UO.CFG Tree Canopies ON - Desolation OFF not working, why ?

@Kyronix @Bleak ;

could you please kindly tell me why, even though I edited my UO.CFG file to have Tree Canopies ON and Desolation OFF, saved the changes, my UO Classic Client STILL plays out with Tree Canopies OFF and Desolation ON ?

And yes, the save was saved since, with my Classic Client up and running my screen still shows Trees without Canopies and Desolation around (in Felucca that is)..... I did check again my UO.CFG file which does display the saved Tree Canopies ON and Desolation OFF as I have modified.

What gives ?

I really do not like to see Felucca as a barren Land and would like to change its looks.

Can you please advice how to ?

Thanks.

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,969Moderator
    there is a uo.cfg file for each character, they will overwrite the main one. It is more often a problem when trying to undo a change, but I can only suggest you access each character's file and change them individually.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,928
    Mariah said:
    there is a uo.cfg file for each character, they will overwrite the main one. It is more often a problem when trying to undo a change, but I can only suggest you access each character's file and change them individually.
    Thank you Mariah, I had no idea that I had to edit the file for each and every character.

Thanks for the info, will do as you said.
  • And here I thought you were against things that contribute to global warming. Removing all trees is a devastating effect...... <span>:wink:</span>
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage
    Ancient Conclave of Wisdom

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    But he wants the trees.... he wants a pretty Felucca again.

The problem with this is that it's like the character is seeing the world through rose-colored glasses - for no one else will see the canopies of the trees, only him. He may make a comment about the beautiful foliage in Felucca, and everyone will be like, wha?

*shrug*
    edited February 2020
    Kirthag said:
    But he wants the trees.... he wants a pretty Felucca again.

The problem with this is that it's like the character is seeing the world through rose-colored glasses - for no one else will see the canopies of the trees, only him. He may make a comment about the beautiful foliage in Felucca, and everyone will be like, wha?

*shrug*
    If something can be improven in its looks, why shouldn't it be ?

After all, I need to imagine, Ultima Online's Developers made the option to Turn Tree Canopies on and Desolation off in Felucca as available, why shouldn't then players who wanted to use such an option take advantage of it ?

Those who enjoy seeing a desolated and barren Land go ahead and do it.... those who instead prefer to see a better looking one, to their personal tasting, can do it also.

I do not see the problem of that.

By the way, thanking to @Mariah tip, it worked, and I was able to turn Tree Canopies back on and Desolation off in Felucca.

Thanks for the heads up.
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    popps said:

Those who enjoy seeing a desolated and barren Land go ahead and do it.... those who instead prefer to see a better looking one, to their personal tasting, can do it also.

It only speaks to your desire to see things your way (hence rose-colored glasses) rather than as they are.

But wait, we speak of an imaginary world made up of 1s and 0s on the interwebs.

Carry on.
    Kirthag said:
    popps said:

It only speaks to your desire to see things your way (hence rose-colored glasses) rather than as they are.

Carry on.
    Spot on.....