Spellweaving's Gift of Live ... not much usefull as it is ?

Dear @Bleak , @Kyronix ,

What is the point of the Spellweaving's Gift of Life as it is ?

Currently, as it is, when the resurrection Gump pops up it gets the Ghost stuck, unmovable.

And if this was not enough, the Gump has a time limit after which, if one wait too long to resurrect, the Gump simply does no longer work and resurrection is not possible....

Now, these 2 things combined basically make this spell useless in most of the circumstances...

Why ?

Because if one died, chances are, that the environement in which one has died is pretty hostile so, just resurrecting "on the spot" pretty often means, inevitably, getting killed again by the spawn there....

To my opinion, either it should be permitted to the Ghost to move around and look for a better place to resurrect or, in alternative, make the Gump have no timer to resurrect so that the Ghost can at least wait for the spawn around to move elsewhere thus permitting to resurrect without getting killed right away upon resurrecting....

Personally, I would much prefer if the Ghost was to be permitted to move around so that they could find a better and safer place to resurrect...

Thanks.

Comments

• UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Proud of you. You found something that does need a tweak but I'm not sure they even can because all rez gumps will freeze your character. 
  • ChrilleChrille Posts: 208
    edited March 2020
    You can use sacrifice to move and then res at the location that you like. Its useful like it is now, most of the times you can use it, sometimes you get reskilled but its so easy to have so I dont think it need to get any better and if its change as you wish then we loose the purpose of sacrifice virtue.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Chrille said:
    You can use sacrifice to move and then res at the location that you like. Its useful like it is now, most of the times you can use it, sometimes you get reskilled but its so easy to have so I dont think it need to get any better and if its change as you wish then we loose the purpose of sacrifice virtue.
    Sure, sacrifice is more helpfull, but my point was to just note how the Gift of Life spell, as it is, in most circumstances if basically useless...

@Urge .... perhaps, a timer "before" the Gift of Life resurrecting gump "pops up" might take care of the issue ?

This way, as the character dies, as a Ghost, the character might walk around and look for a safer place to res "before" the resurrecting Gump pops up.... stand still there until the Resurrecting Gump pops up, use it, and get resurrected....

I would imagine that implementing a delay before the Resurrecting Gump pops up and, thus, freezes the Ghost might not be "that" hard to be implemented...
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    If you are running as you die you can go quite a few squares away before you are frozen.

I usually am running in a panic right before I die.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.