).  It's something I'd still like to do, so maybe for the future!  Tally ho!
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,797
    A shark with laser beams. Does both heat and physical damage.
  • Lord_NabinLord_Nabin Posts: 203
    edited July 2020
    @Kyronix ; Oh I don't know. I could see a group of players boxing it in with their ships and then bouncing around on them while they fight. I do not think you have to worry about the area to fight. Let the players work that out. They are smart and creative. 

Just place the challenge. One that forces you to work together to accomplish a task. 

Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage
    Ancient Conclave of Wisdom

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    I could imagine 4 players box up the champ with 4 x Britannia ship, and the rest of our ships are outside the box and eating pop corns...
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    @Lord_Nabin - until we get multiple reports of the content being inaccessible.  It's a nice idea to just "let it fly" but unfortunately we can't implement content with that mindset.  The situation @Seth describes is one we'd have to work to avoid.
    edited July 2020
    @Kyronix   Fair point 
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
    Seth said:
    I could imagine 4 players box up the champ with 4 x Britannia ship, and the rest of our ships are outside the box and eating pop corns...
     If there is popcorn @Skett would show up for sure!!
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Seth said:
     If there is popcorn @ Skett would show up for sure!!
    lol  :D
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    @Kyronix You know...Submarines do tend to submerge and resurface in other areas........

Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
    @Kyronix Here is a thought, How about implementing the encounter like you do Mel where the entire party is pulled into a separate area for the battle. 

In this case bring back the good old Whirlpool. Cross over the whirlpool with your ship. A group of partied people and the ships they are piloting are pulled into the vortex to battle the champ. When the battle is over they and their ships are placed back out at sea. Maybe randomly lol 

Solves the boxing in so others can't get to it scenario a bit. Sure I spent a fair amount of time with my friends chatting outside Mel while another party was inside but that's ok and it has its own benefits. You never know when a group of pirates might sail up on you while you are waiting for the next whirlpool vortex to open. 

Anyway just a thought. 

Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    making this too complicated put the alter in the sea in the lost lands everything else the same as a land based spawn except its at sea fist wave sea serpents water ele's  second kraken and vile water ele's  third levitation's and hurricane ele's champ like scalis or corgil or chardy..  
    *hits like button*

Wait wrong forum. Would some one flip the switch for this please 
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
    @Lord_Nabin Instancing it is always an option but the resource sink on instancing an encounter increases dramatically, hence why it's usually an option of last resort.

@McDougle - you'd still have to fight those creatures on a ship, which limits availability.  There's a couple of solutions we could try to solve these concerns.  Mob fodder selection isn't one of them, we've got lots of those to choose from!
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    @Kyronix always down to do some testing !
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,350
    edited July 2020
    If I were to plan a water based champ I would set it in a circular area west of Jhelom.  I would make the waves of spawn in concentric circles rather than each in the same area, like a 'wall' that must be broken through and destroyed to get to the next 'wave'.

Only when the final wave was defeated would the champ appear, on a temporary island like that of Corgul. Ships would sail from different directions to break the circles, and the crews disembark to find the champ at the center of his island (out of cannon shot). Recall and gate would be unable to be cast within the final, 3rd wave circle. 

First wave corrupted sea serpents & deviant dolphins. Second wave Crazed Kraken & Demented Deep Sea Serpents  3rd wave Leviathon & Lernean Hydra, Champion: Circe?

The champion would be challenged by ringing a bell (as in doom?) Not sure where I'd put that?
    *hits like button*

Wait wrong forum. Would some one flip the switch for this please 
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
  • TchallaTchalla Posts: 24
    edited July 2020
    If I were to plan a water based champ I would set it in a circular area west of Jhelom.  I would make the waves of spawn in concentric circles rather than each in the same area, like a 'wall' that must be broken through and destroyed to get to the next 'wave'.

Only when the final wave was defeated would the champ appear, on a temporary island like that of Corgul. Ships would sail from different directions to break the circles, and the crews disembark to find the champ at the center of his island (out of cannon shot). Recall and gate would be unable to be cast within the final, 3rd wave circle. 

First wave corrupted sea serpents & deviant dolphins. Second wave Crazed Kraken & Demented Deep Sea Serpents  3rd wave Leviathon & Lernean Hydra, Champion: Circe?

The champion would be challenged by ringing a bell (as in doom?) Not sure where I'd put that?
    The bell could be placed on a buoy out in the water. Seems logical to me, anyway.