Copying Spellbooks

Forgive me, I've been away and may have missed a memo, but I am trying to copy a spellbook and all I get is "that is not a book" when I click the source. Has that ability been disabled or, if not, what am I missing? Thanks in advance for any help.
"If you ain't the lead dog, the view never changes."

Comments

• UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    I thought you could only copy books that are written.

Inscription crafts Magery/Mystic and Necro spellbooks and the scrolls to go in them.
    Bushido and Ninja are looted as full books.
    Chiv is bought.
    Spellweaving you get the book after finishing the quest and have to collect the spells as loot. 
  • I'm sorry, I should have been more clear about that. I am attempting (hoping) to copy the 64 spells from a full magery spellbook into an empty magery spellbook. Great info tho! I have put mysticism on this scribe so I can also do the mystic books for folks. I hope that makes things a bit more clear.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    CityKitty said:
    I'm sorry, I should have been more clear about that. I am attempting (hoping) to copy the 64 spells from a full magery spellbook into an empty magery spellbook. Great info tho! I have put mysticism on this scribe so I can also do the mystic books for folks. I hope that makes things a bit more clear.
    Unfortunately it doesn't work that way.  You have to craft and empty spellbook, then craft each individual spell and drop it on the book.  One tip to make it a little faster... there are some mage npcs that will sell all the scrolls for levels 1-4 which means you only have to craft 5-8.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    CityKitty said:
    I'm sorry, I should have been more clear about that. I am attempting (hoping) to copy the 64 spells from a full magery spellbook into an empty magery spellbook. Great info tho! I have put mysticism on this scribe so I can also do the mystic books for folks. I hope that makes things a bit more clear.
    I fully understood. You have to craft the magery/mystic/necro spells and drop into an empty spellbook as far as i know. Only player written books can be copied. Maybe runebooks? Not spellbooks. 
  • Ok yes that answers the question, thanks. i had been reading in a few places about copying rune and spell books and got excited. I guess they were mistaken. Back to loading my million spellbooks the old fashioned way. Stop by for a coffee and tell me about your day while I grind away! hehe
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216

CityKitty said:
    Ok yes that answers the question, thanks. i had been reading in a few places about copying rune and spell books and got excited. I guess they were mistaken. Back to loading my million spellbooks the old fashioned way. Stop by for a coffee and tell me about your day while I grind away! hehe

You can "auto-copy" full Rune Books & Rune Atlas using the 600 Sovreigns UO Store "Pen of Wisdom", but NOT Spellbooks...
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    @CityKitty - I believe you play on Pacific.  If you need the higher end spell scrolls like Summon Fire Elemental and such let me know and I'll make you a few.  Just let me know which ones you need and how many of each.
  • Thanks much! Yes I'm on Pacific. I will keep your kind offer in mind. I'm in north Minoc if you feel like stopping by. In fact, I'm right behind the castle my partner and I placed on the day we broke the internet on the official "house placement day" hehe