Recycling

MissEMissE Posts: 776
edited February 2020 in General Discussions

Any chance of being able to recycle/salvage wood in crafting?  With the new bod system and the difficulty in getting rare woods it would be nice to be able to recycle non-exceptional crafted items as you can with Leathers and Ingots. I am throwing away so many items it is really disheartening given the amount of time taken to find the wood in the first place, frostwood, bloodwood etc. I do have furniture vendors but there are only so many tables you can flog in any given year :P

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum

Comments

• RockRock Posts: 567
    Seconded, and adding the same request for tinkered goods.  Normally they don't use a lot of ingots or wood in their fabrication, but it would still be nice to get half of their raw materials back.
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Yep, tinkered stuff need to be recycled too. 

I just had to make 80 exceptional yew-wood tables to fill 4 bods.  I ended up chucking 39 tables in the bin filling that order.  That is equivalent of tossing 1053 bloodwood boards in the bin. 

At least with a lot of the tinkered stuff the quantity of ingots use to craft is like minimal, ie 4 or 6 etc, each of those tables took 27 boards and I have totally given up filling any that require each item to use more than 30 as the wastage is HUGE.

Cheers MissE

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    @MissE by any chance do you have the High Seas Booster pack?  If you do I suggest that you go after the human merchant ships and sink them.  I get a lot of Frost and Blood wood from them. More than I ever got lumberjacking.  No need to attack the crew.  They don't fight back unless you attack the crew directly. Just shoot the ship with a cannon 14 or so times then you can board it and loot the hold and boxes.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    The good and bad thing about Carpentry BODs is they do not have many good rewards. I stopped doing them since most do not bribe up anyway.

But, Tinker items and Carpentry items should recycle.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    They fixed most of the carpentry bods so they bribe up. There are some weird individual bods that you can't take all the way.  For example I have one large music instrument BOD that I was only able to bribe up to 20 normal frostwood where as four other large music instrument BODs I was able to bribe to 20 exceptional frostwood.
    Yes I know all about Merchant ships, however that is NOT the issue.  

The issue is we need to be able to recycle crafted timber goods.  I hate just throwing stuff in the bin, it is wasteful and I would rather get some recovery from the boards I use irrespective of how I got the boards to start with.  We can recycle cloth and leather and ingots, we should be able to recycle wood.  Tinker items also need to be able to be reclaimed as again it is wasteful chucking 40% of your val crafted items in the bin if they are not exceptional.

On a side note, I seriously hate having to go out scuttling ships to get my wood when I have a perfectly good Lumberjack (in fact I have 2) however those skills have been rendered totally redundant since they changed the way resources are gathered.  It is totally moronic that I get more wood out of ships than I do with 100 skill points devoted to wood gathering. 

Cheers MissE

edited February 2020
    TimSt said:
    They fixed most of the carpentry bods so they bribe up. There are some weird individual bods that you can't take all the way.  For example I have one large music instrument BOD that I was only able to bribe up to 20 normal frostwood where as four other large music instrument BODs I was able to bribe to 20 exceptional frostwood.
    https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/skills/carpentry/carpentry-bulk-orders/
    All of those N/A will bribe up now?  When it came out, those had points but the larges did not bribe past wood.  There are only 2 Large Carpentry BODs if those do not bribe up.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    MissE said:
    Yes I know all about Merchant ships, however that is NOT the issue.  

The issue is we need to be able to recycle crafted timber goods.  I hate just throwing stuff in the bin, it is wasteful and I would rather get some recovery from the boards I use irrespective of how I got the boards to start with.  We can recycle cloth and leather and ingots, we should be able to recycle wood.  Tinker items also need to be able to be reclaimed as again it is wasteful chucking 40% of your val crafted items in the bin if they are not exceptional.

On a side note, I seriously hate having to go out scuttling ships to get my wood when I have a perfectly good Lumberjack (in fact I have 2) however those skills have been rendered totally redundant since they changed the way resources are gathered.  It is totally moronic that I get more wood out of ships than I do with 100 skill points devoted to wood gathering. 
    It's actually not moronic. We're supposed to assume that it took 10s if not 100s of lumberjacks to create the resources found on merchant ships. They should absolutely yield more wood than a single lumberjack with an axe, imo. :)
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    Pawain said:
    TimSt said:
    https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/skills/carpentry/carpentry-bulk-orders/
    All of those N/A will bribe up now?  When it came out, those had points but the larges did not bribe past wood.  There are only 2 Large Carpentry BODs if those do not bribe up.

Yes they have been able to be bribed up since publish 104.

@Mariah, Could you update the wiki page https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/skills/carpentry/carpentry-bulk-orders/
    Sweet.  :)
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Working on it.
    It's actually not moronic. We're supposed to assume that it took 10s if not 100s of lumberjacks to create the resources found on merchant ships. They should absolutely yield more wood than a single lumberjack with an axe, imo. :)
    Nope, if I have 100 points devoted to a skill that should always be the chief and most rewarding way to obtain the benefits of that skill.  It is moronic.  It totally devalues the skill. 

When the devs changed the way resources were gathered by those who had actually DEVOTED points to the skill allowing no one but the scripters to benefit due to the lack of high end trees and them being so far apart and so damn random they basically said to the lumberjacks and miners out there that their skill was pointless unless they wanted to script. 

Since that time they have added all this 'stuff' special maps from the void pool or talismans/maps from bods  adding boards/ingots to  merchant ships which basically allows those with bugger all skill or those who 'fight' to obtain stuff to find the resources that SHOULD rightly belong to those who invest skill points.

I guess you will be happy if my lumberjack gets to fish in all waters of the sea, getting all the rare fish and being able to benefit from trade crates and get those rewards for zero skill.   Given that he has given up all his wood to supply merchant ships. 

Cheers MissE

• KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    I feel that any crafted item should be recyclable with some loss of base recourses.
    Even rings. I can take costume jewelry and break it down, smelt the metal, and make totally new jewelry IRL, should be able to in-game as well.