vendor search bug has hell

vendor search is worst than before...before you ahd too vague now you see nothing

Comments

• Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    Probably gonna take a day for it to finish completely reloading everything lol
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    The publish notes say:
    Resolved issue where vendor search could provide erroneous results from auction safes (This will require vendor search maintenance after Pub 108 is deployed WW)
    As the publish has only just been deployed, I think people will need to be patient just a little longer.
  • MordredMordred Posts: 102
    @Mariah

Resolved issue where vendor search could provide erroneous results from auction safes (This will require vendor search maintenance after Pub 108 is deployed WW)

Using UO.COM Own words!!   Resolved issue 

Please note that Vendor Search will be disabled until the publish has been deployed to all shards while maintenance is performed on the database.

RESOLVED ISSUE means they FIXED, they found the problem and they FIXED and the issue is Resolved!!! , Today we came to check the RESOLVED Issue and guess what, is NOT and it is even worst!!. so that is why sometimes that Patience runs thin.
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    i dont think they ever said they would "fix vendorsearch"

this was to resolve specific problem where if you put an item on an aution safe, that item would forever show up only on auction safe-search (even if it was moved to a vendor).

thats my take on what this patch did.  could be wrong but thats how im reading it.

• BleakBleak Posts: 143Dev
    edited March 2020
    As stated in the notes we have performed maintenance on the Vendor Search database. Each time we do this all vended/auction items on each server must be readded to the database. This process takes time and we appreciate your patience during this time. We are also looking into improving the messaging you receive for searches when items are not found. 

Thanks for being a part of the community! 
    @Bleak ; The problem is not the items not found, is the Too Vague message.
    you can be right next to the item (vendor/Safes) you can type/filter the exactly name or stats of the item and the result is Too Vague.
  • RockRock Posts: 567
    @Mordred I believe what he is saying is that a fix has been made to the database program.  However, that fix cleared the database data, which now must slowly be regathered from all the vendors on all shards. Let it regenerate today.
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    Why not separate auction safe from vendor search....will fix things i think....just do 2 séparâtes search thats it
    @Bleak ;  I waited 4 days since your last message about this matter and let me update the current status that we players are facing!

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Yes. you cant get things to show up on Lake Superior now.  They are really breaking things when they try to fix them now.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Atlantic is really busy tho.  I can see why it wouldnt work.  But LS is not busy.
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    seriously it s worst than before could you stop vendor fee we apying this to show stuff 5 minutes per hour
  • @Bleak
    The VS still problematic and I may have a suggestion for you.
    I believe the problem with the VS started after the introduction of the Auction Safes been available at the same VS feature. My suggestion and question is:
    Is it possible to divide the database and search features into 2 different ones?
    so when we click and go to VS, We would see 2 different VS options:
    • Vendor Search
    • Auction Safe Search

I think that by dividing  the current database into 2 separate ones , would take the overload on the current system??   Just a thought!!!!

• updates @Bleak
  • A mate told me, if VS didn't work he switch to another char and it works.

• MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Didn't want to start a new thread on this issue but has Vendor search become 'vague' again?  Last few days on Atlantic I have been getting the too vague comment when I type in the exact name of an item. 

Seems whatever was fixed is now Unfixed.

2 May 2020

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
    Works sometimes on Atl. Very annoying.
  • TXEggplantTXEggplant Posts: 160
    It would be nice if the VS had an option to pick scrolls or items, the way it has to pick armor pieces. IDK how it's listed in the DB but ... IF it could be done, it would be great!
    Maith Ceol, Chesapeake
    Governor of Moonglow

Discord: txeggplant
    maithceol@gmail.com
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    @TXEggplant scroll anat.  Learn how to use something, it is very simple.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Mordred said:
    @ Bleak  The problem is not the items not found, is the Too Vague message.
    you can be right next to the item (vendor/Safes) you can type/filter the exactly name or stats of the item and the result is Too Vague.
    The simple fact that you think if you're standing right next to an item it should populate faster, just means you don't really have an understanding of how the system works, and shouldn't be so aggressive to this Dev team with your all caps ridiculousness.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • TXEggplantTXEggplant Posts: 160
    edited May 2020
    @ TXEggplant scroll anat.  Learn how to use something, it is very simple.

Uh thanks but I did that and I got "too vague"

And FYI ... not every scroll everyone is looking for is an SoT or power. Sometimes, you just need a Mark scroll.

Learn how not to assume. It's very simple.
    Maith Ceol, Chesapeake
    Governor of Moonglow

Discord: txeggplant
    maithceol@gmail.com