a player lured at an idoc

I am at an idoc on sakura I have paged the gms no response yet a player brought a dimetrosaur to the spot and released it in Trammel and killed all of my characters and Packies, I would appreciate the respect as a paying player to have a gm come to the site i am at and at least read who the owner of the dimetrosaur was and deal wiht it as it totally ruined my gameplay for the night, I

Comments

• FortisFortis Posts: 408
    edited March 2020
    all off your characters....maybe play one attended
  • DasilvaDasilva Posts: 98
    i was playing all of them attended as is my right but it is very hard to alt tab between characters when some ^*^*^ decided to lure on me in trammel so yeah i was at my kepboard when it happened thank you very much
  • Yeah that definitely sucks, I am pretty sure that is against the rules, I remember a discussion about that and rend. Though I am not sure if it would require the gm, since you said they only did it once. I recommened playing more socially and try to make some friends to help you with that. Not trying to make light of what happened, dont take it that way. Sorry you lost all your stuff, and probably didnt get the idoc. Dont give up though, there are always counters for that kind of thing:). 

Also if you read the patch notes for idocs they basically put a end to that kind of thing with the new way of doing it, if I understood it right. 
  • Dasilva ...totally ruined my gameplay for the night...
    Sounds like fun emergent gameplay in an  online sandbox game to me.

Debatable rule 1 violation vs rule 6 violation,  may the strongest win.
  • ohhhh, I feel so bad for you Dasilva!! really bad
    poor guy.
    This person bring 6 toons to idocs, each with 5 packies, 30 packies if not more per idoc, But WAIT, He manually control all 6 accounts and he manually put the loot into 30 packies!!! and now he complain that he wasnt fast enough to move them all and poor guy died!!
    PRICELESS , I LOVE IT. LOVE IT.
    I miss Harbingers sooo Bad!!
  • Next He will demand a Shard Revert, because his 30 packies died and he lost the chance to script loot everything, pooooor guy!!!!
  • I love you made an account for this.  I appreciate the passion
  • a scripter getting mad bc someone killed his chance to loot everything and he is crying about, 
    this is what this game is all about now, ME ME ME ME
  • a scripter getting mad bc someone killed his chance to loot everything and he is crying about, 
    this is what this game is all about now, ME ME ME ME
     There's a large thread going since last fall about pets randomly going wild, who's to say that a random pedestrian walking by with his dime had lost control of it.  Accidents happen.
  • vortexvortex Posts: 200
    Wouldn't a wild pet just sit there wandering around not hostile unless you try to tame it or attack it?
  • PolarisPolaris Posts: 106
    vortex said:
    Wouldn't a wild pet just sit there wandering around not hostile unless you try to tame it or attack it?
    My thoughts exactly, I thought released pets did not attack? And where was it lured from anyway? Are there dinosaurs in Malas?

On another topic, released pets should be able to attack. Nothing funner than releasing a WW or GD on a bunch of peeps. ;P I dunno if that is against the rules or not, but it shouldn't be, lol. I realize I will eat my words on this later.... but I would likely do the same on occasions if I could.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Luring in a Trammel ruleset is classed as harrasement.

However bear in mind that running multiple instances of the game client is unsupported.
  • vortex said:
    This is one instance where karma actually has a funny interaction with game mechanics.  
  • vortexvortex Posts: 200
    vortex said:
    This is one instance where karma actually has a funny interaction with game mechanics.  

• KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    Mariah said:
    However bear in mind that running multiple instances of the game client is unsupported.
    ... but NOT harassment and NOT a bannable offense (violation of ToS) ...
  • Well you say that, buuuuuut....
    "
    1. Rules of Conduct.
    2. You may not leave an active character or pet in game while unattended. If your character is performing a skill, text or action, you must be able to respond to a Game Master when one attempts to speak to you."
    Interpretation is fun.
    I cannot beleive it Pan...ty for helping devs to caught you
  • MordredMordred Posts: 102
    The person that is crying, bring 6 or more accounts, with 5 packies each, press play and minimize screen, only able to control 1 while 5 other accs run by itself, than a situation presents and since he cant play all 6 accs manually, he complain and bring the harassment thing??? 
    Well said Mariah, someone got caught on his own words and he is demanding action.... is very very funny the way Karma works.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Sounds like a clear case of the un-bonding bug to me.  I sure hope the player got his pet back
  • DasilvaDasilva Posts: 98
    edited March 2020
     there is nothing illegal about having multip[le clients multiboxing is on the other hand illegal, and for the record i have screenshots of the person actually bringing a tamed dimetrosaur to trammel and releasing it which is in fact illegal and as far as me scripting quite honestly i consider that flattering since like a few ppl have already jokingly said im probably the worst scripter ever then lol but whatever, and if i WAS scripting why the hell would i ask the gms to come to the spot

Oh and it is my prerogative to play multiple PAID for accounts if I so desire that is why they allow you to pay for and have them in the first place
    it is NOT your prerogative to bring a tame animal to where I am playing and impede my gameplay within the trammel/tokuno/t2a/malas/ilshener facets, it is actually totally a violation of the TOS to impede my gameplay in any way on these facets, why it is allowed is beyond me.

and for the record there is a HUGE difference between running scripts like certain individuals do for farming resources/looting idocs/pvping etc and running ******** which is what I do AND I am always at the keyboard when that is running. which IS my right to do so.

Name of unapproved 3rd party program removed by Mariah
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 883
    Dasilva. post an UNEDITED/CROPPED picture of your screen setup, and show us how you can monitor and control 6 accts at once without a script?  Dare ya
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 883
    edited March 2020
    So you don't think having 6 accts with 30 pack animals hoovering up everything is not in any way greedy? So now you are going to say you switch from one char to another once the pack animals are full?
    Assuming you play ATL there is NO time to manually full up pack animals and switch to the next. If this is the case you MUST have the majority of them empty as loot goes so fast?  So why bring all them to an idoc when you have no LEGAL way of filling them up?

All 6  clients from 1 computer? So you can launch a rocket into space with this home pc of yours?

Stinks of cheating to me
  • Lady_StormLady_Storm Posts: 400
    Running multi accounts is not an offence. 
    Yes it is not supported by the game masters. 
    Still it is  not illegal.  
    Though it was not meant to be used as a idoc looter revolving door, which mind you will change if the dev changes go in. 
    Now as for the player who brought that Dino...  
    He did what we call a slap on the wrist action. GM's would warn them that next time it would be a night off for him on UO.  If he has no priors.   
     Next time... stick to logging one out and run another so you don't go crazy hunting a healer for all the crew you have logged in.
  • Im still under the belief it's grey area to be running multiple accounts simultaneously.

The conduct rule I posted is extremely ambiguous with....

"You may not leave an active character or pet in game while unattended."

I know this isn't really enforced *looks at Luna with heavy breathing*.  But i get the impression it was left grey so it can be implemented wherever at their discretion.

Anyone have a linky to some actual dev/gm approving of simultaneous account use, ya know, for science?

I'm not against it, just curious cause lots of people sayin straight up it's totally legal.

Also, thank you mods for letting this discussion take place, it's entertaining and informative.
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    edited March 2020
    Im still under the belief it's grey area to be running multiple accounts simultaneously.

The conduct rule I posted is extremely ambiguous with....

"You may not leave an active character or pet in game while unattended."

The Dark Lady herself said multi-accounts is not supported (not saying much else, leaving it open to legality interpretation) during a M&G. I forget which, but there are logs on Stratics somewhere (too lazy to go look for them atm).

The unattended part would be an AFK thing, which means not responding to a GM pinging the character in-game. I've watched GMs try to get unattended players' attention - sometimes they try for 10 minutes.  Even had one ping me while I was working skills. If you reply the GMs are super nice about it, most times just letting you know they are watching. 

When I'm running two accounts, one is in CC and the other EC - and since I am at the keyboard, I am able to respond via both. If I run two clients and don't respond on one or the other (as in one toon account went to a bank and the other is still standing in the house) - the non-responsive one would be unattended and could be actioned despite me being at my keyboard. My attention is on the toon (account) at the bank, and not the one at the house.

Is good to have more than one monitor - one with one account/client and the other with the second. However, is kinda hard to really pay attention to both simultaneously. I don't recommend it.

Name of unapproved 3rd party program removed by Mariah lol i read the post last night but was desesperate by his comments he said in is post eh was using third party program to autoloot and said it was legal
    Just for clarity too.... I often like to leave my account just sitting at the bank (to make the game feel fuller if someone runs by.) Is this allowed as long as 0 actions are being performed? Just bank sitting?
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited March 2020
    Polaris said:
    Just for clarity too.... I often like to leave my account just sitting at the bank (to make the game feel fuller if someone runs by.) Is this allowed as long as 0 actions are being performed? Just bank sitting?
    Good luck getting any answer on rules on this forum... They will rather call you a troll than answer any..
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • NikardNikard Posts: 164
    and for the record there is a HUGE difference between running scripts like certain individuals do for farming resources/looting idocs/pvping etc and running ******** which is what I do AND I am always at the keyboard when that is running. which IS my right to do so.

Name of unapproved 3rd party program removed by Mariah

Your 3rd party program is illegal, his lure is illegal, sounds like some vigilante justice was served today. I hope that guy flashed you his bat-signal as he vanished into the night. LOL.

That should be an automatic ban..... if he admitted to a loot program running. Again, thank God they have changed IDOCs.... that's exactly why I quit going, and so many others quit the game.
This discussion has been closed.